• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First we have Joker, the protagonist of Persona 5, a game which has horrible homophobic stereotypes of gay men that repeatedly try to sexually assault a high schooler. This is nothing new for the Persona series either. Persona 3 includes an incredibly transphobic scene while one of your party members in 4 is rampantly homophobic.

Here is one of the homophobic scenes from Persona 5.

Then we come to today's announcement of the Dragon Quest hero. Koichi Sugiyama is, to put it bluntly, a huge piece of shit.I could go into his war crime denial, however this thread is about homophobia so let's focus on that. He believes LGBT people should be discriminated against and has even laughed about the suicide rates of LGBT people live on television. And of all the times to announce this character they pick fucking pride month.

kotaku.com

Politician Made Anti-LGBTQ Comments On Dragon Quest Composer's TV Show

Japanese politician Mio Sugita has made international news due to her anti-LGBTQ comments on a television show. The program is co-hosted by Koichi Sugiyama, who composes music for the Dragon Quest games.

Needless to say I am seriously regretting my purchase of the season pass. I definitely won't be doing so for any future Smash games.

reminio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lincoln, UK
User Banned (Permanent): Hostility and inflammatory drive by posting, previous severe infraction for similar behavior
Oh fuck off

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what?

We know Sugiyama is a trash human but hes only part of DQ.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
That's the only thing hampering my enjoyment for Joker & my excitement for Luminary/Erdrick/etc..

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Kaz "Mother Base for the Master Race" Miller confirmed for 4th character?

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Hostility towards another member over concerns surrounding homophobia; account still in junior phase
smooth brain thread

Chewie

Nov 29, 2017
Hungary
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory drive-by
Some of you really need to stop being this negative all the time and step outside the boundaries of the Internet.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
But DQ11 is otherwise an extremely queer positive game...
Sylvando's entire storyline is a story of acceptance and reconciliation, and he's easily the strongest, more selfless and heroic hero of the group.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lionel_richie_young.jpg

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I'm sure that's exactly why they chose those characters. /s

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling this thread is going to be locked, but I do think that you're looking too much into this.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
User Banned (1 Week): Hostility and dismissing concerns surrounding homophobia
What a fucking stupid thread.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
all consoles sell thq nordic games, no?

no giant conglomerate on this earth is free of blame for endorsing harmful shit somehow

I get why this angers you OP, yet it's still what it is, it's up to you what you'll do about that.

Protodude

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Hostility towards another member over concerns surrounding homophobia; account still in junior phase
Shut up.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some of you really need to stop being this negative all the time and step outside the boundaries of the Internet.

Queer people don't really get to turn off being queer. You can be okay with these characters getting in Smash (I like Persona and DQ myself in spite of all this shit), but that doesn't give anybody an excuse to diminish the feelings people have on these issues.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Persona certainly has those shitty moments and themes and the Dragon Quest guy yeah but this is quite a stretch.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (3 days): inflammatory drive-by
Can we just enjoy a game these days?

I won't downplay legitimate issues that exist, but holy shit it seems like some people really sit in the wings and wait for an excuse to attack. I'm not saying OP is doing that, but the speed at which you see threads like this pop up is nuts.

Alfie

Oct 26, 2017
JonTron is in Yooka-Laylee. Yooka-Laylee is a spiritual successor to Banjo so bump that up to 60%
6b0.jpg

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Hostility towards another member over concerns surrounding homophobia
This makes me wonder if you're a troll account trying to parody people who genuinely care so that you can go to 4chan and make fun of ResetEra.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
technically that would be 66,6666667%, 3 characters are known so those 3 are the full 100%

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Expect a lot of handwaves and "fuck offs" cause it's Smash Bros OP
Edit:Oh, we already have one

Status
Not open for further replies.