• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Saskatchewan trying to out-stupid Alberta. Bold strategy. BC wants none of our shit and MB is broke4lyfe and knows Ottawa is the hand that feeds.

So yeah... Alberchewan will be an amazing country.

mintzilla

Nov 6, 2017
Canada
i feel like any talks of separating is just right wing garbage being signal boosted through the internet and the trash tier Post Media empire.

very very very few people would support it. just a small number of vocal (probably illiterate)crazies.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Saskatchewanexit!

Survey suggests Sask. residents want Western Canada to separate

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sask...nts-want-western-canada-to-separate-1.5132270

Let's balkanize this shit!
Honestly, I am so tired of Western Canada doing this that I just implore them to get it done with already. Nobody is forcing them to stay in this country. They are free to leave whenever they want. Maybe then they'll stop holding back the rest of the country from progressing.

Last edited:

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I am so fucking tired of Western Canada doing this that I just implore them to get it done with already. Nobody is forcing them to stay in this country. They are free to leave whenever they want. Maybe then they'll stop holding back the rest of the fucking country from progressing.

The west is not going to leave, but they saw how well it worked for Quebec and are going to push it as far as they can.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I am so tired of Western Canada doing this that I just implore them to get it done with already. Nobody is forcing them to stay in this country. They are free to leave whenever they want. Maybe then they'll stop holding back the rest of the country from progressing.
Lmfao. You say that as if Ontario isn't backwards up its own ass 50% of the time. This post would make more sense if you didn't have a right wing lunatic sitting in Queen's Park looting and pillaging the province.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Lmfao. You say that as if Ontario isn't backwards up its own ass 50% of the time. This post would make more sense if you didn't have a right wing lunatic sitting in Queen's Park looting and pillaging the province.
Oh, I know Ontario is screwed and will continue screwing itself and the country at large. And I say everything I said knowing full well that Western Canada isn't going to act on it. And deep down, I don't actually want them to act on it. Take it as a sarcastic taunt with a hint of annoyance towards Western Canada always crying foul whenever the big bad non-conservative federal governments don't literally drop everything to bend to their every whim.

Last edited:

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Oh it gets annoying living it, trust me. Especially the smaller resource based communities here with plenty of vocal people voicing their "Canada owes us" bullshit.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
The LPC got back to me yesterday, I told them was interested in volunteering for my local MP's re-election, good experience I guess and another way to mention that school project I did awhile back.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
Kenney to cut corporate taxes in bid to boost Alberta economy

Premier Jason Kenney is preparing to cut corporate taxes in a bid to boost Alberta's economy with a policy that will cost the
province billions of dollars in forgone revenue over the next four years.

Mr. Kenney's plan to cut his province's corporate income-tax rate to 8 per cent from 12 is a reversal from the previous NDP government, which increased corporate taxes by 2 percentage points soon after taking office. It also sets him apart from other conservative premiers, including Doug Ford in Ontario, who have promised modest corporate tax cuts only to change course as they sought to eliminate deficits.

Boy how is he going to maintain services with a plunge in revenue?....Ohhhh...

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Some chamber of commerce shill was talking on Edmonton AM today about how crucial it is for the corporate tax rate to drop to 8% because jOb CrEaToRs; bitching about taxes, high minimum wage (let's introduce "training wages"), carbon tax, and other anti-business "difficulties" in Alberta.

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Cut it by a percent or two and call it a day. Cutting it by 4 percent over 4 years is a bit of a gamble especially if the deficit does not decrease by as much as forecasted currently. The UCP is also doing this to get companies located in places like Colorado and other Western US states to invest in Alberta

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
https://abacusdata.ca/broad-support...lp-reduce-emissions-and-fight-climate-change/

Slide3-4.jpg

Slide6-3.jpg

A majority of Conservative voters support carbon taxation. So why are Conservative parties railing so hard against it?

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Because they have no ideas of their own, and their platform mostly consists of "we will do opposite of everyone else, unless everyone else isn't consistent in which case we will pick the shittier option".

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I can't imagine a country under Scheer. I'm hoping he gets exposed with the more public appearances he makes. He is NOT a good speaker and has no ideas. That didn't stop Doug Ford, though...

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Because they have no ideas of their own, and their platform mostly consists of "we will do opposite of everyone else, unless everyone else isn't consistent in which case we will pick the shittier option".

Their donors give them money to adopt their ideas.

Why have your own ideas when people will give you money and ideas?

I think the only ideas that are their own is the social conservative, let's go back to the 1950s type shit.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Very true Kernel, they love reminiscing with rose-tinted glasses about a past that never existed the way it does in their imaginations.

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A majority of Conservative voters support carbon taxation. So why are Conservative parties railing so hard against it?
Because the CPC is being lead with Scheer incompetence.

Also because it has the word "tax" in it despite how the rebates works, hence them lying about price increases resulting in recent increases for gas prices before the tax having gone into effect.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Despite them being the ones who labelled it the carbon "tax" in the first place. Hearing Ford, Kenney, and especially Scott Moe rant about it is enough to drive a person to drink. Especially Moe. He has 2-3 talking points and just repeats them as nauseum. Whataboutism about Australia, and the rebates making the program pointless being his favourites.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Because the CPC is being lead with Scheer incompetence.

Also because it has the word "tax" in it despite how the rebates works, hence them lying about price increases resulting in recent increases for gas prices before the tax having gone into effect.

When the carbon tax was implemented in Winnipeg gas prices went up to $1.27 on the day, but here we are a few weeks later and gas prices are pretty much back to what they were before the implementation date at $1.21... of course that won't stop the Manitoba Conservative Premiere from pissing and moaning about it and is still looking to take all this to the courts.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017

Similarly:

My guess it that the minority that holds those views is made of people that actually vote, donate and scream the loudest.
And also, the only policy of the conservatives is to oppose everything for the sake of it.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Con response: Majority of Canadians also support pipelines (and they wouldn't be wrong,)

I don't take these.polls too seriously as government by polls is exactly one step removed from mob rule

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait until campaigns are in full swing and they actually tell us their plans. This tiptoeing non-answer bullshit is difficult to listen to. Singh says nothing about whether he will keep a carbon tax or not, only says "it's not enough".

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait until campaigns are in full swing and they actually tell us their plans. This tiptoeing non-answer bullshit is difficult to listen to. Singh says nothing about whether he will keep a carbon tax or not, only says "it's not enough".

The smart thing to do is for the Cons to NOT tell anyone their plans.. which is exactly what Doug Ford did.

I have no faith in Canadian politics anymore.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
Hey what ever happened to that ministry of finance aide that JWR said repeatedly pressured her about SNC Lavalin? Oh turns out he's in the PMO now.

Seriously how long until Butts rejoins the PMO since apparently 'no one did anything wrong', there have been no consequences to the political pressuring of the AG, and Butts seemingly resigned for no reason.

P.S
Chin is a former journalist who has worked at Queen's Park and as an aide to former B.C. Liberal premier Christy Clark. He was also tight with Trudeau and his team right from the beginning of Trudeau's campaign for the Liberal leadership in 2012, so this is in many ways a move back to where Chin started in the Trudeau orbit.

bububu BC Liberals are Conservatives how is this possible?!?!

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck what did I just watch?

Singh I honestly don't care much if you support this one LNG project or not, but you owe it to people to sincerely answer questions Jesus Christ.

Singh needs to fire all his advisors. wtf is the point of this obfuscation strategy?

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck what did I just watch?

Singh I honestly don't care much if you support this one LNG project or not, but you owe it to people to sincerely answer questions Jesus Christ.

Singh needs to fire all his advisors. wtf is the point of this obfuscation strategy?

When you put ideology over everything else, its impossible to answer question like these let alone making any smart decisions when it comes down to issues with any nuance.

The NDP at a federal level is such a train wreck ATM.

Also I'm tired of politicians using the indigenous community as pawns in their political games.
There are indigenous communities that are both for and against the pipeline it upsets me when politicians on both sides of the debate try to use these groups to push their agenda.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Singh stumbling in a feeble attempt to avoid answering the LNG question is helpful for the fed Greens.
The decline of the federal NDP has become a promising occurrence. Maybe it'll help the Liberals recover, too.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
When you put ideology over everything else, its impossible to answer question like these let alone making any smart decisions when it comes down to issues with any nuance.

The NDP at a federal level is such a train wreck ATM.

Also I'm tired of politicians using the indigenous community as pawns in their political games.
There are indigenous communities that are both for and against the pipeline it upsets me when politicians on both sides of the debate try to use these groups to push their agenda.

It's not ideology that is the problem here, its fence sitting. If he was all in against LNG that'd be better and more coherent than what he's doing here, which is to try to play both sides at the same time, and the result being incomprehensible and evasive non-answers to a simple question.

With regard to the specifics of the LNG Canada project there are indigenous groups that are supportive and those that are not. If the position of the Fed NDP is that they'd like to see more discussion and see that resolved before an NDP government would be in favour then he should explicitly state that.

Instead in the clip he went round in round in circles parroting the line one of his handlers probably gave him.

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This might be a good link to add to the OP:

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/poll-tracker/canada/

37% chance of a Conservative majority vs. 8% for the Liberals right now. It's going to take something massive for public opinion to shift between now and October.
When I make a Canada 2019 Election OT, i'll include it but that won't be for a while because i'm getting a bit tired of the defeatist attitude in this thread when we're not even into the summer (which, broken record time, saw the NDP leading in the polls in 2015 at roughly that time but that's not that we saw play out on election day).

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
Great news about the public inquiry into money laundering in BC. The reports already published about laundering through gambling, supercars and housing have already been bombshells and with those reports Peter German didn't have the powers to compel people to give evidence.

The big questions remaining to answer is 'How did it get this bad?' There are several MLAs and Senators both retired and still active that could be compelled to give testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.