• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is fun for you on Friday?

• Nintendo Switch

Votes: 194 11.9%
  • Ball Pit

Votes: 60 3.7%
  • Ice Cream

Votes: 64 3.9%
  • Two days off

Votes: 825 50.6%
  • Being dunked into the ball pit

Votes: 111 6.8%
  • FUN IS DEAD

Votes: 187 11.5%
  • NO MORE FUN EVER

Votes: 190 11.6%

• Total voters
OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I used to work shift jobs in the hotel industry with rotating days off. It was miserable. I hated hearing people say they got holidays off or people saying have a good weekend since I would have to work.

I work in the government now and I have come to understand Happy Friday and I welcome it.

My friend chief no fun had the same change of heart. He's now known as chief fun required.

Yeah I had the same issue when lifeguarding but I've come around the past 6 months.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Happy Friday! I'm going out for happy hour and going to see Endgame with coworkers today. Should be fun.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
It's that first Friday of the month, which means early morning company wide meeting for me, but then smooth sailing from there.

Also, where is this ball pit, and who's dunking me into it?

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
It really is disturbing how many threads are made and people on this board are so vexed by the merest thought of other people having fun.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I wish you all the greatest of 5th day of the week (or 6th if your calendar starts on Sunday), may it bring you merry

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
On this dreary rainy Friday morning, I want to take the time to say I hate the 'Live.Laugh.Love.' signs and that the gift shop next door has a new display of them.

wJyUr3Z.jpg

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
That Friday feel. Better than Sundays even though Sundays I don't work and Fridays I do. Explain that please or diagnose me.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Morning Everyone,

I'm back. First off, I hope everyone has a good day, fun if they need fun, productive if they need to get things done and peaceful if shit has been crazy lately. In short, Happy Friday and buy your Mom some damn flowers.

Second, oh boy... I have some meta thoughts about Era and they are not super awesome. I'll start with the good; Era is a great news aggregator and has absolutely all the latest on the gaming industry. Some of the hangouts are nice. The bad; in short, reading Era, which I didn't really do, immediately started to bring my mood down. It seems as if this place is populated by a large percentage of cynical misanthropes, who aggressively judge and attack each other over the smallest of differences and misunderstandings CONSTANTLY. Its also the embodiment of the phrase "no news is good news" because almost nothing that is a positive news item is posted and it has the effect of me becoming aware of small, far away events that have no effect on my life and I end up devoting some of my limited attention and mental reserve on thinking about something that I'd never know about and cannot do a thing to change. This is to say NOTHING on the fandom battles/breathless coverage of media properties that expertly extract ALL of the fun out of watching/following them.

In further comment, there is a constant push to immediately judge others as having suspect motivations, dig through post histories and judge by avatar that is incredibly demoralizing to read. Its exhausting.

Finally, if you are not aware, there are subreddits and entire forums/threads whose sole purpose is to "Era watch" in the nastiest and potentially doxing ways. Please be aware of this.

I might stay and I might not. Its 30/70 stay/leave.

EDIT: It says "self requested ban", its just an error, I'm here.

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I wish you nothing but content and satisfication on this the 5th day of the week (or 6th if you are from one of those strange lands where the week begins on Sunday). Gleeful, jubilant, exuberant, prosperous, beatific precursor to the week's end, to you gentle noble posters.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Bump.

Can't discuss meta commentary as a thread topic so might as well here. Not that anyone is reading this thread anymore.....

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
349209-Puppy-Kitty-Happy-Friday-Gif.gif

Morning Everyone,

I'm back. First off, I hope everyone has a good day, fun if they need fun, productive if they need to get things done and peaceful if shit has been crazy lately. In short, Happy Friday and buy your Mom some damn flowers.

Second, oh boy... I have some meta thoughts about Era and they are not super awesome. I'll start with the good; Era is a great news aggregator and has absolutely all the latest on the gaming industry. Some of the hangouts are nice. The bad; in short, reading Era, which I didn't really do, immediately started to bring my mood down. It seems as if this place is populated by a large percentage of cynical misanthropes, who aggressively judge and attack each other over the smallest of differences and misunderstandings CONSTANTLY. Its also the embodiment of the phrase "no news is good news" because almost nothing that is a positive news item is posted and it has the effect of me becoming aware of small, far away events that have no effect on my life and I end up devoting some of my limited attention and mental reserve on thinking about something that I'd never know about and cannot do a thing to change. This is to say NOTHING on the fandom battles/breathless coverage of media properties that expertly extract ALL of the fun out of watching/following them.

In further comment, there is a constant push to immediately judge others as having suspect motivations, dig through post histories and judge by avatar that is incredibly demoralizing to read. Its exhausting.

Finally, if you are not aware, there are subreddits and entire forums/threads whose sole purpose is to "Era watch" in the nastiest and potentially doxing ways. Please be aware of this.

I might stay and I might not. Its 30/70 stay/leave.

EDIT: It says "self requested ban", its just an error, I'm here.

Dang, sorry to hear that this place has got you down. It can get quite argumentative here at times. I'm not sure if I can provide proper support or not because I'm kind of just a roaming, unfunny troll who rarely engages in heated debates. But if it's any consolation, I've always enjoyed your brig/ball pit routine every Friday.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
349209-Puppy-Kitty-Happy-Friday-Gif.gif

Dang, sorry to hear that this place has got you down. It can get quite argumentative here at times. I'm not sure if I can provide proper support or not because I'm kind of just a roaming, unfunny troll who rarely engages in heated debates. But if it's any consolation, I've always enjoyed your brig/ball pit routine every Friday.

This thread eventually became my attempt at humor and lightening the place up. Ultimately a fart in the wind... Only way to stay sane is to troll around and not to engage in debates.

I just got in bed after my Monday. Happy Friday to all you with normal schedules

I lived that highschool and college summers. Fucking Friday-Sat-Sunday 12 hours a day trying to heard children and drunk adults. Whew lads.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
source.gif

sorry to hear this place got you down jkm23, agreed that a lot of the constant news and media coverage is exhausting. still i love you guys and this is why i love this thread

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
source.gif

sorry to hear this place got you down jkm23, agreed that a lot of the constant news and media coverage is exhausting. still i love you guys and this is why i love this thread

Its FRIDAY whats not to love! A thread that comes up only when there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Nah, it's not a fart in the wind. Look at all the beautiful sparkle gifs it's blessed Era with.

Idk where the fuck they keep coming from.... Google? Not sure if I want to know.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
People always say that at work in the morning, and I'm always like "Don't fucking say that to me until its 5pm, and we are walking to our cars in the parking lot to leave!" The shit most definitely isn't happy until then.

Deleted member 25712

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A big work thing I've been getting after is due by the end of the day, and I'll have about a week of fucking off with the more menial tasks of my job as it's reviewed by upper management before I have to make revisions. Happy fucking Friday indeed bitches!!!