• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheTrinity

Oct 25, 2017
For every person that complains I'm going to donate $20 specifically to the group of protesters that inconvenienced them.

Oct 27, 2017
Kenney called the protesters "champions of wokeness." It's cool watching the conservatives become Republicans in real time, very not troubling!

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Kenney called the protesters "champions of wokeness." It's cool watching the conservatives become Republicans in real time, very not troubling!

They're all the same thing. Part of the IDU octopus of "democracy".

The sticker Premier fucked up. I mean how does this get approved?

I've seen a bunch of these on the road lately and all I can think of is this:

C9CEyZt.png

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this will be solved just like with the teamsters strike. When propane reserves will be low and farmers will start to run out they will start to protest again like last time. Moreover people are probably going to start to be laid off next week among train engineers, teamsters and employees from companies that can't ship or receive products. Rad-Can was interviewing companies in Bécancour and Montréal saying they plan to start laying off people on Monday.

I guess Trudeau is banking on the blockades losing more and more support as people are laid off and people are running out of gas and he's banking on Ford and Legault to take the odious decision to call on the OPP and SQ to solve the problem instead of having to send the RCMP.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
So what happened to Static Void? I see a thread about said poster wanting account deletion. Don't tell me that this site has skeletons in the closet like the old one haha.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
www.hilltimes.com

Senior Conservatives seething over Conservative Fund’s refusal to share Scheer’s $700,000 over-budget expense details with national council

'If you're a donor, why would you want to give money if you can't get straight answers on what the hell's going on?’ says veteran Conservative political insider Tim Powers.
Some senior Conservatives are seething with anger over the powerful and unelected Conservative Fund's refusal to share details with the national council of Andrew Scheer's $700,000-over-budget office expenses last year, saying the lack of transparency is resulting in gossip affecting the leader's credibility and the party's ability to raise funds.

"This is a strange situation," said one Conservative MP of the Conservative Fund's response to the national council's request. "Something doesn't add up here, and it appears someone is trying to protect someone. This is not good for the party."

They run their party like they run the country.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oct 27, 2017

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck did they miss that?

Only the most inept government would oversee see a plate review that'd miss something like this, what kind of inept, doped up Premier would approve something like....

oh.
It's the dumbest shit. The fuck up with the cannabis roll out, autism policy roll out, they can't do anything right.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
It's by design. Conservatives want government to be a failure to erode people's faith in government institutions.

That's true as well.

But I do think they are this dumb and incompetent. You elect a dropout, drug dealing Premier it kind of sets the bar real low.

The plates are blue and made of plastic (need that oil). Top priorities.

Oct 27, 2017
It's by design. Conservatives want government to be a failure to erode people's faith in government institutions.
This feels like "Trump is playing 4D chess" to me. The simplest explanation is that Ford is incredibly incompetent and has surrounded himself with equally incompetent people.

Fucking up those carbon tax stickers wasn't by design.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
This feels like "Trump is playing 4D chess" to me. The simplest explanation is that Ford is incredibly incompetent and has surrounded himself with equally incompetent people.

Fucking up those carbon tax stickers wasn't by design.

You're spot on.

However this kind of incompetence leads to apathy and people concluding that Government is inept instead of "stop electing incompetent government".

In the US people voted for Trump simply because he's not a career politician thinking he'd do things different than the established politicians people had long lost faith in.

Hopefully we don't trend down the same path.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This is what happens when they award contracts to the company that "donates" the most money to them.

Costa

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What? That's not what I'm saying. Of course Ford and his lackeys are incompetent, they're not in the business of competency. Their number one concern is dismantlement. I'm not saying it's a grand-scheme of theirs, they've never even been subtle about it. Modern conservatism is incompetent by-design simply because dismantlement is on-top of their list.

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is anyone else seeing a barrage of "Pro-pipeline + anti-protest" ads featuring our ingenuous folks on Canadian YT recently ?
Yup, mostly anti-pipeline, mostly from the "Animal Protection Party".
They literally couldn't win when the LPC had a major scandal that people are still mad about and most of the protests we're seeing are in support of Wet'suwet'en. It's delusional to think the CPC is going to be forming government on the federal level anytime soon, especially when the supposed frontrunner is still trying to fight the carbon tax, among other anti-climate policies.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
Boy these protests are quite the pickle for the government. If only Trudeau had some sort of legal professional that was an expert in Indigenous governance in his cabinet. Ah well.

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They literally couldn't win when the LPC had a major scandal that people are still mad about and most of the protests we're seeing are in support of Wet'suwet'en. It's delusional to think the CPC is going to be forming government on the federal level anytime soon, especially when the supposed frontrunner is still trying to fight the carbon tax, among other anti-climate policies.
never underestimate the pettiness and stupidity of the average voter

Last edited:

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Is Rogers going to use Huawei as well?

The differences in 5G hardware may actually be a selling point if one doesn't use Huawei

Don't know what their plans are for the future, but right now Rogers' entire 5G network is going to be built by Ericsson.

about.rogers.com

Rogers and Ericsson partner to bring 5G to Canadians - About Rogers

Completes multiple live tests of 5G at Rogers Centre Commits to 5G testing in multiple cities with Ottawa next on the list TORONTO, April 16, 2018 /CNW/ – Canadians are one step closer to 5G, the next evolution in wireless that will change the way they connect to the world around […]

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
No Huawei is good but I still need to get away from Robbers.

I wonder how Freedom is these days. Wind sucked back in the day for me in Ottawa. I'd lose my signal as soon as I entered my house. Had to take all my calls outdoors.