• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jul 26, 2018
Seen it on TV a couple of times now... It's a couple of people getting through their day in different ways and then they bust out Nero, Dante and V's weapons to complete their task... No gameplay, no real idea of what the game is at all about for the average consumer... Proper Devil May Cry has been put of the spotlight for 11 years you'd think they wouldn't be so subtle with the marketing push... The ad is horrendous.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
It's cool though.

Also you probably should have linked it in the OP

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
It got you to make a thread about the game on Resetera.

It did it's job damn well apparently. A bad ad is one you forget.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I thought that ad was kind of funny, it shows the over-the-top craziness that is DMC V pretty well. And it got our attention, which is sometimes all a TV spot can do.

PurelyChris

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I'd never heard of or seen the ad before reading this. Seems like marketing money being well spent if it's spreading conversation about the game...

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Imagine not liking a dumb ad totally in line with Devil May Cry style lol

LogN-

Oct 30, 2017
The ad did it's purpose, you just shared it with thousands of people, who might in turn share it with more.

Also, it's dumb fun and a little cringey. Meaning it's perfectly done. :)

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
LMAO that was hella dumb.
Well, it will probably get the attention of a casual consumer because of how over the top it is.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for this thread. I just watched the ad and I love it. It's hilarious. It's funny, cool and goofy at same time exactly what DMC is about.

Last edited:

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Xbox TV ads are not really a thing in Europe, reading the title i had no idea what you were talking about.

Deleted member 1074

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its a pretty bad ad I saw it the other day while watching a basketball game. and I was like wow thats a really bad ad. doesnt really affect me since I planned on buying this game since e3.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You just described the DMC series, the commercial fits perfectly.

giphy.gif

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
LoathsomeAnxiousAquaticleech.webp

I don't know about everyone else but any add where someone prepares a salad by shooting the veggies to pieces is good in my book.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Actually love this commercial. Its what got me interested in DMCV.

I work in advertising, and I think its a great commercial as its such a complete change of pace over the typical commercials / video games commercials.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Huh ? It's peak 2000's DMC Cheese. Everyone loves it and Mike Diva is hilarious.

Oct 25, 2017
Seen it on TV a couple of times now... It's a couple of people getting through their day in different ways and then they bust out Nero, Dante and V's weapons to complete their task... No gameplay, no real idea of what the game is at all about for the average consumer... Proper Devil May Cry has been put of the spotlight for 11 years you'd think they wouldn't be so subtle with the marketing push... The ad is horrendous.
Lol if you think the best way for a TV ad to show a videogame is to show heaps of gameplay/plot summary.

The ad is perfect, it conveys the idea of the game clearly- do insane dope shit with crazy weapons.

It's also a shoutout to a dmc1 commercial from japan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56fb22Hq95U

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

They've been going with this theme for their commercials for a while now. It's fine.