• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I could play every game in my entire backlog by 2020, much less beat them!

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope, had to stop Odyssey for RDR2, had to stop RDR O for Oddysey, had to stop Odyssey for Warframe Fortuna, will probably stop warframe for WoW

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
if it was my full time job, yes i could probably clear it in 2 years. i'd probably need to stop adding to the backlog though.

Oct 25, 2017
Nope and I don't really have any intention to.

I've just succumbed to the idea that I'll play stuff when I get around to it. It actually prevents me from buying stuff just to have it because it's the next big thing. The longer I get to savor the stuff I picked up this year: Smash, RDR2, AC Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Danganronpa, every single KH game except 3, etc., the less I feel like I need to drop $60 on anything new next year.

Once I start playing "catch up" with games just to get through them, I stop having fun with them.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
lol no. Even if I don't buy anymore games and ignore the PS+ freebies, my backlog could last me a couple years.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It would be a miracle if I even got through half! Cant keep having these sales where I can scoop like 10 games for under $60 total.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe. But certainly not if I want to keep playing N++

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even think I can finish RDR2 by the end of this month lol

I'm gonna hold off on buying games next year because my backlog is worse than it has ever been

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
There's no such thing as clearing a backlog, only triage to spend your time on what you perceive to be the most important experiences.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Been clearing out my back log down to:

Half of Spider man
Walking dead last season
Life is strange 2
Latest tomb raider
Most of Red Dead (gonna be hard because I don't like it lol)

Trying to hold off on buying anything else till I get caught up but I do have Anthem purcashed.

Cilla

Oct 29, 2017
Queensland, Australia
Not at all. It's over 500 titles strong and I am a single parent of a toddler who goes to university full time. I'm going to try to cut back on purchases (saving for a house) so hopefully I can get the good titles done..

Deleted member 11421

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What counts exactly? I give up on games a lot faster these days. A decade ago I had a backlog of like 250 games and halfway through I realized there was no point forcing myself to finish dozens of RPGs I wasn't into.

Since then I've played so many thousands more, and if every game had to be beaten it'd take like a hundred people multiple years lol

As far as my current backlog goes in terms of games I either haven't played yet or definitely intend to finish, I could clear the 30 or so games (many are shorter PSVR games) in about two months if I didn't start anything else.

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

I could play the games I currently own for the rest of my life and never complete them.

Deleted member 31133

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Not a chance in hell. Had to put gaming on hold for a bit while a worked on by book backlog. Now that's gone down I'll go back to my game backlog. Need to make a dent before RE2 hits in Jan.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I will never clear it, literally impossible time wise unless I spend every waking hour on the mish, even then, I'd only clear 1/5 of it by 2020.

I'm including my PC backlog in here too.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Pretty much impossible. My PS2 backlog alone is at 200-ish games. At least I'll never be bored when I'm retired.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
I wonder how much time you could cut down if you just looked at the speedrun strats and tried to use them lol.

Deleted member 12186

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I definitely can. I went through a bunch of games this year. Throughout my usage of the backloggery website, I checkmarked 390+ games. To be honest though I use that site differently and not technically as a backlog list. Some games I don't own yet and are on a bucket list. I resorted to dropping some(which don't count to my total) or watching lets plays to get the gist of things like story, gameplay, encounters.

Oct 27, 2017
On PS4? Eh, I think I could. I was going to actually be a smart cookie and make a spreadsheet of all the games I've beaten and what I haven't so I can kinda get on it. I hope Sony makes PS5 BC with the PS4 digital library because if not, I'm going to be highly upset.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
considering i have almost 100 games in my backlog and that theres over 10 confirmed 2019 games that are easily day 1 buys for me, not even close

Amory

Oct 27, 2017
Mm, probably. If I didn't play anything new for the next 2 years and I didn't bother with trying to find every little thing in every game.

Kovacs

Oct 27, 2017
Which console? Xbox One for sure if we don't count Game Pass as that's the least used out of the three current platforms as I only buy its exclusives. Switch, possibly but part of that backlog is Xenoblade, Octopath Traveller and the Zelda expansion. PS4? Not a chance, I still have the GOTY edition of Witcher 3 and a couple of other meaty RPG's sitting mocking me.

I really need to learn that if a game was going super cheap in a sale once, it will do so again in the future.

GhoulOne

Mar 4, 2018
Probably not, but I will try to finish as many as I can before then. Not really a lot I'm looking forward to buying right now anyway.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Considering my backlog goes all the way back to the SNES days (damn you Lufia 2!), probably not. I'll be lucky to be caught up before 2030 and the PS 6.5.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I can if I seriously try, but I am an temperamental gamer, so the chances of completing my backlog is 0% with 3 !!! for extra emphasis.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
If I made money playing games and could basically have it replace my job sure I could do it. The way it stands now I can't even finish 5 games by 2020.