• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Hahah, fuck you levant.

Whenever he does something stupid I just look at pictures of him and his pet Nazi on election night.

To8lfxO.jpg

He must have consumed a lot of booze that night.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
The full Ezra video is even more embarrassing. He's going full sovereign citizen with "Don't touch me, it's battery. You're facing a civil lawsuit!".

I wonder if there's trouble in Rebel paradise. Looks like their front page hasn't been updated in almost three weeks aside from that Kadhr story.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

Looks like someone's recent check from the O&G industry cleared recently.

Now we know how we was able to afford that $300,000 entrance fee for the leadership.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
He's such a transparent buffoon.

Also, that shirt and tie combo? HIDEOUS.
Trying to attract the Don Cherry crowd?

McKay vs O Tool on who's the REAL TRUE BLUE conservative.

They're doing the opposite of what Canadians want and believe in. WTF.

They don't care what Canadians want, they represent an industry that wants to profit before oil really collapses and it will just be money left in the ground.

We can't have any oil investors and companies who bought lands and drilling rights(or whatever) losing money now can we?

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
McKay vs O Tool on who's the REAL TRUE BLUE conservative.

They don't care what Canadians want, they represent an industry that wants to profit before oil really collapses and it will just be money left in the ground.

We can't have any oil investors and companies who bought lands and drilling rights(or whatever) losing money now can we?

I have no doubt they'd burn Canada to the ground just to appease their donors and lobbyists.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017

Looks like someone's recent check from the O&G industry cleared recently.

Now we know how we was able to afford that $300,000 entrance fee for the leadership.

The Prime Minister of Alberta and Saskachewan right there

I have no doubt they'd burn Canada to the ground just to appease Harper
Fixed that. Harper is the one getting the calls and cheques, he just has these guys over a barrel and they take orders from him... for some reason.

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The full Ezra video is even more embarrassing. He's going full sovereign citizen with "Don't touch me, it's battery. You're facing a civil lawsuit!".

I wonder if there's trouble in Rebel paradise. Looks like their front page hasn't been updated in almost three weeks aside from that Kadhr story.
They're being audited by the CRA, last I checked.

Also, a lawsuit by Bashir Mohammed.

Excuse the double post, I can't resist bashing Rebel and Levant, cretins that they are, whenever an opportunity arises.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
So the BC NDP are going the route of the Alberta NDP and basically realized that governing and being ethical is impossible.

I actually wonder if Reconciliation is actually possible or will it always be lip service?

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
So the BC NDP are going the route of the Alberta NDP and basically realized that governing and being ethical is impossible.

I actually wonder if Reconciliation is actually possible or will it always be lip service?

Somedays I don't think it's possible, it will get in the way of someone's profits somewhere.

Or China took Canada to arbitration and we lost, overriding all provincial and federal laws. The RCMP is even obstructing journalists as bad news coverage would probably impact investment.

Someone should FOIA this shit, not that the government has to make these things public or anything.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I've since discovered that if a government wants to circumvent the ATIP/FOI process, it's quite easy. It's why journalists are the ones who are the most successful at it, because they can pay for the appeals and actually change government decisions to either withhold or redact documents.

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
As an Ontarian living abroad in the US, who is my best representative to call and complain about the use of the RCMP to interfere the Wet'suwet'en pipeline protest? The MP from my old riding?

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
As an Ontarian living abroad in the US, who is my best representative to call and complain about the use of the RCMP to interfere the Wet'suwet'en pipeline protest? The MP from my old riding?

Yes. You can also write to the PMO's office too. I've done that before and actually got a reply back. You'll either get a response from the MP or their aide.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
This is the best background article yet that details some of the the governance issues that lie behind the Wet'suwet'en pipeline conflict. Well worth a read to understand what is going on.

Beyond bloodlines: How the Wet'suwet'en hereditary system at the heart of the Coastal GasLink conflict works
Wet'suwet'en Nation hereditary chiefs say pipelines cannot be built through their territory without their consent. Their governance system is complex and rooted in cultural traditions. But there are disagreements over how it works and who benefits

Oct 25, 2017
today, I learned about Hereditary Chiefs

that sounds like Monarchy to me

To be fair, it's based in part of merit by the sounds of it. It's not just like "oh hey, I'm his kid so Now in a chief too". But it seems odd that the majority can just kick out other chiefs as they did with the three women who supported the pipeline. I'd be interested in knowing what percentage of people there support/don't support the pipeline being built. I know the reserve governments were in favour but that doesn't account for a lot of the folk I'm assuming?

Somehow Upper Canada College and the other exclusive private schools stay in business anyway, and it can't all be nouveau riche Canadians. lol
Mostly, yes. Fortunes rise and fall; now, many descendants of yesteryear's millionaires may still be comfortably upper-middle class or whatever, but very few great fortunes sustain themselves through several generations. That sort of hereditary wealth is more or less associated with Old World landed estates; family corporation ownership might be the nearest modern equivalent, but even there, even most successful businesses don't run on indefinitely.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

They are still descending deeper into shit politics. McKay is in the lead now.

"I LOVE PIPELINES"? Are they seriously trying to make being a oil worshipper cool?

And Ontario goes toward fascism.

www.ijvcanada.org

Ontario Parliamentarian Follows in Trump’s Footsteps, Introduces Bill Equating Criticism of Israel with Antisemitism

Toronto, 11 December 2019--Independent Jewish Voices Canada (IJV) is dismayed to see that efforts to brand criticism of Israel as antisemitic have made a return to Queen’s Park today. Will Bouma, Ontario Member of Provincial Parliament for Brantford-Brant, introduced a Private Member’s Bill this aft

The party of "free speech"

Last edited:

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Andrew Coyne thinking reconciliation is a moving target and that people need to define what it means.

Me looking at the TRC Calls to Action and giving up hope in this country.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017

They are still descending deeper into shit politics. McKay is in the lead now.

"I LOVE PIPELINES"? Are they seriously trying to make being a oil worshipper cool?

And Ontario goes toward fascism.

www.ijvcanada.org

Ontario Parliamentarian Follows in Trump’s Footsteps, Introduces Bill Equating Criticism of Israel with Antisemitism

Toronto, 11 December 2019--Independent Jewish Voices Canada (IJV) is dismayed to see that efforts to brand criticism of Israel as antisemitic have made a return to Queen’s Park today. Will Bouma, Ontario Member of Provincial Parliament for Brantford-Brant, introduced a Private Member’s Bill this aft

The party of "free speech"

Fuck Doug Ford's government and fuck the government of Israel.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Not so much pro civil rights when you are buying votes for a UN Security council seat abroad eh?

Hard to figure out what the appropriate response would be when you're trying to build international relations and gain social capital with countries that don't align to all our human rights values, especially given that half the twitter responses seem to border on racism/xenophobia/islamaphobia and using LGBT rights as a prop for it.

A lot of things like this give me mixed feelings.

Same for the VIA rail protests. I think the hereditary leaders vs elected council stuff is too complicated to side with one or the other, even if generally it seems like the better solution would be to just move the pipeline to go through less sensitive areas and spend more money on failsafes.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
This Rail shutdown is fucking me.
Booked a train way in advance so I could afford the ticket to reunite with my SO for Valentines Day and the long weekend. Now is cancelled, I can't afford flights and even bus tickets are outrageous (if you find a seat).

What is the purpose of this? Piss off people that need to work, and see their family and loved ones? What do normal people in Ontario have to do with this problem? How's forcing more cars on the road is going to help? I'm not even mentioning the impact on the economy that will hurt everyone.

MikeRahl

Oct 27, 2017
Booked a train way in advance so I could afford the ticket to reunite with my SO for Valentines Day and the long weekend. Now is cancelled, I can't afford flights and even bus tickets are outrageous (if you find a seat).

What is the purpose of this? Piss off people that need to work, and see their family and loved ones? What do normal people in Ontario have to do with this problem? How's forcing more cars on the road is going to help? I'm not even mentioning the impact on the economy that will hurt everyone.

This is the correct take. Everyone has a right to protest as long as it doesn't inconvenience anyone!

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Yeah it hurts their cause they are protesting for more than helping it. Pissing normal people off that have nothing to do with what is going on in BC, is not the way to get your message heard.

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017

Tell your Federal MP to not build the pipeline then.

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
normal people in ontario weren't going to care about native land and native lives until some sort of action was being taken to make them take notice.

all of a sudden you care

protesting works

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The temporary feeling of being inconvenienced now is essentially how Indigenous peoples feel their entire lives.