• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal9001

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If you press the Home Button, would this pause it? How would this impact the design of the game?

switch_darksoulsremastered_pkg1-61293ea5-1a37-49a9-86e1-f2cfacbc80d0.jpg

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
How would any of us know?

How is it any different from any other platform the game released on? They all have home menu suspends.

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What happens if you press the Home button on PS4 or X1 when playing Dark Souls 2/3? Most likely same thing.

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Yes

You can pause Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2 and 3, and now Dark Souls Remastered on PS4 via sleep mode as well

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't pause when you press the XMB button on PS3 so why would the home button be different?

Also, none of us have the game or have played it on Switch so how would we actually know? It's not out for months.

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What happens when you push the home button in an online game?

Fate

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, and when you come back from the home screen you'll be dead from an invader

edit: yeah I'm pretty sure it will boot you to the title screen if you sleep the console, if it you're just in home screen it should still be running meaning its not paused

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Going to the home menu probably does nothing, and if you're not in a safe area/playing online gets you killed/potentially invaded. Going in to sleep mode probably kicks you to the in game menu.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder about this. With every game I've played so far on Switch, the home menu pauses everything, even cutscenes. Whereas PS4 and X1 games vary with what they pause. It might be a game-by-game thing, but I'm not sure because I haven't seen a Switch game yet that doesn't pause everything when hitting the home button.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is something similar to hitting the PS button on PS4. I am pretty sure it doesn't pause.

On the other hand, I am curious to see if there are any changes to the traditional online implementation for the Souls games in Switch. We still don't know anything about Nintendo's online plans and I would be interested to see if they treat passive online stuff the way the other platforms do once the full online system rolls out.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
BTW, I'm probably getting this digitally because I buy everything on Switch digitally, but that box art is HOT

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On PS4 souls games when you go into sleep mode and wake-up you get booted to the main krnu.

I assume it's the same here.

Vankash

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It's a interesting question
Usually if you play something that is connected online for example Arms you're not allowed to go to the homescreen it will show in the left corner "Home is blocked in this application".

I think they will block it too.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Hopefully they just add a pause button to the remaster but thats just wishful thinking. Fuck having to go back to the main menu.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Feel free to make a new thread if there is a definitive answer to this question.

No can tell you at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.