• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 12950

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
JWR blackmailed the PMO and made an ultimatum with a list of demands:

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...on-raybould-des-negos-jusqua-la-toute-fin.php

1) Firring Jerry Buts (fired)
2) Firing Michael Warnick (fired)
3) Firing Mathieu Bouchard (not fired)

If she was a really a whistle blower, she would have resigned and spilled the beans to the public.

no, this was a power play, strong arming the PM and PMO

worse of all, the other BC MPs including Terry Beech, were used mediators and act as messengers for JWR to make demands to the PM.

JWR refuses to answer journalists questions about her backroom ultamatums.

but but but Truth!!!! Integrety!!! eh!??

Trudeau's biggest mistake was to not kick her out after refusing the shuffle. Time worked against him and trying to be too political correct and nice has actually hurt him.

======

the shopping list of demands were time stamped on February 12 2019

Surprised you couldn't even last 2 hours.

So basically:

Apologize for trying to interfere with the justice system
Fire your officials who tried to interfere with the justice system
Don't interfere with the justice system after you've pushed me out of your way.

Seems like she was still trying to save him from himself.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
So basically:

Apologize for trying to interfere with the justice system
Fire your officials who tried to interfere with the justice system
Don't interfere with the justice system after you've pushed me out of your way.

Seems like she was still trying to save him from himself.
so you are drinking her cool-aid.

a whistle blower would have spilled the beans all entirely.

she wanted her Cabinet position back

This is not about Right or Wrong, this is all about her wanting to get her old Ministry back and muscle the PM.

--

BC MPs sigh.

Pierre Trudeau knew to shutdown John Turner when John Turner went rogue.

Justin failed to do the same on day one

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if she will find it easier to effect change from outside of caucus rather than in cabinet.

Deleted member 12950

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
so you are drinking her cool-aid.

a whistle blower would have spilled the beans all entirely.

she wanted her Cabinet position back

This is not about Right or Wrong, this is all about her wanting to get her old Ministry back and muscle the PM.

--

BC MPs sigh.

Pierre Trudeau knew to shutdown John Turner when John Turner went rogue.

Justin failed to do the same on day one

If this is nothing but a vendetta by JWR Trudeau shouldn't need to hide behind confidences and privileges. If she's as petty as you portray her as that should come across easily with the whole truth out in the open.

Deleted member 12950

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
In another instance of "what the hell is Trudeau doing?", I don't understand why he didn't wait until after the Daughters of the Vote event to boot JWR and Philpott from caucus. It's just terrible optics, if nothing else, and he's supposed to be good at that.

The fall of the feminist Prime Minister - The Daughters of the Vote, 338 young women, filled the House of Commons and with devastating timing turned on a leader they once admired

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
I wonder if JWR would have acted the same way if it was about Lululemon (sorry it's the only BC company I know). I bet those Khadafi kids would look good in yoga pants.

Anyway, vote Bloc so we can continue corrupting third world dictators in peace!

Last edited:

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just really annoyed that JT let this get out of hand. He should really be like his dad and Chretien going forward.

Deleted member 15948

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In another instance of "what the hell is Trudeau doing?", I don't understand why he didn't wait until after the Daughters of the Vote event to boot JWR and Philpott from caucus. It's just terrible optics, if nothing else, and he's supposed to be good at that.

The fall of the feminist Prime Minister - The Daughters of the Vote, 338 young women, filled the House of Commons and with devastating timing turned on a leader they once admired

Do men actually think that firing someone who happens to be a woman automatically makes someone not a feminist, regardless of the reasons?

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Do men actually think that firing someone who happens to be a woman automatically makes someone not a feminist, regardless of the reasons?
We are in the age of egg shells.
People are making bogus narratives that you can't fire a woman even if she was guilty as a man who commited an equal wrong

IMO, everyone should be treated equally, including when it comes to breach of trust with the team

TheTrinity

Oct 25, 2017
You ideologues are hopeless

I am out

JWR blackmailed the PMO and made an ultimatum with a list of demands:

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...on-raybould-des-negos-jusqua-la-toute-fin.php

1) Firring Jerry Buts (fired)
2) Firing Michael Warnick (fired)
3) Firing Mathieu Bouchard (not fired)

blahblablah

Don't get my hopes up like that gutter, the level of discourse was already on the rise until you came back. I encourage you to stick to your guns. You can do it!
Might also want to check out what the word 'ideologue' means and how the only person it applies to here is you.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I had a colonoscopy done.

Doing that with no anaesthesia????

Fuck off.

My wife's against public healthcare now, if they can just pull this crap.

SixPointEight

Oct 28, 2017
I have ulcerative colitis. I have colonoscopies every 2-5 years depending on my condition. I've had some without sedation and some with.

Trust me. This news suuuuucks.

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Daily Hourly Reminder: They are indeed evil cretins.

Kudos to every student who made their voices heard. These vile cons deserve to be given hell at every opportunity.

Alternatively: No OnE iS GoInG tO lOsE tHeIr JoB.
Wow. Ford is a fucking clown.
That is an insult to clowns. At least clowns try to make people's lives better through laughter.

Last edited:

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Even if Notley obliterates Kenney in the debate (which she will), Alberta is so backwards, they will still vote for Kenney because muh taxes.

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Labour Force Survey, March 2019

Following increases in January and February, employment held steady in March. The unemployment rate remained unchanged at 5.8%.

In the first quarter of 2019, employment rose by 116,000 (+0.6%).

On a year-over-year basis, employment grew by 332,000 (+1.8%), with gains in both full- (+204,000) and part-time (+128,000) work. Over the same period, total hours worked rose by 0.9%.

To explore the most recent results from the Labour Force Survey in an interactive format, visit the "Labour Force Survey in brief: Interactive app."

Highlights

Employment increased in Saskatchewan, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island, while it was little changed in the remaining provinces.

More people were working in the finance, insurance, real estate, rental and leasing industry, and in public administration. At the same time, employment declined in health care and social assistance; in business, building and other support services; and in accommodation and food services.

The number of employees held steady in March in both the public and private sectors. Self-employment was also virtually unchanged.

Both men and women aged 55 and older posted employment gains in March, while core-aged women experienced declines. At the same time, employment held steady for core-aged men and for youth.

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
What's core age, 25-55?

For women in the core working ages of 25 to 54

This is interesting.

6065caee-6306-4620-a31b-b0403132d040.png

I wish the core working age group could be broken down into smaller pieces, but it seems the gap in the labour force participation rate between genders is narrowing with younger generations. It's non-existent in the 15-24 age group, but that might be misleading as it would be before a lot of gender roles around children come into play. On the other hand looking at the 55-64, largely after children have grown up, we see a huge gap in the participation rate.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out that the Far Right is taking over Bernier's People's Party with entryism lmao. Some of the original libertarians that were drawn to the party are now bailing out.

Not too surprising considering the anti-immigrant, anti-abortion, anti-transgender candidate the party put forward in Burnaby South.

Mad at Max: Bernier's People's Party of Canada is revolting in British Columbia

VANCOUVER—Maxime Bernier's newly minted "smart populist" party may be crumbling in British Columbia amid allegations of racism, xenophobia and an infiltration of the radical far-right.

Through numerous interviews with current and former members, the Star has learned of an exodus of original People's Party of Canada (PPC) provincial organizers and followers. They suggest original party faithful are disillusioned and leaving by the dozen. An online petition by PPC members is also calling for the removal of the party's national co-ordinator.

Two former co-ordinators — Daniel Joseph and Angelo Isidorou — have publicly resigned online.

"I can't stand idly by and be associated with a party that fosters these kinds of people," Isidorou told Star Vancouver on Monday. "The party that existed just a few months ago is not the same party now."

Isidorou, 22, was the Electoral District Association (EDA) president for Vancouver-Quadra and the temporary campaign manager for the PPC's unsuccessful candidate in February's Burnaby South byelection. He also serves as director of UBC's Free Speech Club, which has faced visceral public outrage for bringing in controversial speakers that critics have called white nationalists.

Isidorou announced his resignation from the party in a March 29 online post, writing the PPC is an "utter free for all" and has been "hijacked by egomaniacs."

On the same day Isidorou posted online, Joseph, EDA president for Kelowna-Lake Country, announced his resignation via a Facebook video, claiming the party has taken on "hateful overtones." The video currently has more than 12,000 views.

In it, Joseph said he joined the party because Bernier wanted to do politics differently. However, he continued, it was with a "heavy heart" he wanted to call out racist, homophobic, xenophobic and "hateful influences" within the party.

"Racists and bigots that spew hatred and play divisive, political games to tear this party up from the inside out need to be called out," he said. "Max Bernier, you talk about strong leadership. It's time to get your ship in shape before the election."

In the video, Joseph named Walushka as part of the hateful contingent within the PPC. The Star reached out to him on Monday.

Walushka initially responded via email saying the allegations were baseless, inaccurate, without merit and the "lowest form of political subterfuge." He promised further comments by end of day but has not responded since.

The next day, Mennie said the party would not comment. A Twitter account attached to Mennie's name was active on Monday but deleted by Tuesday morning.

Walushka helped found Alberta's fledgling Wildrose party before moving back to B.C. in 2011. He is a former BC Conservative, a party affiliated with the federal Conservatives — which has moved to the fringe, commanding an average of only 2.5 per cent of the vote over the last three elections.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Turns out that the Far Right is taking over Bernier's People's Party with entryism lmao. Some of the original libertarians that were drawn to the party are now bailing out.

Not too surprising considering the anti-immigrant, anti-abortion, anti-transgender candidate the party put forward in Burnaby South.
My big takeaway from this article: diet bigots don't like being associated with full-flavor bigots, despite being attracted to the party for the exact same reasons. I don't expect any introspection to determine why horrid people jump onto their allegedly-innocent bandwagons.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Great point Terrell; plenty of people are disgusted by saying the quiet parts loud rather than the actual substance of the quiet parts.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
Presumably there's at least a few poor, ignorant souls that simply wanted to chat about how great cheap tariff free cheese would be and then end up in a meeting with all these foaming at the mouth anti-immigrant crazies. lol

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Presumably there's at least a few poor, ignorant souls that simply wanted to chat about how great cheap tariff free cheese would be and then end up in a meeting with all these foaming at the mouth anti-immigrant crazies. lol
For that to be the case, they'd have to be totally oblivious to everything else the leader stands for and the impetus for the party's creation. In which case, they deserve to be lumped in with the bigots.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
For AbertERA your hopium: http://www.ekospolitics.com/index.php/2019/03/rachel-notley-closing-gap-on-jason-kenney/

Being ahead by a mere 4 points, coupled with a commanding lead in Edmonton, shows that Kenney being crowned Lord of the Oil is not assured.

The vote margin here is closer than the previous two elections with the Redford and Notley wins.

edit: Oh, this was the March 31 poll?

edit: There's also an online Leger poll that shows a 9 point lead from the UCP over the NDP (in Calgary)... but it's online.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Tons of white collar O&G jobs left Edmonton for Calgary long ago, so the "fuck you, got mine" votes attached to those jobs went too.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
Gutter: you keep asking over and over and over what JWR's endgame is.

Here's a crazy idea for you to try to wrap your head around: she was doing her mother fucking job.

Status
Not open for further replies.