• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I don't watch TV so this was my first time seeing it lulz

I mean yeah this is gonna be memorable

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stop watching this amazing ad. I just started sending the link to a bunch of people I know (so it is doing its job with me, at least). This is an ATG ad.

Oct 28, 2017
Mike Diva is fucking rad and I love seeing his beautiful absurdist stamp on real TV. Y'all not understanding how this commercial represents the incredible over-the-top cheesy ridiculous action vibe that DMC5 is about baffles me.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
why would capcom make an ad and then put the xbox and MS logo at the beginning and the end?
Because it's their game? Here's a quote from Mike Diva of Lord Danger, who put together the ad
"As a fan of the DMC series, I wanted to create something that really captures the franchise's over-the-top style," Diva says. "We were thrilled when Capcom basically said 'go for it,' and let us go nuts."

Also this is at the end of the article
Client: CAPCOM
Project: Devil May Cry 5

https://www.awn.com/news/watch-lord-danger-delivers-new-trailer-capcoms-devil-may-cry-5

Last edited:

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I would change with this ad is to show an extra 5-7 seconds of the actual game at the end. Despite missing that, it's still pretty great.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Mike Diva is fucking rad and I love seeing his beautiful absurdist stamp on real TV. Y'all not understanding how this commercial represents the incredible over-the-top cheesy ridiculous action vibe that DMC5 is about baffles me.

To be fair, it seems like only a few people didn't appreciate the ad; it may be more appropriate to refer to them as "y'few".

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I'd complain less about it if clips from the actual game were in it like that Japanese DMC1 ad.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Jesus, it's Devil May Cry PART FIVE

Won't somebody please think of the "Average consumer"!!!

It's 2019. The average consumer knows what an Xbox and video games are. Like most mainstream products, every single ad doesn't need to be spelled out.

staedtler

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably the greatest ad ever created and will honestly be compared to the Mona Lisa of advertisements.
Sorry op you're wrong.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Watching it a second time again and my feelings haven't changed, it feels weird and I don't like it.

And I like stuff like this-

So I don't know what's going on.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Hm,it seems quite good imo. It sparks the interest,although it's not super informative. But that's what an ad should do

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I thought that ad was kind of funny, it shows the over-the-top craziness that is DMC V pretty well. And it got our attention, which is sometimes all a TV spot can do.
I dunno, I kinda like it. It's endearingly dumb.
That ad is fantastic lol.
It's so dumb that it's good.

Yup

The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
OP os wrong the ad is great. MS usually does good ads. I still love the "Warranties are for suckers" halo wars ad.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This add is fantastic I don't know what you're on about.

Who cares if it doesn't show gameplay? It's entertaining and catches your attention. If people want to know more then that's why we have YouTube.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
I like it, reminds me of old game commercials. Reminds me of the commercial Revengeance back when it came out. Also these days you can literally find out what something is in an instant with your computer or smartphone.