• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not to sell it to a new audience, it's to remind people that it's available now. People who might have forgotten the release date.

Besides contextless stylish violence isn't gonna do shit for regular people. And that's what you're getting with DMC.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
InfatuatedUnrealisticEstuarinecrocodile.webp

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
1) There's nothing wrong with it. It's fine

2) Wouldn't it be a Capcom ad? Why is it Microsoft's?

I didn't think that under these 3rd party marketing deals it was the manufacturer that made the ad?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
It's an amazing ad, what are you talking about, OP?

Deleted member 35011

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Man I love the commercial though. It really speaks about the endearing tone of the series to me, it's like "how about some FUCKING CHEESE OUT OF NOWHERE BROSKI"

The ad tells me to expect cheesy bullshit with action gameplay, which is what would attract me to a game like DMC5.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Hadn't seen it before but it was entertaining. Also I don't think it's a MS ad, as in I don't think MS had much if anything to do with its creation.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Never seen the ad before that's pretty awesome.

Somewhat reminds me of the Halo Wars 2 ads with Atriox selling cars.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
It's like a video game ad straight out of the 90s to be honest, which is not a compliment. Not showing anything from the actual game is embarrassing.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Haha, that's an awesome ad! I love it, best one I've seen in a long time. And if it's got everyone talking about it, it's definitely doing its job.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
This thread was worth it just for me to discover this fucking amazing commercial, thanks OP.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
if i'm not mistaken, they have marketing rights for the game, same way sony has for tons of games.

I didn't think marketing rights meant the manufacturer/publisher took care of all marketing.

Would be surprised if that's the case. I'd wager "marketing rights" is basically just putting the Xbox/PS logo at the end of an ad or on the poster. Why would Microsoft want to foot the bill for marketing a third party game AND pay for the rights to do it?

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't think marketing rights meant the manufacturer/publisher took care of all marketing.

Would be surprised if that's the case. I'd wager "marketing rights" is basically just putting the Xbox/PS logo at the end of an ad or on the poster. Why would Microsoft want to foot the bill for marketing a third party game AND pay for the rights to do it?
Because Microsoft paid to have their branding surround the game? Much like the do for Battlefield and Sony does for CoD or Destiny.
ok seems like i don't know what marketing rights mean šŸ˜¶

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
For what it's worth OP I didn't like it either but I can't put my finger on why.

I have no problem liking goofy Japanese commercial but this one just isn't the same