• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is fun for you on Friday?

• Nintendo Switch

Votes: 194 11.9%
  • Ball Pit

Votes: 60 3.7%
  • Ice Cream

Votes: 64 3.9%
  • Two days off

Votes: 825 50.6%
  • Being dunked into the ball pit

Votes: 111 6.8%
  • FUN IS DEAD

Votes: 185 11.4%
  • NO MORE FUN EVER

Votes: 190 11.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
c40.png

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Hey everyone,

Really tragic news overnight, I can't fucking believe it. I wake up and shit has exploded. My thoughts go out to everyone who has suffered, everyone who is going about their day a little more afraid, a little more angry. Mods seem to have done an amazing job from what I've seen of the threads.

So anyway, no chief fun required today but you know, post what you want.

Me? I feel like posting two yt videos I saw for the first time this week. Random, stupid humor.

btw, I looked it up and Mastodon did the intro!

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Hey everyone,

Really tragic news overnight, I can't fucking believe it. I wake up and shit has exploded. My thoughts go out to everyone who has suffered, everyone who is going about their day a little more afraid, a little more angry. Mods seem to have done an amazing job from what I've seen of the threads.

So anyway, no chief fun required today but you know, post what you want.

Me? I feel like posting two yt videos I saw for the first time this week. Random, stupid humor.

btw, I looked it up and Mastodon did the intro!

One of the few remaining drive ins in America is a couple towns over from me and I think I'd this mastodon video everytime the hotdog starts doing tricks or the popcorn starts doing gymnastics.
Happy Friday.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Well.... Good news today for MCU and Disney fans. Gunn is back!

Not interesting in shitting up either thread on Disney but as this is my thread of weekly shame, I'll shit this one up.

I have a strong dislike of Disney. No, not over the New Star wars, which is fine. Over the cancelling of the old EU, that bothered me in the past. Not anymore.

No, its that Disney is fucking enormous and its got an entire host of corporate water carries in Era over the MCU. We get it, Infinity gave you goose bumps. Lets cheer on the consolidation of the movie industry and baselessly assert that "Comcast would have been worse". We'll see about that.

Also, I never watched either Guardian of the Galaxy movie twice and the second one had me eye rolling hard at the kitsch at the end. Yondu was a villain, (I never read the comics, despite my years of ready graphic novels extensively, I don't read a lot of cape stuff) and now he's the 'daddy'? I didn't care if we got guardian 3 or not. Plenty of hypocrisy over the twitter issue with Gunn too.

Whatever. Long story short, people want their comic book movies, people want their amazon prime, people want their epic games exclusives on launch and fast fashion is bigger than ever.

What a shallow, greedy and short sighted lot we all are. Corporate boot-licking all over this place.

Myself being the greatest example, just look at this thread.

/rant. (also, don't @ me on this, just frustration over corporate love on era, not really looking for a discussion, I don't need to engage MCUEra again and earn another ban. Also, you're goddamn right Chief Fun Required ain't here today. It isn't that kind of day on Era)

Last edited:

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
It is Friday, I'm gonna Be The Ninja later today also I am taking next week off of work and also going to pax and that feels interesting

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
It's Friyay! Happpppppppyyyyyýyy FRRRRRRIIIIIIIDAYYY Era!
FRIDAY!!!!

Maybe I'll play some Sekiro if I get around to it.
It is Friday, I'm gonna Be The Ninja later today also I am taking next week off of work and also going to pax and that feels interesting

May the blessings of Friday touch you all and to all a Happy Friday.

(Its too bad that good Friday will always mean = guy dying in my mind)

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
What I had playing on my car as I got in this morning......

I'd suggest it to anyone. Will wake you up!

A Friday awake is a Friday you won't forsake!

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Avenged Sevenfold doesn't suck.

That's what you should all remember this Friday.

That's right, since this thread keeps getting bumped, not by I chief fun, I take it that you all have given this thread your blessing.

I shall commence with the musical soapbox.

If you cared that they wore mascara in like 2006 then you suck.

M. Shadows is one of the great metal vocalists of the past 20 years, idc what you think.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Avenged Sevenfold doesn't suck.

That's what you should all remember this Friday.

That's right, since this thread keeps getting bumped, not by I chief fun, I take it that you all have given this thread your blessing.

I shall commence with the musical soapbox.

If you cared that they wore mascara in like 2006 then you suck.

M. Shadows is one of the great metal vocalists of the past 20 years, idc what you think.

Booooo this post! We need a mod to mod-abuse this post and link to some other album!