• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
The idea of eating leftover steak right from the fridge without reheating sounded awful when someone on ERA recommended it. I have now seen the error of my ways and you should too. For those who are woke, which do you prefer? Fresh warm steak or cold leftover? Let's leave reheated steak out of this argument. Let's not talk about reheated steak.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I think it would depend on the cut and such. You can definitely enjoy a cold steak, but it's not quite a "One size fits all" metric like say pizza.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
cold steak contracts, might be good for salads, but if i wanna chew on a steak i want it to fall apart and be juicy

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
I'm okay with eating it cold, but of course warm is better for most cuts with any semblance of marbling. You cook it just enough that the fat starts to render, which makes it juicier. Otherwise you might as well just eat tartare all the time (delicious, don't get me wrong). I'd rather eat steak cold than reheat it and risk cooking it past medium-rare, though.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fresh warm steak is best. But damn if I don't love cold leftover steak as well, works real well as a snack

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like cold tri tip, maybe on a salad or something straight from the fridge. But it doesn't beat a good cut of steak hot and cooked to perfection.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Could you imagine going to a restaurant and paying thirt...any amount of money for a cold leftover steak?

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
This is crazy talk. There are good ways to reheat steak, but there's no way that cold steak is better than fresh off the grill or fresh off the pan steak.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's irrational but I don't like the idea of eating that kind of meat cold, I feel like all those bacteria I cooked it to get rid of will come back if it's cold

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Air Fryers actually work pretty well for reheating steak. Far better than doing it in a microwave or oven anyways.

Kyonashi

Oct 24, 2017
UK
cold... steak? madness.

you should never have leftover steak, eat the whole damn thing out of the pan as hot as you can get it.

Oct 28, 2017
Cold steak cut into "fries" and dipped into a little ketchup is a "weird thing" that I eat occasionally (maybe once or twice a year?) but it really depends on the cut, doneness, how lazy I'm feeling, how close I am to passing out because I forgot to eat, and so on. It is more common for me to use leftover steak as a steak (take the same strips of cold rare steak and panfry to medium rare), pop it into fried rice, or make something like spaghetti sauce or chili with it.