• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 9, 2018
i dont know if thats the law but i disagree with it entirely. Reviews dont 100% the entire game. im pretty sure someone cant put up an entire movie and do an MST3K-style show without first purchasing the right to do so but maybe im wrong.
MST3K licenses the movies that are not public domain, IIRC.

One of the reasons retsupurae-style channels commentating over LPs on YT stopped is that the targets often retaliated with copyright strikes if they didn't like the commentary.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Piracy is always a service problem, and while it can never be endorsed, and people shouldn't pirate anything, a lot of people still will if it's the path of least resistance

No one is entitled to game soundtracks, but if they have to buy a CD from a store to listen to a few tracks, most people won't do that

It's the same with ROMs. Of course no one should download ROMs illegally, but a lot of people will if there is no adequate way to get a hold of them legally

No one is entitled to Nintendo ROMs, and no one should be pirating them, but it's not hard to do so, and so obviously people will if Nintendo or anyone else don't offer them for sale. Nintendo legally can do all they can to fight this, but at the end of the day, there is a demand, and people can easily get what they want illegally without much trouble, so the best way to combat that would be to offer to meet that demand in a way that benefits Nintendo

On the subject of lets plays, I can't believe there are people who want lets plays to be banned because they presumably hurt the developer/publisher? Imagine being the kind of person who worries about that