• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
They're filled to the brim with the same righteous indignation that all far right crazies are. They're the Wild Rose with a bunch of extra pylons filling the ranks. You only have to look at their party convention motions to see that the inmates are running the asylum.
Kenney was never a calming force. He was going to rile up the ultraright of the wild rose and use them as a bludgeon

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Well when Jagmeet loses his by-election, at least we will get another leadership election? Just get Cullen in there damnit, I know he's riding out Trudeaumania 2.0 but the NDP is poised to suffer major losses if they continue to suffer fools.

Even caron or Angus would be WAY better, at least they are fucking MPs.

Or heck... and I can't believe I am saying this, bring back Mulcair.

With low donor money. I doubt the NDP could afford a leadership race and an election in one year. Singh is going to be on the ticket.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
From this poll it looks like Singh is gonna roast his competition in the byelection.

Among decided and leaning voters, Jagmeet Singh has 38.8% support while Liberal candidate Karen Wang has 26.3% support. Conservative candidate Jay Shin has 22% and the People's Party candidate Laura-Lynn Tyler Thompson has 8.7%.

Probably best to ignore the journalists and columnists which have been endlessly concern trolling with speculation that Singh is going to lose, not run in the next election, be stabbed in the back etc etc etc.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
From this poll it looks like Singh is gonna roast his competition in the byelection.

Probably best to ignore the journalists and columnists which have been endlessly concern trolling with speculation that Singh is going to lose, not run in the next election, be stabbed in the back etc etc etc.
I want Singh to win in Barnaby

haha the People's Party gets 8%, that 8% that the Cons wish they had

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
The People's Party is polling at 8.7% in this riding? That is surprisingly high and must worry the CPC if this becomes a national trend.

The People's Party candidate, Laura-Lynn Tyler Thompson, is at ~20% of decided/leaning Mandarin speaking voters but sub 5% of English speaking. It's a riding with lots of new Canadians and a lot of them are conservative.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
With low donor money. I doubt the NDP could afford a leadership race and an election in one year. Singh is going to be on the ticket.

That's not necessarily means you can't win though. As the previous provincial elections showed mood swings and protest voting can be more powerful than your ad campaign and debate performance.

From a purely financial perspective, if Singh cannot bring the donations in then I don't see why sticking with him is going to help much either. I feel his ship has sailed. With many of their big MPs announcing quite in advance they wouldn't be running in the next election it was implying they wouldn't even trust him to save their seat.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
lmao I came in here to post that. Wow.

Boy something tells me Singh is gonna win this seat you guys. lol

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Asians always have this weird "us first" thing I guess.

But then again, I suppose that happens with all ethnic groups to some extent.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
This is a huge boon to Adam Pankratz. He was the low profile no name pylon the Liberal Party had in place for the 2015 election when this riding was known to be an NDP stronghold, but after he did unexpectedly well obviously there was going to be more competition for the nomination and he didn't get it. The Liberal Party still has time to dump this candidate and get another and I'm guessing one of the easier choices in such short notice would be Pankratz.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Asians always have this weird "us first" thing I guess.

But then again, I suppose that happens with all ethnic groups to some extent.
I feel like white people have some pretty sharp skills when it comes to "us first".

Fucking clown show from the Liberal candidate in any case.

Go Jagmeet, go Jagmeet, go!

I feel like white people have some pretty sharp skills when it comes to "us first".
Yeah, certainly. I think there's a certain, more understandable sort of solidarity amongst individual minority groups (or even just among white ethnic groups, e.g., Italians) in these situations; if she'd left it at encouraging Chinese-Canadians to rally behind her and put one of their own in office, I think that'd be fine, but identifying her opponent as an Indian in out-group language is...not good.

I still don't think any bozo eruption can ever top that Conservative candidate who was caught peeing in somebody's cup while visiting their house, though.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
OMG Sometimes I shake my head at some of the things said in Chinese communities...

Beig southeast asian myself, it seems to be normal to "speak what you think" even if it it's cringe worthy. feel like i've heard it all. The stuff my mom says...

In other news. Jagmeet Singh gives an interview on Canadaland's Oppo podcast.

Not yet listed on website but on Apple's Podcasting app

https://www.canadalandshow.com/shows/oppo/

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
It's great she did the right thing.
Expected this outcome from the LPC and its leadership
As pointed out "A Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian."
I hope they find and run with another candidate.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
These situations usually equate to "quit, or you're fired". She was likely given the choice to try to save face.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yah she didn't quit because she felt bad. She quit because its the only chance of rebooting her career in poltiics in a few years.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Well he is committed to ensuring his candidates retain the right to their own opinions so she should be fine.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Of course there will be some Chinese people who think the Liberal party is racist and end up voting Conservative.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
As long as they vote for the People's Parry and not CPC they can vote conservative and I won't give a shit.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
If it makes you feel better at least one of the many alternate dimensions out there probably has the NDP with enough support to win something and not be leveraging their HQ. I'm sorry we live in the worst timeline but please continue to hold your nose.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I want the Rhino party to come back so I can waste my vote on a joke party and not one of the Communist parties at least. :p

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
https://www.burnabynow.com/news/con...rt-lived-liberal-candidacy-mp-says-1.23602722

So the Liberal Party of Canada was OK with taking on a candidate that even the Conservative Party of Canada rejected?!

This just furthers my disgust whenever I have to hold my nose and vote Liberal in order to keep the Conservatives out, like I did in the last election!
The NDP was okay with making Mulcair leader after being rejected by the Conservatives

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/to...story-s-back-again-and-who-benefits-1.3133761

Last edited:

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.burnabynow.com/news/con...rt-lived-liberal-candidacy-mp-says-1.23602722

So the Liberal Party of Canada was OK with taking on a candidate that even the Conservative Party of Canada rejected?!

This just furthers my disgust whenever I have to hold my nose and vote Liberal in order to keep the Conservatives out, like I did in the last election!

Liberals and Conservatives go back and forth all the time. One of the Liberal MPs for Richmond is an ex-Reform party member. Wang previously ran for the BC LIberals, which is a big tent coalition of Fed Conservatives and Fed Liberals. Lib Tory, same old story. How is this any surprise to anyone at this point?

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
It also bears reminding that the AB NDP would be liberal red anywhere else in the country but they're smart enough to play to the room, so the left isn't above shapeshifting to look appealing to an electorate.

This discussion also reminds me how obnoxious it is that the same party names are used at the federal and provincial level.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost as if Canada is generally populated and governed by interchangeable moderates making measured, steady progress.
We are all the Rhinoceros Party.

Also your vote matters and so do you.
If both parties are the same, what's the difference. ;)

I suppose I should be happy with "less evil" or at least "more marketable evil", but it's hard to feel proud of choosing the least worst option. It's like how Macron is supposed to be some European hero when he just happens to be not overtly racist like the person he ran against. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.