• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is fun for you on Friday?

• Nintendo Switch

Votes: 194 11.9%
  • Ball Pit

Votes: 60 3.7%
  • Ice Cream

Votes: 64 3.9%
  • Two days off

Votes: 825 50.6%
  • Being dunked into the ball pit

Votes: 111 6.8%
  • FUN IS DEAD

Votes: 185 11.4%
  • NO MORE FUN EVER

Votes: 190 11.7%

• Total voters
OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Is this an American thing, or a 9-5 thing? I'm a shift worker from the UK so I don't get any of this.

Both. The platonic ideal of an American job is 9-5 with Thursday as the busy day and Friday as the day to unwind and finish up little things.

This ideal is bullshit.

Btw, I guess you could say that this is a "hot take" five years in the making, as I've been a hater of happy Friday since late 2012.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
HwwxCRw.png

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
Mondays do suck, and I work Saturdays too so when someone says they love Fridays or tells me to have a nice weekend I get a little angrier too.

Oct 28, 2017
Fridays Kick Ass!

You guys know if we go to an 8 day a week 11 Month Calendar, the world would self heal in 19 months!

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you! Drives me crazy. I also hear a lot of "we survived another week!", as if we're working in a friggin concentration camp.

Agree with you on the complaints about Monday, too. My job allows me to pay for everything in my life, including my wife and children. Why would I be mad at coming into work on Mondays?

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
They call it stormy Monday, but Tuesday's just as bad
They call it stormy Monday, but Tuesday's just as bad
Wednesday's worse, and Thursday's also sad

Yes the eagle flies on Friday, and Saturday I go out to play
Eagle flies on Friday, and Saturday I go out to play
Sunday I go to church, then I kneel down and pray

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy on me
Lord have mercy, my heart's in misery
Crazy about my baby, yes, send her home to me

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Both. The platonic ideal of an American job is 9-5 with Thursday as the busy day and Friday as the day to unwind and finish up little things.

This ideal is bullshit.

Btw, I guess you could say that this is a "hot take" five years in the making, as I've been a hater of happy Friday since late 2012.
That might explain why I sometimes hear "Thursday's the new Friday" or some such from office worker friends, who think it's a good idea to go binge drinking after work on a Thursday...

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I get to get off work at 5 and go home, relax and stay up late tonight because I don't work on Saturday and Sunday.
Fridays are special days, FOH, OP.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Thank you! Drives me crazy. I also hear a lot of "we survived another week!", as if we're working in a friggin concentration camp.

Agree with you on the complaints about Monday, too. My job allows me to pay for everything in my life, including my wife and children. Why would I be mad at coming into work on Mondays?

OMG, "survived another week!" How I hate thee. Did you have to five miles uphill each way to the office today???

Seriously, take stock of your mood on Monday. Odds are that you're doing better that you will be on Tuesday at the same time.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've certainly heard people say "Happy Friday" (myself included) but I've never heard someone call Friday, "Happy Friday." like "Tomorrow is Happy Friday!"

Thirsty Thursday is the best day anyway

Pog

Banned
May 19, 2018
I legitimately feel sorry for people stuck in the monotony of an American 9-5 life.

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Please.

Just stop.

It isn't a holiday. It isn't a magic day of some kind.

Its Friday. We get 52 of them each year.

While we're at it, we can lose hump day too. Damn Gecico and their brain programming commercials for bringing it back.

Case of the Mondays? Monday isn't a bad day of the week after first 10 minutes and if you want to assert that Monday is worse than Tuesday than you've haven't done an honest assessment of your overall mood on the average Tuesday compared to Monday.

Sounds like someone has a case of the Fridays.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
"Happy Friday!" is used by the riders to troll drivers during Critical Mass rides.

It's highly effective.

Also, Happy Friday!

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People typically don't love working enough to want to be there everyday, and therefore look forward to the two days off. This isn't groundbreaking news.

When you have to mention 52 times a year how happy you are that you won't have to work, kinda sounds to me like you don't like your job. Why not go the extra mile and say "Happy end of shift" every day? I enjoy free time too but free time is not a rare occurrence.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Can we stop asking in first person plural what we should or shouldn't do?

Like that, it's just a trend, and it'll fade out.....until some retrospect show about the early 21st century makes fun of how we spoke.
"They'd say 'can we talk about this?' all the time! Hump Day was some sort of religious feast too!"

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I will not stop. Friday is a day to happy, GDI. I mean unless you work weekends, then, yeah.

Minarik

Nov 9, 2017
One of these threads...

Where can I learn to be randomly upset over nothing? I feel like I'm missing out whenever a thread like this pops up. How can I be more miserable in my daily life? Tips?

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
God I hate Happy Friday so fucking much.

Everyone running around in crisis mode because they suddenly realize that they won't be in the office the next two days.

Ugh.

Part of this is also because I used to work at a medium sized law firm for a couple of years helping lawyers deal with computers. Fridays were a barrel of laughs.
Sounds like a you problem.

Stop trying to bring down everyone else's Friday.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When you have to mention 52 times a year how happy you are that you won't have to work, kinda sounds to me like you don't like your job. Why not go the extra mile and say "Happy end of shift" every day? I enjoy free time too but free time is not a rare occurrence.

Yeah, and I'm sure a whole lot of people don't actually like their job all that much, especially in the standard U.S. 9-5 corporate life. That's also not quite a revelation I don't think. It's a way to get money for themselves and nothing more.

Zej

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Get in line behind "Bless You" and compelled "thanks"/"thank you".

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
One of these threads...

Where can I learn to be randomly upset over nothing? I feel like I'm missing out whenever a thread like this pops up. How can I be more miserable in my daily life? Tips?

I have many.

1: Be the silent yet steady type. You'll internalize the little annoyances
2: Find a place were complaining without recourse is accepted and expected
3: Wait to create thread until the latest annoyance pushes you over the top
4: Create thread but be prepared for pushback if it is an unpopular complaint
5: Don't profit.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
People are just trying to share a little light conversation and happiness with you. Everyone in a 9-5 M-F looks forward to their weekend.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
How dare you try to ruin Friday. It is a special day

You wake up.
You go to work.
Traffic.
Boss.
Deadlines.
Traffic going home.

Best days are wake up anytime go to sleep anytime.

Part of what makes me hate it is that everyone knows they are in the M-F 9-5 grind and its like they're just tossing 5-7th of their life away as "guess nothing cool is gonna happen today". Weekdays are local club days, weekdays are gym days, weekdays I see the national football games and bitch about them here. The are days worth living. Don't cheapen them.

iseta

Jun 26, 2018
Jupiter
You sound like you need a happy friday.

Nothing worse than people saying they are happy it's Friday. They aren't happy on other work days?

Most days I'd rather be home. I work 8 to 6 and have classes afterwards, when I get home at 11pm I have about 45 minutes to eat, take a bath and hopefully have some time for myself so how do you expect me to have fun on a weekday. Jesus.

Having fun on weekdays is a 1st world country thing.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Fuck Fridays, you guys get to enjoy your weekends cause we are busting our asses. But mondays? Monday's are great. Everyone is too busy doing stuff and hating the weekdays, letting us enjoy things on our own.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
In my job almost no one does hard work on Fridays, many people leave an hour or two early, there's fluff "all hands" meetings, and free lunch. And no work the next two days.

So yeah, happy Friday.