• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
"Can we talk about how 100% of the Dragon Quest series is linked to homophobia?"

Well I guess I'll stop buying DQ games now. /s

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Let's disregard an entire series and development teams over one dude. Why not.

Big Hoops

Alt account
Banned
May 6, 2019
Illuminating. Won't be supporting this filth. Gay icon Peach is already in the base game anyway.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Japan's got a lot of homophobic old people. So does my country, I'm sure, just that social pressures to not be publicly homophobic are probably stronger here.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Dismissive drive-by posting, history of similar infractions.
Jesus Christ folks.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Ah-ha, because some of the DLC character developers may have inserted some questionable material into their games that must mean the Smash Bros creators are totally homophobic too.

/s

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
By that logic PLaystation is linked to Homophobia because they have P5, and every platform with Dragon Quest is linked with Homophobia too?

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
JonTron is in Yooka-Laylee. Yooka-Laylee is a spiritual successor to Banjo so bump that up to 60%
6b0.jpg
This.

Monolith

Oct 25, 2017
Why did this Sugiyama stuff surface only now? It's been known in Japan for years. Why is it only suddenly relevant when DQ is in the spotlight?

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
Or just go to literally any other Persona or DQ thread on this forum and talk about it there because all of them just eventually turn into this...

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
So when determining the percentage of homophobia in media do we calculate it using multiplicative or additive?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's worth looking at homophobia in general, and Smash bros. is a who's who of video game characters. However, I really doubt these characters were picked to support an agenda.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling and dismissing concerns surrounding bigotry
Banjo is the worst of them all. A bear that uses and manhandles his companion female bird. Homophobia, mysoginy, domestic violence and animal abuse all in one.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Oh please

There are shitty people involved in those games but im sure they didn't pick those characters for THAT reason.

im all for picking on Atlus for their shitty scenes but this is getting silly

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I am LGBT and I fundamentally disagree but I've been accused of being one of those respectability politics people...It's a stretch to blame Smash for individuals within other companies.

Star Falcon

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Hostility and inflammatory drive by posting, account still in junior phase
Political Correctness gone mad... stop being a keyboard crusader and just enjoy video games....

joedick

Mar 19, 2018

You don't have to agree, but maybe offer a bit more than this? I'm a huge Nintendo fan but I'm not going to blindly walk off a cliff for them or defend them because somebody else feels slighted.

No need to freak out because somebody isn't happy with your favorite corporate earner. I may not agree with OP but no need to dismiss out of hand.

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
Things in society sometimes involve homophobia, yes. As a consequence, many things in society have direct or indirect connections to things that are homophobic.

Status
Not open for further replies.