• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is fun for you on Friday?

• Nintendo Switch

Votes: 194 11.9%
  • Ball Pit

Votes: 60 3.7%
  • Ice Cream

Votes: 64 3.9%
  • Two days off

Votes: 825 50.6%
  • Being dunked into the ball pit

Votes: 111 6.8%
  • FUN IS DEAD

Votes: 187 11.5%
  • NO MORE FUN EVER

Votes: 190 11.6%

• Total voters

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
This is not a thing they do where i live, but it seems to me like something incredibly meaningless to be mad about.

But then again some people in here have their entire day ruined if someone dares to tell them "bless you" after a sneeze.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
nZLFarX.gif
Perfect

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I'll be damned. I had no idea what she was doing seven years later, but she seems to be doing fine, putting out albums and playing guitar on YouTube and stuff.

Dunkin Donuts did a promotion for their new "donut fries a couple months ago and got her to sing "Fry-Day".

I'll admit that when people used to put this on at work, I chuckled.

I can't even broach the subject of the abomination that is "TGIF" without twitching a little tho.

Oct 26, 2017
While we're at why not stop with the "Good morning" or "Have a nice day/weekend" just grunt at me at the beginning and end of each day/conversation.

Have a blessed Friday, OP :P

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I've become exceedingly tired of grown ass adults using the term "Sunday Funday" to excuse the fact that they want to get wasted on a Sunday and then complain when some people - you know, those of us that have to work the next day - aren't all into that mess.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
Thank God it's Friday.

There is absolutely nothing wrong we being excited that it's the end of the work week.

You're in the wrong here, OP.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I've become exceedingly tired of grown ass adults using the term "Sunday Funday" to excuse the fact that they want to get wasted on a Sunday and then complain when some people - you know, those of us that have to work the next day - aren't all into that mess.

Thank you!

My twin bro calls me a "Sunday night evangelist"

Ugh.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There will be ONE happy friday in my life. The last friday I ever work, which when I get home that evening (as an older man), quietly walk past my wife, and my kids who came home to visit and surprising me with a cake for my last day of work, and head into the bedroom. There I will grab my alarm clock by the cord, and drag it out with me to the garage. There I will proceed to scream, smash, blow torch, plyer it into a pool of melted metal and plastic, dotted with pieces of plastic...then I'll go have some of that cake.

That will be some damn good cake.

That will be Happy Friday.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I like my job, but I like the rest of my life more.

Also, I am capable of anticipating future events.

Happy Friday! Sorry to those who are so miserable that other people's harmless happiness somehow irritates them, but Happy Friday isn't going anywhere.

Oct 25, 2017
OP the kinda guy who gets triggered when he hears "god bless"

Just like you say Friday is just a day like any other, "happy Friday/Friyay/tgif"; they're just words. Let people experience happiness over something. If it happens to be the day before the weekend, so be it. Get a grip.

And happy Friday.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Man people find issue with EVERYTHING. Can't you just leave others be and look forward to their weekend by making their miserable workweek just that tiny bit more enjoyable? Nofunallowed.jpg

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Happy fucking Friday. Im so happy its Friday. WOOO HOOOO FRIIIIIDAAAYY!! woop woop!! The only thing that sucks about Friday is that its the farthest day away from being Friday again! Hey Friday, its your weekday. We gona party like its your weekday. GO GO GO GO.. ahhhhh yeaaaaaa.. Friday friday friday!!! Whats everyone doing today!? What are your Friday plans!? I'm just super stoked its Friday.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Happy fucking Friday. Im so happy its Friday. WOOO HOOOO FRIIIIIDAAAYY!! woop woop!! The only thing that sucks about Friday is that its the farthest day away from being Friday again! Hey Friday, its your weekday. We gona party like its your weekday. GO GO GO GO.. ahhhhh yeaaaaaa.. Friday friday friday!!! Whats everyone doing today!? What are your Friday plans!? I'm just super stoked its Friday.

Fiancee and I are taking out a friend for dinner who just broke up from a long term relationship.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
OP the kinda guy who gets triggered when he hears "god bless"

Just like you say Friday is just a day like any other, "happy Friday/Friyay/tgif"; they're just words. Let people experience happiness over something. If it happens to be the day before the weekend, so be it. Get a grip.

And happy Friday.

God bless doesn't trigger.

I don't believe that saying "Happy Friday" makes anyone happy. We know its Friday and we're looking forward to 5pm too, but right now its still the slog.

Man, make a half serious thread and get told to "get a grip".

Era is probably the most serious place on the web.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I've gotten a few IRL chuckles from this thread. :)

JetSetSoul

Oct 28, 2017
It's the start of my work week so mixed feelings but enjoy everyone else's excitement vicariously..

I do enjoy my Tuesday-Thursday more than anyone. I'll start with the Happy Tuesday's if it helps.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Possibly.... Did something bad just happen?

This works best after being told you have a new deadline at the end of the day.
I just always say if before teaching class on Fridays...as in "enjoy sitting here for an hour in a hot classroom learning about how young boys were castrated in the 17th and 18th centuries on the off-chance that they'd become famous opera singers."

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
It's not a pet name, it's short for "I'm happy because it's Friday" or "I hope you have a happy Friday", Oscar the grouch.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
It is the end of the work week for some and the start of the only moments of enjoyment that people get in a week. That is why we celebrate op.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Please.

Just stop.

It isn't a holiday. It isn't a magic day of some kind.

Its Friday. We get 52 of them each year.

While we're at it, we can lose hump day too. Damn Gecico and their brain programming commercials for bringing it back.

Case of the Mondays? Monday isn't a bad day of the week after first 10 minutes and if you want to assert that Monday is worse than Tuesday than you've haven't done an honest assessment of your overall mood on the average Tuesday compared to Monday.

As long as I hate my job, Friday will be happy.

Unless I know I'm doing job stuff over the weekend anyways. Then it's crappy.

jjreamPop

Oct 25, 2017
I like my job.

Love my job actually. I just got promoted.

But you know what's better than the thing I enjoy being able to do but absolutely have to do for five days in a row? Doing what I want to do for two days in a row because of the money I make doing the other thing.

Happy Friyay, OP.