Feb 1, 2018
Texas
This is some crazy shit.

Is there a coordinated era spot we can focus on?

For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a giant pixel collage where everyone with a Reddit account can add a single pixel every five minutes. There's entire communities (discord/Reddit/4chan/famous streamer chats/etc) all battling it out to create images. There's literally millions of people (and bots, unfortunately) all participating.

Edit: It's over now.

July 20th, 2023 edit: Starting back up.

Last edited:

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I'm very, very bad with population comparisons but I just don't see Era making it in r/Place at this point. Maybe I'm wrong but even big subreddits have been absorbed.

What r/place is.
OP
OP
Orange Piccolo
Feb 1, 2018
Texas

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Basically, it's a giant canvas where each Reddit member can lay a single tile within a certain time period. It's leading to massive works of pixel art that's taking the coordinated effort of 100's of thousands of people to make work.
Ah, that's pretty cool but yeah given there's not a 1:1 correlation with resetera users and having reddit accounts, might be tough to get something going.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I feel it is very bold to make a "can we talk about X" thread that does not actually explain what X is in any way

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I added a thread mark. Sorry, I just assumed most knew what it was since it's massive on Reddit currently.

No big thing. Although I would always advise talking about what something is in any OP. I don't do much on Reddit so I never would have had any idea. Just a good rule of thumb.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fascinating how different communities go to war and other get together to leave a mark. That being said I would be surprised if Era can get a piece this far along and without any organization.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
It's been pretty cool watching it develop, I've contributed with a few pixels here and there too.

It's really funny how mad 4chan is about the trans flag, they're legit organizing discords to sabotage the trans flag and they still can't beat it.

Oct 29, 2017
Nationalism is the easiest thing to get the most amount of people to agree upon and work towards quickly.

When it gets less eyes and attention and thus sabotage, I'm sure some groups will pull off cool things

Yeah. National communities and subreddits are huge on Reddit and they organize quickly.

Also flags are like the most visible things. There are tons of awesome stuff already up.

I dislike the giant flags for no reason, but I love that most National subreddits are adding all sorts of fun stuff there.

And Canada is hilarious, I try to help them as much as I can.

It's great fun and it looks cool as hell.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Wow there is a fight between people trying to remove/keep the **** on the giant crewmate

Like i see 5 pixels change per second even with the 5-minute cooldown

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I am so shocked and happy that somehow the Tintin fandom is large enough to get Tintin and Snowy on there.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
sfng4qcua6r81.jpg

This is kinda neat.

(I hope it's not a terrible person)

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What's funny is that the giant Osu logo was the very first thing to pop up and it's somehow still standing ~48 hours later. The Osu community is insanely committed and has people working 24/7 to keep it up.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
The trans pride flag is smaller than it was yesterday (but bigger than it was this morning), but the Neopets and Furry_IRL banners are still going strong.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
This was a crazy cool experiment the first time. Cool to see how organized folks are this time around.

Aminga

Oct 27, 2017
I love it. I had the same thought about reset on it but I just don't think we have the numbers😞