• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is fun for you on Friday?

• Nintendo Switch

Votes: 194 11.9%
  • Ball Pit

Votes: 60 3.7%
  • Ice Cream

Votes: 64 3.9%
  • Two days off

Votes: 825 50.6%
  • Being dunked into the ball pit

Votes: 111 6.8%
  • FUN IS DEAD

Votes: 185 11.4%
  • NO MORE FUN EVER

Votes: 190 11.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
GREETINGS FROM CHIEF FUN IS REQUIRED;

I HAVE RETURNED FROM FUN-HAB TO SPREAD THE JOY AND EXPERIENCE OF FUN TO ALL. PLEASE DO NOT RESIST THE FUN. A NINTENDO SWITCH AND A BALL PIT HAVE BEEN INSTALLED. THERE WILL ALSO BE AN ICE CREAM MACHINE LATER ON. ALLOW JOY INTO YOUR HEART!!!!!!! FRIDAY IS A DAY FOR FUN, NOT WORK, SO NO WORK ALLOWED. I HAVE BEEN AUTHORIZED TO DUNK LESS THAN WILLING PARTICIPANTS INTO THE BALL PIT, IF NEEDED.

FAREWELL MESSAGE FROM CHIEF NO FUN:

JOY IS SUCH A FLEETING AND FRAGILE STATE OF BEING. I REALIZE NOW THAT MY DRACONIAN METHODS EMPLOYED TO SUPRESS,ELMINATE AND STEAL THAT WHICH HAS ELUDED ME WERE ULTIMATELY FRUITLESS. YOU CANNOT TRAP JOY IN A BOTTLE, OR SAY A BRIG, AND EXPECT TO UNDERSTAND IT, EXPERIENCE IT, OR KEEP THE FEELING FROM LEAVING YOU. IT MUST BE MADE, REFRESHED A NEW EACH WEEK. FRIDAY BRINGS JOY TO MANY, SO IT WAS THIS DAY, FRIDAY, THAT I FOCUSED ON TRYING TO CAPTURE THIS EMOTION. HOWEVER, NO BRIG CAN TRAP JOY, AND SO TO THAT END I AM OFF TO FUN-HAB. I MUST LEARN TO PRODUCE JOY FROM WITHIN, RANTHER THAN SIPHON IT OFF FROM OTHERS.

CHIEF OUT.

CHIEF NO FUN EDIT:

IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT VARIOUS FUN-LOVERS HAVE DECIDED TO DEFILE THIS THREAD WITH "HAPPY FRIDAYS" and "FRIYAY", BUMPING THIS THREAD LONG PAST IS INTENDED LIFETIME. OFFENDERS WILL BE SENT TO THE BRIG FOR USING EITHER OF THOSE TERMS, USE OF BOTH WILL RESULT IN ONE MILLION YEARS DUNEGON.

BRIG HOURS ARE 8-5. COFFEE WILL BE SERVED, ALTHOUGH ITS PRETTY BAD COFFEE. NO DONUTS OR CRONUTS.

FRIDAYS ARE STILL SHIT AND IF I'M NOT HAVING FUN (I DON'T DO FUN) THEN NO ONE ELSE CAN HAVE FUN.

CHIEF OUT.

Please.

Just stop.

It isn't a holiday. It isn't a magic day of some kind.

Its Friday. We get 52 of them each year.

While we're at it, we can lose hump day too. Damn Gecico and their brain programming commercials for bringing it back.

Case of the Mondays? Monday isn't a bad day of the week after first 10 minutes and if you want to assert that Monday is worse than Tuesday than you've haven't done an honest assessment of your overall mood on the average Tuesday compared to Monday.

Last edited:

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Please.

Just stop.

It isn't a holiday. It isn't a magic day of some kind.

Its Friday. We get 52 of them each year.

While we're at it, we can lose hump day too. Damn Gecico and their brain programming commercials for bringing it back.

Case of the Mondays? Monday isn't a bad day of the week after first 10 minutes and if you want to assert that Monday is worse than Tuesday than you've haven't done an honest assessment of your overall mood on the average Tuesday compared to Monday.

Hey buddy.........................

Happy Friday

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
friday rules, someone always brings in donuts and no one ever tries to get anything done its great

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
nZLFarX.gif

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Haha, I really never heard this phrase until I started my current job.

It's just a innocuous, silly phrase. I'll say it back if someone says it to me. Personally, I always reference Rebecca Black on Fridays :)

Shades

Oct 27, 2017
I try to avoid this, but don't fault others for it

They're just trying to have a pleasant exchange

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Old English Frīgedæg 'day of Frigga,' named after the Germanic goddess Frigga, wife of the supreme god Odin and goddess of married love; translation of late Latin Veneris dies 'day of Venus,' Frigga being equated with the Roman goddess of love, Venus. Compare with Dutch vrijdag and German Freitag.

Goddess of Love

Happy Friday

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I say both Happy Friday! and Happy Monday! to my coworkers.

I am happy and want to spread the joy :)

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I usually say "Happy (day of the week)," not just exclusively Friday.

Is that okay?

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
God I hate Happy Friday so fucking much.

Everyone running around in crisis mode because they suddenly realize that they won't be in the office the next two days.

Ugh.

Part of this is also because I used to work at a medium sized law firm for a couple of years helping lawyers deal with computers. Fridays were a barrel of laughs.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
i thought they were saying happy fry day because today is the day we all go out for fast food and eat fries

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Is this an American thing, or a 9-5 thing? I'm a shift worker from the UK so I don't get any of this.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Old English Frīgedæg 'day of Frigga,' named after the Germanic goddess Frigga, wife of the supreme god Odin and goddess of married love; translation of late Latin Veneris dies 'day of Venus,' Frigga being equated with the Roman goddess of love, Venus. Compare with Dutch vrijdag and German Freitag.

Goddess of Love

Happy Friday
My Frigga.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing worse than people saying they are happy it's Friday. They aren't happy on other work days?