• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
My console backlog? Yeah, I surely can!

Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Gravity Rush 2
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Collection

Most of those are very long games, but I sure as hell can finish them all next year.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Yes, I'm on target to. I still have a few SNES, Wii, GameCube, and Wii U games to finish that have been added to the backlog in the past 2 years, but my list/scheduling of what games I play has helped a ton!

So yeah, by 2021, it should be almost all new games.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Clear as in finish? No way. 800+ on PS4, and about 500+ on Xbox, not even counting Steam. That's just a lost cause.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
If I didn't buy any games from now until then, sure. But that's of course not going to happen :p

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I try, I can, but why should I? Each year the number of interesting new releases is much lower than the number of games I beat. If I go through my backlog too quick, I'd be out of games to play one day.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Not a chance. Not with how busy life becomes after 25+ years of age. Maybe if I fell into millions of dollars next year.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so. I have it spread across at least 6 or 7 consoles now. A lot of that could be taken care of through BC. I should at least be able to get my PS4 backlog done by then.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Yeah I bet I could and it's pretty dumb of me not to prioritize it. The console backlog consists of about 75 games while the PC backlog is at 220 at the moment. Since I have managed to beat 156 games this year, I could probably beat the console backlog before even the start of 2020.

Would be nice to have no console backlog. Hm.

Doorakz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could I? Yes... will I? Probably not. Too many 70+ hour games to get through and that's not counting all the games coming out over the next two years.

I have a hard enough time completing all the games I buy on Black Friday alone. I usually only buy 5-8 games on BF. Adult life with kids sucks up a lot of free time.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Highly doubt it. Have a ton of PS4 games I need to work through. Couple that with lots of work in University, I'll probably only finish a few games, if I'm lucky.

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
I could clear my switch backlog, it's only about 20 games and some of them are indies, any other system though I have no chance.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Not a chance, even if I stopped trophy hunting and buying new games.. Even if I turned into a lifeless piece of shit above all that, I wouldn't be able to cleen it up before that point

But who cares, really.. When it come to PC games we can always just go back to them as long as we have PC

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
No, I doubt I can clear my backlog in 10 years even.

I've bought more games than I've finished this year alone. And I've finished quite the number of games.

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
If you count both my Steam library and my PS4 library, I'd say I'd be done somewhere around the time the PS6 arrives. I've got more games than I ever will play. Curse you Steam and PSN Flash sales!

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Easily. All my backlog ever is... is replays.

The only new games I purchased the last few years that I was unable to finish were Ni No Kuni 2 and AC Odyssey out of all the games this year.

I will restart them sometime in 2019. Other than that. GoW, FFs, Spider Man, Horizon, RDR2, shooters, I always finish them near launch.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
No, but looking at next year it seems that there will be less games I will be interested in. This will probably help me catch up a little bit on some games.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
My backlog of games I want to actually play, its possible. Some of them though are 30+ hour games.
Problem I'm facing right now is I'm going to become a dad in July, so I kinda have to hurry and get these done ASAP if I want to finish by then.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If I didn't purchase another game for the next 10 years I wouldn't be able to finish off my backlog.

Oct 25, 2017
I finished like 30 games from my backlog this year.

I'd need to keep this up for like 10 years to finish lol.

I do have a shorter "I really want to play these games no matter what" list which was like 20 games, so I might try to finish that.