• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

On top of the parade of racist assholes that Rogan gives a voice to on his podcast, never really telling them their wrong but simply replying with "Huh, interesting", he's constantly hanging around with them.

I'll go ahead and post a photo of him hanging out with Left activists as well:

footage-not-found.png

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Jesus Christ, and someone had a go at me on here for calling Sam Harris an alt-right darling. What a collection of human garbage.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
This has to be admitted? I thought we all agreed on this awhile ago.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
This isn't news. Again its always telling when these guys hang out with and give platforms to extremes on one side of the political spectrum damn near exclusively. It's amazing that they think no one notices.

But this guy is damn near worshipped by a certain demographic that loves him to death. Its crazy.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The collective intelligence of the men in that photo likely couldn't fix me a sandwich.

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people listen to Joe Rogan about things other than MMA?

I've never watched him in the UFC or on Newsradio and thought I wanted to hear more of what he had to say

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Ok put me in the Sam Harris is a bigot camp.

I stopped listening to Rogan years ago and I am glad I did. Nothing of consequence was lost...

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So many folks see him as "Centrist" and hating the "extremes of both sides".

Dude's a fucking alt-right shithead and needs to be called out as such.
Alright. I don't know a single person that is more than peripherally aware of Rogan. I can't imagine people coming to any other conclusion about a man that's had multiple civil interviews with Alex Jones.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Folks will fight to the death to defend their "stupid peoples' idea of a smart man."

Here, here! It's exactly like Trump is a poor person's idea of a rich person. Tacky gold and showy wealth that actually wealthy people rarely exhibit. Constantly referring to his wealth and bragging, etc. Slapping his name on everything, etc. Just so tacky and chintzy.

Family

Banned
Feb 25, 2018
This has to be admitted? I thought we all agreed on this awhile ago.

Rogen has tons of supporters here who consider him to merely be a free thinker. Certainly not a closed subject over here. His kinda racism as well as Harris' is wide spread enough on reset.

And yeah, that is a collection of pure racist scum. Rogen has always been along with them. Milos, these guys, and Bill Maher. All cut from the same cloth.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rogan is definitely not alt-right but he has absolutely no problem with giving them air time. He also gives hard left-leaning people like Matt Taibi airtime as well, though.

I don't really think of him as a free thinker though, I just think he's not really smart enough to challenge any of these people intellectually, he just likes the pretense of having "intellectuals" on his show.

Honestly, I enjoy the guy, but he gets way more credit for being smart than he deserves. Smart people have opinions and ask hard questions, they don't just let people say dumb shit unchallenged.

99Luffy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense. I watched a video on youtube and the next video that autoplayed was some guy ranting about how racist Black Panther was.

Oct 27, 2017
Joe Rogan is to dumb people that think they're smarter for liking him as Trump is to poor people that think they will one day be rich.

Phrozenflame500

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think they're alt-right (in the sense of white nationalist), but they are bigoted and pretty giant assholes.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ungh, this is the last nail for me. So gutted right now, I'm an MMA fan so I listen to his podcast for stuff on that and while I have listened to some of the alt-right guests he's had, I've been skipping most of them, but now I don't even want to listen to his MMA guests knowing that he's hanging out with these white supremacists now.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
If Joe rogan isn't alt.right, he will do until the official alt.right shows up. I mean read his comments on his YouTube videos. It's 100% white supremacy.

He doesn't seem to mind...

Listening to his thoughts on other subjects/who he gives a platform to is almost as bad as maher. It really ruins my enjoyment of him doing the mma stuff because I know that he's fine with both siding issues.. or just asking questions.. sjws suck..etc

Family

Banned
Feb 25, 2018
??? That isn't even a hot take.

Dude we literally just had two massive threads about Sam Harris and people were angrily defending him. Neogaff, and Reset always has. Around here, people have always liked him and his ideas.

The idea that reset is unified against these racists and their ideas is flat out not true.

GrooveCommand

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Joe Rogan is an ignorant, self-centered, dumb ass. Why anyone listens to what he says is a mystery to me.

hexanaut

Dec 6, 2017
Man, what a party

https://thehardtimes.net/hardstyle/the-top-5-podcasts-that-make-up-my-entire-identity/

Joe Rogan has given us a modern day enlightenment. He has literally everyone famous on his show and the best part is he doesn't have any opinions! He's just asking questions! No matter how controversial or downright bigoted a person is, Joe Rogan will treat them respect and take their opinions seriously! He has opened my mind to a lot of truly terrible thoughts that normally I would have just ignored.

bro_naldo

Oct 28, 2017
I love Joe Rogan podcast, and as daily listerner/viewer i can say for 100% no he is not an alt-right.
Not every conservative or republic is an Alt-right you know...

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
His political views are mostly trash. Also, hanging around alt-right people or even having to work with them doesn't make you one of them.

Plus, he has some good stuff every now and then, and not all of the guest he brings on are Alt-Right. So...

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
Rogan is definitely not alt-right but he has absolutely no problem with giving them air time. He also gives hard left-leaning people like Matt Taibi airtime as well, though.

I don't really think of him as a free thinker though, I just think he's not really smart enough to challenge any of these people intellectually, he just likes the pretense of having "intellectuals" on his show.

Honestly, I enjoy the guy, but he gets way more credit for being smart than he deserves. Smart people have opinions and ask hard questions, they don't just let people say dumb shit unchallenged.

I wouldn't call Matt Taibi hard-left, but that's just me.

(Love the avatar/name combo, btw)

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
depends what alt right is being defined as now. Is it being used like Nazi to the point where the meaning of the word has been very much diluted and thrown about with abandon? he has views that are very much not things that someone in the alt right would believe, though with the odd exception his views seem to line up with whoever he's talking to at the time. which obviously doesn't make for a very good listen when he's talking to rightwing youtube hack of the week, though you get almost a different person when he's talking to someone like Abby Martin or the scientists he'll have on now and then. still not great

Last edited:

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All of these "Just asking questions" dudes are just closet bigots not confident enough to defend their bullshit

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I love Joe Rogan podcast, and as daily listerner/viewer i can say for 100% no he is not an alt-right.
Not every conservative or republic is an Alt-right you know...

I listen to him all the time too. You're wrong. 90 percent of his political guests are alt-right. He never has liberals on. Where's Sam Seder? Tanahese Coates? Robert Reisch? We all know why they aren't invited on. Stop fucking pretending.

Status
Not open for further replies.