• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
The provinces know that they'll get laughed out of court. They don't care -- it's to rile up the base and to shore up the support.

And when the courts rule against them, it's "activist judges".

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
"Fiscal responsibility" = throwing money away on frivolous lawsuits while concern trolling about flights the PM makes or plastic cutlery that gets delivered with a large takeout order. "Teh HyPoCrIsY!"

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
This is a big deal, I'm sure a bunch of parents are pissed to learn of this.

An internal review of changes to Ontario's autism program calls for an immediate reset, saying the government purposely spread misinformation about the costs and the backlog for treatment to justify a funding model that would leave families "destitute."

The report, written by one of the government's own members and obtained by The Globe and Mail through an anonymous source, is highly critical of the funding model for autism services developed by the Progressive Conservatives. It says that repeated assertions made by the government, including former community and social services minister Lisa MacLeod, that 23,000 children were on a list waiting for services was "unverified and is likely inaccurate."

"This has been the toughest and most damaging file of our first year in office. Regretfully, to add fuel to the fire, our tone has been less than ideal. We are talking about children and families in need," said the report, prepared by Toronto-area MPP Roman Baber.

edit: government responds.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
leaks happen when you got members of your own party who are not happy with you.

Some OPC members are out for blood.

LOL, Caroline Mulroney ruined her political career by joining the OPC.... LOL

Last edited:

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
This is a big deal, I'm sure a bunch of parents are pissed to learn of this.

I'm pissed but I knew they were lying from the get go.
Happy to see more evidence of their BS coming out.

at the cost of fucking over thousands of families we finally have open discussion at Queens Park.

There won't be any open discussion because the consultations were a joke. They're just theatre to make it seem like they care.

They have no intention of willingly changing anything.

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada proud and the CPC must be thinking of their next ad to destroy trudeau at this point because their other ones have been so effective at turning people away from the CPC. With the current numbers in quebec and ontario the CPC would be lucky to get more than 45 seats in Ontario and 15 in quebec.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Canada proud and the CPC must be thinking of their next ad to destroy trudeau at this point because their other ones have been so effective at turning people away from the CPC. With the current numbers in quebec and ontario the CPC would be lucky to get more than 45 seats in Ontario and 15 in quebec.

You mean their banana campaign hasn't worked yet? I still don't know the symbolism.

Re: poll numbers. The real news in those numbers is the utter collapse of the NDP and the take over by the greens. It will take a few cycles for them to get back in the game if at all.

I'm starting to think that the ndp and greens will split the vote leading to a third party seat win.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Robust numbers for the Greens.

Is there anywhere in Ontario that vote would be concentrated enough to elect anybody? I'd imagine it'd be in a city, of course.
They got their first Ontario MPP in Guelph last year so possibly there? They finished 4th in the last federal election with only 11% of the vote though.

Last edited:

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
So this probably flew under the radar this week that Geng Tan (mp for don Valley North) real reason for not running again was because his affair was going to be exposed to the media (which it finally did)

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Another L for Dud Ford. I wonder how much money was spent taking this to court.
IIRC the OPC's election platform said they'd spend $30 million fighting the feds over the carbon tax up to the Supreme Court of Canada. That probably includes all the ads and stickers at gas stations which won't end.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Ugh. I just got one of those stupid texts from a certain "Sue from Ontario Strong" asking me "If Ontario should scrap the carbon tax". How about: No, Fuck off Sue. Delete my number from your system and tell your organization to stop being idiots.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Ford somehow makes himself a useful idiot. It'll be amazing if he is the architect of the conservative movement stalling.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Ford somehow makes himself a useful idiot. It'll be amazing if he is the architect of the conservative movement stalling.

They figured Ford would be a populist like Trump and maintain a decent approval rating which would cover for his devastating cuts. They even set up their own propaganda network.

They overplayed their hand. The media was even running articles at one point how Ford and Scheer have the same goals, they thought Ford would boost Scheer's chances.

They've been trying to build a "grassroots movement" against the carbon tax which is backfiring spectacularly.

And now Scheer has Ford keep a low profile instead.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
theomoudakis3.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
So that stupid CPC commercial where the guy asks if you've seen the price of gas lately.....has the gas price even changed much in Ontario? Seems to be in the same range as the past few years to me

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Trump's John Bolton and Saudi Crown Prince MBS's obsession to destroy Iran is the prime reason why gasoline prices have been volatile.

Plus clown Nicolas Maduro tanking Venezuela in the gutter has some to do with it

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
So that stupid CPC commercial where the guy asks if you've seen the price of gas lately.....has the gas price even changed much in Ontario? Seems to be in the same range as the past few years to me

It went down to below 110 after the carbon tax (the same price before carbon tax) but now it has been 120-125 since the beginning of summer. It was more expensive last year.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Not really. There was the Gas companies manipulating the price because of the fear mongering, but the prices went back down the next day.

The bigger hit is that Ford and his government fucked with the legal ratios of Ethanol and Petrolium and set it to a ratio where 1L of Gas bought today goes less distance and provides less energy than 1L of Gas bought a year ago. All I'm the name of #Efficiencies to be #OpenForBusiness

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Are all of those candidates delusional?

Free-trade with the EU? You mean THE DEAL THEY HAD BEFORE THIS WHOLE BREXIT FIASCO?

Status
Not open for further replies.