• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
I though the cons climate plan was supposed to be out yesterday? Or did I miss it?

Does it mention all the important research they're doing to figure out legal ways to sue environmentalists?

Deleted member 12950

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The federal government doing nothing about Ontario privatizing autism healthcare or Québec's Animal Farm religious symbols bill pisses me off. The federal Liberals have been using "they'll privatize healthcare" as an attack for about as long as I've been following politics and they talk a big game about protecting minority rights. Both are under attack and it's been crickets.

Ontario shouldn't receive a penny more of Canada Health Act funding from the federal government until they unprivatize autism care and all discretionary spending and funding in Quebec should be cut off until they stop targeting some Muslims, Sikhs, and Jews with their "secularism" law.

You actually have to stand up when healthcare and minority rights are under attack if that's something you actually care about as a government. They haven't even made strong statements against either, as useless as that would be.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
The federal government doing nothing about Ontario privatizing autism healthcare or Québec's Animal Farm religious symbols bill pisses me off. The federal Liberals have been using "they'll privatize healthcare" as an attack for about as long as I've been following politics and they talk a big game about protecting minority rights. Both are under attack and it's been crickets

There's talk of a national autism strategy that Liberal MPs have been telling their constituents. There's been talk for years but it never got anywhere.

I don't know if anything will come out of it but the LPC are listening on this.

Maybe JT will make it part of his campaign but I don't think the government can afford to do what's necessary.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
The federal government doing nothing about Ontario privatizing autism healthcare or Québec's Animal Farm religious symbols bill pisses me off. The federal Liberals have been using "they'll privatize healthcare" as an attack for about as long as I've been following politics and they talk a big game about protecting minority rights. Both are under attack and it's been crickets.

Ontario shouldn't receive a penny more of Canada Health Act funding from the federal government until they unprivatize autism care and all discretionary spending and funding in Quebec should be cut off until they stop targeting some Muslims, Sikhs, and Jews with their "secularism" law.

You actually have to stand up when healthcare and minority rights are under attack if that's something you actually care about as a government. They haven't even made strong statements against either, as useless as that would be.

The delivery and administration of health care is done at the provincial level. The federal government has no say outside of further funding.

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017

Religious persons are not a group that is usually recognize as a minority.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
I though the cons climate plan was supposed to be out yesterday? Or did I miss it?

Does it mention all the important research they're doing to figure out legal ways to sue environmentalists?

You didn't miss anything. Their plan is a joke.

Also there is nothing in there about how they will handle all the methane that is generated by Doug Ford's farts.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Autism treatment doesn't fall under healthcare. It should.

They can amend the Canada Health Act for that.

That would require months of debate heading into an election year that would be another thing the government would have to have he provinces and territories agree to.

maybe don't vote for a guy like ford the next time.

The federal Liberal government can't bail out provinces every time the people elected a donkey.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I'm willing to accept Ontario as the sacrificial lamb to prevent the Cons from winning this fall. Please destroy this province even more Dougie.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
In not political news, if you're in Toronto area you should really go see this Brian Jungan show at the AGO that is starting today and running until late August. The Vancouver Art Gallery has a number of his pieces and shows them from time to time and his work is fantastic.

How this B.C. artist uses sliced up Air Jordans to connect with his Indigenous roots
Brian Jungen's 20-year career will be on display this summer at the Art Gallery of Ontario

Indigenous art and Nike Air Jordans have a lot in common, says Brian Jungen.

The B.C. artist from Doig River First Nation is known for transforming everyday objects into extraordinary sculptures, and the iconic basketball shoes are one of his favourite materials to work with.

His fascination began in the '90s on a trip to New York City, when he saw Air Jordans lined up at a Nike store in "museum-like display cases."

"I had actually that same day been at the Museum of Natural History and I saw ... a lot of Indigenous artwork that's kind of still in the realm of the science museum, and that was kind of upsetting to me," Jungen told As It Happens host Carol Off.

"Seeing how ... those objects became fetishized and held up as specimens of nature rather than being put in an art museum, that got me thinking about how other objects are treated in a very different way — like putting sneakers behind glass."

Starting Thursday, Jungen's life's work will be on display at Toronto's Art Gallery of Ontario in a new exhibit called Brian Jungen: Friendship Centre.

q43DPRZ.jpg

I'd honestly even consider flying out and basing a little Toronto vacation around checking this out, but I've exhausted all my vacation for the year.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
That would require months of debate heading into an election year that would be another thing the government would have to have he provinces and territories agree to.

You're absolutely correct, this shit should have been done a long time ago in a less polarized political climate.

Still Trudeau can at least oppose Ford if necessary, Scheer will flat out make his job easier.

Ford lied, he said he'd add money to the autism file.

Amy Fee is an MPP parent of autistic children who went door to door and told constituents that she'd fight for them. She's been invisible.

The OPC actively campaigned with parents when Wynne made really bad changes to the program. People thought they'd be allies.

Yes I know the signs were all there with Ford and most of the autism community votes NDP anyway (which is why he's fucking us over) but people trusted them.

Yes people are dumb for trusting them but this was a massive con job that's now hurting kids out of spite and stupidity.

Last edited:

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Is it funny? Nothing out of the norm about the NDP not getting media attention. It's just expected at this point.

They get attention if it's bad news.

Like the fake news about Scheer and his mansion.

I think that's part of the reason the NDP is dead in the water. Media doesn't report on them much and the NDP doesn't go out of the way to get their message out.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

The federal Liberal government can't bail out provinces every time the people elected a donkey.

Honestly, the entire Canada Health Act is going to be dead in the water over the next couple years.

In this polarized climate there is no way in hell it is getting any more enhancements. Our time to fix it and add all of these massive gaping holes which scientists, economists and policy experts have been saying we have needed for decades, was decades ago when things were less turbulent. Our last chance to fix this was when Justin was elected his majority 3 years ago when he still had the support of almost every single major and minor province (including Alberta, FUCKING Alberta for crying out loud).

Today though? There is a greater chance of the Large Hadron Collier tearing open a hole in the space time continuum and swollowing the Earth whole than there is the Conservatives federally or provincially agreeing to improve our services.

The Pharmacare report comes out and for the millionth time reaffirms what we have been saying for decades? No province Is going to budge on that. Trudeau can make it a core part of his election platform and scream it from the rooftops. Even if he gets elected the provinces won't move a nanometer on that front.

Autism support? Same thing. Ford isn't going to back off on his cuts that easily. They won't give Trudeau that win. They are petty like that. I mean we are talking about the people who killed a fully functional transit plan that would have solved all of their problems that was being gifted to them for free from higher levels of government.

They do not care one bit about what is right. They just want to inflict pain.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
They get attention if it's bad news.

Like the fake news about Scheer and his mansion.

I think that's part of the reason the NDP is dead in the water. Media doesn't report on them much and the NDP doesn't go out of the way to get their message out.

Yup, and releasing it (climate plan) the day before the raptors parade was pretty telling.

Last edited:

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
More proof that Scheer is a shitheel:

Gets asked about Autism and says we need to stop Trudeau first. Blames Trudeau for what Ford is doing LOL.

Also puts out Mike Lake who's also an autism parent just like the OPC put out Amy Fee. These assholes can afford therapy.

Same fucking strategy.

FFS I will lose it if people in this country elect this sack of shit.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Wow, the Ontario cabinet shuffle is quite large, I wonder if there will be a revolt

Yeah, I was laughing this morning. Thompson, Mulroney and McLeod debased themselves and are now on the fringe of cabinet. I wonder if tossing aside any shred of principle they may have had for a shot at the brass ring was worth it for them. I almost feel bad for them (I don't).

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
BARF. Where do they find these people that they put the Conservatives ahead of the Liberals or the NDP on Environmental Issues.

Last edited:

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017

That seems like rhetorical questions. HINT: Election is coming.

Andy just told everyone to vote Green.

Questions like these are terrible polling questions and don't mean much. It really doesn't mean what Scheer thinks it does. I mean if you don't believe in climate change then of course Scheer is the best option.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I know.

Our only hope is Ford dragging him down at this point.

I'm really hopping for this. the Ford factor is not to be underestimated as it's been given the entire summer to fester. Queen's Park isn't even sitting and now 800 layoffs is the new reality? Suddenly the remote harm of whatever came from the SNC affair is dwarfed from the actual felt consequences of conservative level austerity. This will hopefully chip away in Ontario and all of a sudden Ontarians have to ask themselves if they can bear the brunt of 2 levels of conservative rule.

This is like some bullshit levels of the Doran Master plan.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck even is that poll??

Why does everything make me want to scream.

I just need a minority government either way. I know firehawk12 correctly pointed out that a con minority would still have a lot of power, but man. I just cannot with a majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.