• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Things That Have Happened After the 2019 Election That Might Be Important I Guess
  • OP
    OP
    Caz

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
    Banned
    Oct 25, 2017
    Canada
    Since the election I have fallen off of the Poli-Era wagon. Since I do not see any threadmarks, are there any posts that would be pertinent?

Thank you.
    1. Throne speech (Tax cuts, climate change "reconciliation [but not the kind that we're fighting against in court]", appeasing Alberta, etc.). The Bloc Support, the NDP say it's not good enough and the CPC are terrible so no one cares what they think.
    2. Cabinet shuffle; the main changes are Chrystia Freeland was moved to Deputy Prime Minister/Minister of Governmental Affairs, setting her up to be Trudeau's predecessor, and Catherine McKenna was removed from Minister of the Environment because Jason Kenney wouldn't stop crying tears of oil. If you want the full list, here you go!
    3. Speaking of the CPC, Scheer is up for a leadership review and the opposition to his continued leadership is ramping up.
    4. Doug Ford and Jason Kenney are desecrating their respective provinces; Kenney in particular passed a bill firing the person investigating the "kamikaze campaign" that led to him leading the UPC and took control of teacher's pensions for very stupid reasons (read: InVesT iN oIl)
    5. As a result of #3, teacher unions are striking (go Teach!) across Ontario and similar actions are being murmured in Alberta
    6. Doug Ford is learning French. That should both terrify you given what it means and piss you off given he cut funding for francophone services.
    7. Quebec's Bill 21 continues to be a blight and Brian Pallister of all people is fighting Quebec over it. I am not kidding.
    8. Apparently we care about what Ed the Sock has to say? Still not sure about that one.

Good News!
  • Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
    Oct 25, 2017
    Ottawa
    SPECIAL ATTENTION TO MONTREAL, OTTAWA AND SASKATCHEWAN ERA.

For his safety, please DO NOT MENTION the ERA (or old site) USER NAME of the user in question. There might be repercussion in his country before he leaves. If you reply or ask question leave his name out.

For those who remember, this refers to the user that was trying to leave his collapsing country (under repressive government) and had to wait in line to get food and might be arrested for doing so. AGAIN DO NOT MENTION HIS USER NAME.

This user is officially moving to Canada at the end of the month (28th). He got a official invite from the provincial nomination program of Saskatchewan and has now his visa. He was initially approved by the Quebec nomination provincial nomination (few years ago) until CAQ got elected and canceled the acceptation of 18 000 immigrants (including him and his family).

He will be arriving in Montreal and will be doing his quarantine there for two weeks. He will stay roughly a week after there and then spend a few days in Ottawa. Afterward he will fly to Saskatchewan (Saskatoon) where he will establish himself (and wife and 3 year old son).

While he was able to gather enough funds to cover his living expenses (to meet the government requirement), he will be arriving Canada in February will limited winter gear and with the logistical nightmare of the quarantine. The only things he will have is what fits in his suitcase and is limited to the items he could get in his country. They did manage to get a coat each but we are unsure how warm those will be. There have no other winter gear.
    There is a lot to do, arranging a bank account and cards, getting phones, getting winter gears, get groceries for the quarantine, organizing transport.

We are not asking for money. However, if anyone in those cities (Ottawa, Montreal, Saskatoon) can help with the logistics or have second hand items that could be of use to get him and his family start up in Canada or during his quarantine, it would be welcomed. Keep in mind that he will be travelling by plane from Ottawa to Saskatoon so the first part would be just just logistics and clothing or the like.
    I am located in Ottawa but will travel to Montreal to assist his arrival.

I have been helping him out with his plans for the past several years along with another Era user.

IF YOU WANT TO HELP, you can contact me via PM. You can send him pm too but he is very busy will the moving process. I am the main resource helping here in Canada. I do expect him to be more active when he gets here. He was advised to keep his forum activity low key due to previous comments that could be dangerous for him in his country (those posts were deleted for his safety).
    I am trying not to derail this thread so if you reply to this post, do not reply back and forth, use pm instead.

There will be an official thread later (in the general forum) but we are trying to keep it low key until he is out of his country due to the risk of governement intervention/repercussion. AGAIN DO NOT MENTION HIS USER NAME PLEASE.

I did ask the mods for authorisation beffore posting this.