• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, even if their reasoning around this "super straight" concept made sense (and it doesn't), it wouldn't magically cancel the fact that they are transphobic for other reasons.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
It likely did start "innocently" with this transphobic idiot in that video and then terfs and 4chan jumped on it too. On twitter I saw a lot of people calling themself supergays and superlesbians. I think for a lot of transphobes this is just an opportunity to radicalize a lot of young folks and to openly voice their bigotry. In a sense this was bound to happen as society as a whole is strongly transphobic.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely exhausted after arguing with TERFs on Twitter about this for 2 days straight. I absolutely salute you folks on here who are trans. I am in the privileged position to be able to step back from this BS when it gets too much cos I'm cishet white dude from Scotland. Let it be known there are loads of us out there who will continue to stand up for your rights against these ignorant fucks.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I saw this trending on Japanese twitter the other day. Just saw a bunch of Japanese posts telling people using the hashtag unironically to fuck themselves. One told them to go die in a fire. It was cool. Probably the most progressive I'd seen J twitter in a while (and it was surely a vocal minority, sadly).

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 month): excusing transphobia
Put it this way. You're at a bar, club, social event, etc - and you find someone attractive and/or hit it off with someone. For all intents and purposes, you find this person attractive and/or like them. They disclose to you that they're trans, and now you no longer want to pursue them. You still found this person attractive and/or liked them, but the fact that they're trans - and solely the fact that they're trans - invalidates them in your mind. What would you call that?
Having a sexual preference. Some folks have preferences for the way they want to have sex and the sexual organs play a big role in that. Finding someone attractive but not wanting to have sex with them because they have a penis is not transphobic.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't it make more sense for super straight people to literally not care? What I would imagine someone who calls themselves "super straight" would be like is that they are always attracted to the "other gender" (to use a very simplified term) no matter what.

Anyway, fuck these people.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't it make more sense for super straight people to literally not care? What I would imagine someone who calls themselves "super straight" would be like is that they are always attracted to the "other gender" (to use a very simplified term) no matter what.
It's a victim thing. They want to feel like the victim cos someone called them transphobic for saying they wouldn't date a trans person.

thethickofit

Feb 1, 2018
Having a sexual preference. Some folks have preferences for the way they want to have sex and the sexual organs play a big role in that. Finding someone attractive but not wanting to have sex with them because they have a penis is not transphobic.
Yes, we trans people all know cishets are boring and lack any sense of imagination. Imagine thinking "sex" just consists of putting organs in holes 😂

Where I do sympathize a bit (though I'm proudly pansexual so don't personally experience a lack of attraction) is hormones. Not organs, hormones. I've had sex with lots of people of many genders and sex characteristics, and testosterone-dominant and estrogen-dominant bodies really feel quite different. I think it's much more understandable for a cishet guy to not be into trans women that aren't on HRT.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing innocent here. It's pathetic and it is 100% transphobic. Essentially what is happening here is they're mocking the LGBTQIA+ community for what they presume to be pride-centric content. They hate that they have a positive platform and want to silence it.

These SS people are the same people that the Trans community warn people about. All of the content I've seen on Tiktok in relation to this is incredibly aggressive. Can't tell me they aren't at best TERFs and at worse potential predators. That "SS" abbreviation isn't an accident either.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, we trans people all know cishets are boring and lack any sense of imagination. Imagine thinking "sex" just consists of putting organs in holes 😂

Where I do sympathize a bit (though I'm proudly pansexual so don't personally experience a lack of attraction) is hormones. Not organs, hormones. I've had sex with lots of people of many genders and sex characteristics, and testosterone-dominant and estrogen-dominant bodies really feel quite different. I think it's much more understandable for a cishet guy to not be into trans women that aren't on HRT.
But sex organs are a massive part of sex. Also a lot of the time when people date it is to find a mate who you want to have kids with. I really don't think it is transphobic to not be attracted to someone because they have a penis.

OP
OP
iareharSon

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017

Yikes.

First of all, being trans isn't exclusive to male to female transitions. Secondly, it shouldn't really matter, but not all trans people have the genitals they were born with?

crazy monkey

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I am not upto speed on to this. To be attracted to opposite gender is just straight right ? Why does super needs to be added?

thethickofit

Feb 1, 2018
But sex organs are a massive part of sex.
Yes, I understand cishet people think this way. But that is simply an unimaginative way of thinking about sex -- if you actually center the enjoyment of one's body, you quickly realize that you and your partner(s) can have a fantastic time without any penetration involved.

Also a lot of the time when people date it is to find a mate who you want to have kids with. I really don't think it is transphobic to not be attracted to someone because they have a penis.
A cis man rejecting a cis woman because she can't have kids is also very shitty, I believe.

edit: to be clear anyone is entitled to date whoever they want, and categorically exclude whoever they want. However if they publicly talk about it, then criticism is fair game.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
fFkwDEX.png

Welp, guess he isn't doing well.

thanks for showing us he has a gofundme without linking to it, good way to let us know what he's doing without boosting it

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
But sex organs are a massive part of sex. Also a lot of the time when people date it is to find a mate who you want to have kids with. I really don't think it is transphobic to not be attracted to someone because they have a penis.

this is basically assuming something about all trans women that isn't necessarily true.

crazy monkey

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Yes, I understand cishet people think this way. But that is simply an unimaginative way of thinking about sex -- if you actually center the enjoyment of one's body, you quickly realize that you and your partner(s) can have a fantastic time without any penetration involved.

A cis man rejecting a cis woman because she can't have kids is also very shitty, I believe.

edit: to be clear anyone is entitled to date whoever they want, and categorically exclude whoever they want. However if they publicly talk about it, then criticism is fair game.

I do not think you can say what people should enjoy or not. They can enjoy what ever the hack they want and how ever they want it.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes.

First of all, being trans isn't exclusive to male to female transitions. Secondly, it shouldn't really matter, but not all trans people have the genitals they were born with?
I realise that. I was honestly speaking from my own point of view. I would definitely not consider myself transphobic and I have been given dogs abuse on Twitter for standing up for trans rights. I still wouldn't date a girl with a penis.

Absolutely agree. Maybe your right and it's me being prudish but I don't think that makes me transphobic.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Can I just say for a moment that this seems like a good thing? Like obviously, it's incredibly fucking transphobic and gross that it's a thing, but I know that some of my transgender friends have been incredibly worried about violence based on the area that we live in and so seeing someone putting "super straight" or whatever in their bio or even just saying that is a great thing for them as it means that they can just nope the fuck out without issues. Also just great because I can just block anyone who has that in their bio and know to stay away from them in general too.

It's good in the fact that it's great that this is a calling sign that exists that someone is a huge fucking bigot. Like MAGA hats being a sign that a person is a bigot in at least one way shape or form.

No, that's pretty transphobic and the fact that you say that specifically kind of trans person is pretty telling. There's more to sex than just genitalia, and not wanting to sleep with a trans person no matter how masculine/feminine they are based on genitalia is transphobic. Also the fact that genitalia is so quickly brought up in this topic is also just not really that appropriate.

I am not upto speed on to this. To be attracted to opposite gender is just straight right ? Why does super needs to be added?

You are correct, being attracted to the opposite gender is just being straight/heterosexual. The "super straight" part is just transphobes calling their transphobia and not being attracted to trans people of the gender they are attracted to a sexuality instead of just admitting they're bigots

crazy monkey

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
User Banned (3 months): excusing transphobia, prior ban for misgendering
I realise that. I was honestly speaking from my own point of view. I would definitely not consider myself transphobic and I have been given dogs abuse on Twitter for standing up for trans rights. I still wouldn't date a girl with a penis.

Absolutely agree. Maybe your right and it's me being prudish but I don't think that makes me transphobic.
No body should be able to tell you what you like or not. you should not be forced to like something.

Oct 27, 2017

I think it's perfectly fair to want to have kids, and to have that as part of your selection process/bias in a partner. I don't, but it's okay. I think it's also fair to be attracted to certain body parts (or be unattracted to others). Just because you think it's "boring," that doesn't make it wrong. You sound just like people who look down on monogamous relationships, saying they are boring and restrictive. It's not discriminatory to say that you like penises, or don't, or like vaginas, or don't, etc, and it's fine to not want to date someone because they don't have something (or have something) you want/don't want.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah, I don't agree with the statement that not being sexually attracted to someone who is trans or wanting a mate to have biological children with is expressly transphobic. Call it "unimaginative" if you want, but if we're gonna say that sexual preference is innate and not chosen, then that's an inevitability. Now ENFORCING others to conform to that preference, yeah I'd agree that's the line, but presuming there's informed consent from the parties involved noone should get to dictate someone else's choice in partner, in either the negative or the affirmative.

All this being said, the dude talked about in the OP is clearly doing so to get a rise out of people in a disingenuous and connotative way.

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 month): excusing transphobia
I think it's perfectly fair to want to have kids, and to have that as part of your selection process/bias in a partner. I don't, but it's okay. I think it's also fair to be attracted to certain body parts (or be unattracted to others). Just because you think it's "boring," that doesn't make it wrong. You sound just like people who look down on monogamous relationships, saying they are boring and restrictive. It's not discriminatory to say that you like penises, or don't, or like vaginas, or don't, etc, and it's fine to not want to date someone because they don't have something (or have something) you want/don't want.
I find it exceptionally odd that this type of thought is being called out as bigoted.

Mod Edit: User submitted a ticket with an apology " I apologize and accept that my commentary was hurtful to members of our community."

Last edited by a moderator:

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
this is basically assuming something about all trans women that isn't necessarily true.
I didn't think it was
Can I just say for a moment that this seems like a good thing? Like obviously, it's incredibly fucking transphobic and gross that it's a thing, but I know that some of my transgender friends have been incredibly worried about violence based on the area that we live in and so seeing someone putting "super straight" or whatever in their bio or even just saying that is a great thing for them as it means that they can just nope the fuck out without issues. Also just great because I can just block anyone who has that in their bio and know to stay away from them in general too.

It's good in the fact that it's great that this is a calling sign that exists that someone is a huge fucking bigot. Like MAGA hats being a sign that a person is a bigot in at least one way shape or form.

No, that's pretty transphobic and the fact that you say that specifically kind of trans person is pretty telling. There's more to sex than just genitalia, and not wanting to sleep with a trans person no matter how masculine/feminine they are based on genitalia is transphobic. Also the fact that genitalia is so quickly brought up in this topic is also just not really that appropriate.

You are correct, being attracted to the opposite gender is just being straight/heterosexual. The "super straight" part is just transphobes calling their transphobia and not being attracted to trans people of the gender they are attracted to a sexuality instead of just admitting they're bigots
I'm only saying about that kind of trans woman both in response to the poster and because I'm cishet male. Also the only reason I brought up genitalia is because sex is a huge part of a relationship and for me genitalia is a huge part of sex. I love trans people, I think the amount of shit you have to put up with every day makes you resilient, incredible people. I'd never consider myself to be transphobic.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't agree with the statement that not being sexually attracted to someone who is trans or wanting a mate to have biological children with is expressly transphobic. Call it "unimaginative" if you want, but if we're gonna say that sexual preference is innate and not chosen, then that's an inevitability. Now ENFORCING others to conform to that preference, yeah I'd agree that's the line, but presuming there's informed consent from the parties involved noone should get to dictate someone else's choice in partner, in either the negative or the affirmative.

All this being said, the dude talked about in the OP is clearly doing so to get a rise out of people in a disingenuous and connotative way.
The whole superstraight thing is mega transphobic, I couldn't agree more.

thethickofit

Feb 1, 2018
Of course you can do whatever you want. It is specifically making a public spectacle out of it that I have a problem with.

I don't have a problem with monogamous people, but I do think the public spectacle of it--the cultural expectations of monogamy and the structures that feed into them--is very shitty.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
It originated from 4chan

reddit.com: over 18?

Reddit gives you the best of the internet in one place. Get a constantly updating feed of breaking news, fun stories, pics, memes, and videos just for you. Passionate about something niche? Reddit has thousands of vibrant communities with people that share your interests. Alternatively, find out...
Of course it did. Fuck the guy that started this BS.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Still going through reports, but there's no real value in signal boosting a bunch of bigotry so we'll be keeping the thread locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.