• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of John Snobelen lol

Wow that idiot is still around, appears juat in time to get his shits in.

Lecce has been at least functional at comms, which is basically all that's needed to make this stuff blow over

He lies non-stop and is pretty bad at it. Not to mention the hazing incident involving the goat. I bet he's just like Kavanaugh.

Based on my past history with the Harris government, I don't think people care about education in aggregate. There's no outcry to the cuts to post-secondary education, and whatever fallout from this current instability will be forgotten in a year

This seems worse than Harris but I graduated high school a year before he won so I missed it. And post-secondary is getting more and more expensive. It's all on the generation most impacted by these cuts to take it to the polls.

Ford's antics have already cost Scheer his dream job. I think he's a one term Premier.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017

Why is the first thing that comes to mind in budget short falls are cuts?

Ford making shire Ontario stays firmly Liberal in the federal level.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they'd stop saying he will "find efficiencies". He won't. He will spend more looking for them.

Mandatory e-learning isn't an efficiency, it's a downgrade and farming out your education to Facebook and the like.

Ford making shire Ontario stays firmly Liberal in the federal level

He's going to get destroyed in the next Ontario election.

They'll be doing surgeries in the hospital parking lot to save money by then.

He's already fucked up my son's future in Ontario, no PR change will make me forget that in 2020 and I doubt I'm the only one.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they'd stop saying he will "find efficiencies". He won't. He will spend more looking for them.

Mandatory e-learning isn't an efficiency, it's a downgrade and farming out your education to Facebook and the like.

He's going to get destroyed in the next Ontario election.

They'll be doing surgeries in the hospital parking lot to save money by then.

He's already fucked up my son's future in Ontario, no PR change will make me forget that in 2020 and I doubt I'm the only one.

True in all counts.

You're definitely not alone in terms of Ontario families hurt by his policies. He's as good as done in the next election.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the OPC get so destroyed that the NDP make official opposition and can push the (minority) Ontario Liberals to enacting all the public policies we need.
I don't have many if any hopes of the NDP actually winning the next election though, so this will be next best choice lol.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I hope the OPC get so destroyed that the NDP make official opposition and can push the (minority) Ontario Liberals to enacting all the public policies we need.
I don't have many if any hopes of the NDP actually winning the next election though, so this will be next best choice lol.
Both the OLP and NDP having more seats than the OPC is never going to happen.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Pulling a full page ad in Ottawa demanding more money for the richest province and favorable economic conditions in Canada is not a good look for Kenney.

[whispers] go fuck yourself

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. They have to swallow their pride and actually implement a tax regime that makes sense.

==============
The turmoil is just so satisfying.

I don't think he'll survive a leadership review when the social conservatives want your head. He better hope the dairy cartel has deep tendrils.

Last edited:

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Pulling a full page ad in Ottawa demanding more money for the richest province and favorable economic conditions in Canada is not a good look for Kenney

I don't see anything fair in there at all.

I don't think he'll survive a leadership review when the social conservatives want your head. He better hope the dairy cartel has deep tendrils

O66LjvM.png

He's gonna need more cartons.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
The PST issue is the part that pains me the most. Whining about equalization does nothing. Raising the PST does something.

This is the worst do-nothing government I've seen in recent memory. Actually, it's worse than do-nothing since they're burning everything to the ground.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
The PST issue is the part that pains me the most. Whining about equalization does nothing. Raising the PST does something.

This is the worst do-nothing government I've seen in recent memory. Actually, it's worse than do-nothing since they're burning everything to the ground.

Do you know what else does something? Not lowering the nation's lowest corporate tax rates even further. This idiot should be laughed out of every room he enters outside of Alberta.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
He's intentionally sabotaging Alberta (enriching his oil buddies in the process) but then turns around and blames the rest of Canada for not prepping up their clown college.

He'll turn everyone homeless and blame the liberals. Then all the pundits will write about how the feds didn't take action. It's a sordid affair. At least Ontario will change, i don't see alberta improving at all. I have nothing but disdain and resentment for that province.

And don't tell me Albertans have no political choice. They have the Ndp to vote for if they're truly dissatisfied. Instead they choose to march off a fiscal cliff, it's self inflicted.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
He's intentionally sabotaging Alberta (enriching his oil buddies in the process) but then turns around and blames the rest of Canada for not prepping up their clown college.

He'll turn everyone homeless and blame the liberals. Then all the pundits will write about how the feds didn't take action. It's a sordid affair.

Future op-ed in the Globe and Mail:

Canada you need to vote for the Conservative Party of Canada to avoid such problems

By: Stephen Harper

Do you know what else does something? Not lowering the nation's lowest corporate tax rates even further. This idiot should be laughed out of every room he enters outside of Alberta.

Even worse he wants more federal money for Alberta Oil companies and their investors

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Future op-ed in the Globe and Mail:

Canada you need to vote for the Conservative Party of Canada to avoid such problems

By: Stephen Harper

I would take that bet. Conservatives are like the modern Republican party but 10 times dumber.
Exhibit A

People voted for these clowns. It's not by accident either.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
People voted for these clowns. It's not by accident either

They're literally trying to scare away every industry but O&G.

Not to mention stealing people's pensions and investing them into O&G.

Trudeau better not give them any money. The thought of my tax dollars going to these assholes makes me want to vomit.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
They're literally trying to scare away every industry but O&G.

Not to mention stealing people's pensions and investing them into O&G.

Trudeau better not give them any money. The thought of my tax dollars going to these assholes makes me want to vomit.

As an Albertan, I don't want the federal government giving any money to this irresponsible administration.

They need to show some higher level of financial competence first. After all, federal tax dollars are *my* tax dollars too.

Edit: yes yes, I know that that's not how money actually works but the sentiment remains

TheTrinity

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I'm just waiting for the announcement that Bioware is leaving Alberta. Probably everyone else too. Beamdog is there and I believe an outpost of Improbable?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously???
Yep, I'm just waiting for the announcement that Bioware is leaving Alberta. Probably everyone else too. Beamdog is there and I believe an outpost of Improbable?
IIRC Beamdog was quoted in... a news article(?) about being unhappy with the way things were going in Alberta. Might've even read it from this thread.

Seems likely. And is a real bummer.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Since the election I have fallen off of the Poli-Era wagon. Since I do not see any threadmarks, are there any posts that would be pertinent?

Thank you.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
As an Albertan, I don't want the federal government giving any money to this irresponsible administration.

They need to show some higher level of financial competence first. After all, federal tax dollars are *my* tax dollars too.

Edit: yes yes, I know that that's not how money actually works but the sentiment remains
Have to agree with this, and toss in a fuck you to anyone who thinks every Albertan wants this nonsense (I recognize that apparently more than 2/3 of Albertans want this nonsense).

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Have to agree with this, and toss in a fuck you to anyone who thinks every Albertan wants this nonsense (I recognize that apparently more than 2/3 of Albertans want this nonsense).

Giving the Alberta government money at this point will validate their position and tactics too.

I'm directly on the receiving end of Kenney's cuts, so I'm not too happy about anyone playing nice with him at this point.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Giving the Alberta government money at this point will validate their position and tactics too.

I'm directly on the receiving end of Kenney's cuts, so I'm not too happy about anyone playing nice with him at this point.
Oh I agree. I don't think the feds should give Alberta a red cent...or shiny nickel I guess is our smallest coin at this point? Alberta's government is a fucking disaster, but that doesn't mean it's population is. Only 70% lol.

Things That Have Happened After the 2019 Election That Might Be Important I Guess
OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Since the election I have fallen off of the Poli-Era wagon. Since I do not see any threadmarks, are there any posts that would be pertinent?

Thank you.
1. Throne speech (Tax cuts, climate change "reconciliation [but not the kind that we're fighting against in court]", appeasing Alberta, etc.). The Bloc Support, the NDP say it's not good enough and the CPC are terrible so no one cares what they think.
2. Cabinet shuffle; the main changes are Chrystia Freeland was moved to Deputy Prime Minister/Minister of Governmental Affairs, setting her up to be Trudeau's predecessor, and Catherine McKenna was removed from Minister of the Environment because Jason Kenney wouldn't stop crying tears of oil. If you want the full list, here you go!
3. Speaking of the CPC, Scheer is up for a leadership review and the opposition to his continued leadership is ramping up.
4. Doug Ford and Jason Kenney are desecrating their respective provinces; Kenney in particular passed a bill firing the person investigating the "kamikaze campaign" that led to him leading the UPC and took control of teacher's pensions for very stupid reasons (read: InVesT iN oIl)
5. As a result of #3, teacher unions are striking (go Teach!) across Ontario and similar actions are being murmured in Alberta
6. Doug Ford is learning French. That should both terrify you given what it means and piss you off given he cut funding for francophone services.
7. Quebec's Bill 21 continues to be a blight and Brian Pallister of all people is fighting Quebec over it. I am not kidding.
8. Apparently we care about what Ed the Sock has to say? Still not sure about that one.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Throne speech and some confidence votes, but honestly nothing noteworthy from my perspective at least.

I knew a Thawne once, fast d00d, and I know of Grand Admiral Thrawn from SW EU. However, this sounds completely new to me :D

Thank you.

1. Throne speech (Tax cuts, climate change "reconciliation [but not the kind that we're fighting against in court]", appeasing Alberta, etc.). The Bloc Support, the NDP say it's not good enough and the CPC are terrible so no one cares what they think.
2. Cabinet shuffle; the main changes are Chrystia Freeland was moved to Deputy Prime Minister/Minister of Governmental Affairs, setting her up to be Trudeau's predecessor, and Catherine McKenna was removed from Minister of the Environment because Jason Kenney wouldn't stop crying tears of oil. If you want the full list, here you go!
3. Speaking of the CPC, Scheer is up for a leadership review and the opposition to his continued leadership is ramping up.
4. Doug Ford and Jason Kenney are desecrating their respective provinces; Kenney in particular passed a bill firing the person investigating the "kamikaze campaign" that led to him leading the UPC and took control of teacher's pensions for very stupid reasons (read: InVesT iN oIl)
5. As a result of #3, teacher unions are striking (go Teach!) across Ontario and similar actions are being murmured in Alberta
6. Doug Ford is learning French. That should both terrify you given what it means and piss you off given he cut funding for francophone services.
7. Quebec's Bill 21 continues to be a blight and Brian Pallister of all people is fighting Quebec over it. I am not kidding.
8. Apparently we care about what Ed the Sock has to say? Still not sure about that one.

Holey Guacamole pal! Thank you!

Going to google "Throne speech"... thought we gave up on monarchy a long time ago.

Personally, I'd recommend tagging this (your) info filled post with a threadmark for all new and returning users who want to be up to date as of 10th Dec 2019.

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Holey Guacamole pal! Thank you!

Going to google "Throne speech"... thought we gave up on monarchy a long time ago.

Oh, if only.

Personally, I'd recommend tagging this (your) info filled post with a threadmark for all new and returning users who want to be up to date as of 10th Dec 2019.
I'll add a threadmark to this post and future major news stories, if only for an easier reference whenever the net election comes up.