• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This is the reason why when that person called Lisa Macleod a "c***" I didn't consider it a big deal. It pales in comparison what the right do to politicians they don't like. Geez, even i didn't waste my time making up Harper piñatas with a noose.
You probably don't own a bar though. lol

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Yay! Was just in Montreal. pls finish fixing your roads so all your bus routes aren't all over the place/delayed/moved stops. Our google maps were useless for bus schedules and routes lol.

Also please please please kick Ford in the nuts and finish Toronto's transit expansions and upgrades.

I noticed that Montreal subways are maybe twice as fast as Toronto trains, but also twice as loud. Hard to have any conversation when riding the trains.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Yay! Was just in Montreal. pls finish fixing your roads so all your bus routes aren't all over the place/delayed/moved stops. Our google maps were useless for bus schedules and routes lol.

Also please please please kick Ford in the nuts and finish Toronto's transit expansions and upgrades.

I noticed that Montreal subways are maybe twice as fast as Toronto trains, but also twice as loud. Hard to have any conversation when riding the trains.
yaeh Montreal and Quebec roads are a disaster, hopeless

that's what happens when you let the mafia control unions, construction and private contractors

Last edited:

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I hate driving on montreal's elevated freeway. Their roads are so old they have tire groves on the road. It's the weirdest thing.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
So CBC is distorting public perceptions now. This recent article states that people are less accepting to refugees now than before.

Although it might be true as a snapshot. The historical trend has shown public perception has improved over the years.

Historical context is important here.

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
As someone who's unaware of Nova Scotian politics, why's McNeil so hated?

He and his government are ignoring the crisis in all of NS outside of Halifax in regards to spending, and as the increasingly older population literally die with inadequate healthcare services, or any ambulance/ER service at all for hours, or days at a time, people rightfully hate him.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The Indigenous support cratering was all but guaranteed. But losing new voters, which many people credit with getting Trudeau elected, should be distressing to the LPC. But at least they're not turning to the CPC.

If you've ever wondered why there are so many ridings in BC and the Prairies that seem to be races between NDP and Conservatives, then you should give this a listen, because Cullen explains the dynamics.

He touches on a really good point about how the rash of "Western alienation" in modern Canada that modern Conservatives "dine out on" (in Cullen's words) was an effect of poll results in the east being released before people out West had even finished voting, causing a broad sense, whether true or not, that the Western vote had little to no value. It's easy to see how that could be discouraging to some, having the election called before some people even make it home to see the result; that kind of situation has a strong symbolic impact. And I think a true nail in the coffin there would come if Elections Canada had the stones to either delay the count or not report results until all polls have closed. Because even their 2015 setup, as much as it could be lauded as a great effort towards preventing this, wasn't free from this occurrence.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
The western vote has no value because they never change their vote. There's no sense pandering to a segment of the country if you know they'll just vote conservative.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
So CBC is distorting public perceptions now. This recent article states that people are less accepting to refugees now than before

I'm sure the increased anti-immigrant rhetoric online due to Trump etc. has nothing to do with it.

Just the headline implies people think refugees are "unskilled".

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Western Aliens are a bunch of 1st world whiners
And unfortunately they see Quebec in a similar light so it makes for a pretty shitty situation.

The western vote has no value because they never change their vote. There's no sense pandering to a segment of the country if you know they'll just vote conservative.
And not only that, but ironically the same "Western alienation" people don't realize that the current system is the only reason their dumb fuck votes are worth what they are. If we had electoral reform the 50+ percent of us who don't vote for the CPC would actually have our voices reflected more accurately in results.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Western Aliens are a bunch of 1st world whiners
You'll get no disagreement from me on this, but it is still a pervasive feeling that threatens national unity all the same, especially when Conservatives in the west actively stoke that fire, not unlike your much-loathed Quebec separatist parties.
And that's primarily happened because of what I said above. Conservatives take advantage of a feeling held by many western Canadians and the other parties, while not using it to their advantage explicitly, either do very little to fix it (thus letting the CPC continue to drive a wedge in there) or do not invoke it but reap the benefit of it to maintain their foothold in Canadian politics as the leftist party of note in the west (*coughNDPcough*).

And your statement is only true of very recent history. Saskatchewan was a Liberal stronghold between 1900 and 1940, flipped back and forth between Liberals and the CCP/NDP from 1945 to 1957, then went all-in on Prince Albert boy Diefenbaker, which carried the PCs all the way through to 1988, when Saskatchewan overwhelmingly voted for Broadbent's NDP, then split down the middle between Chretien's Liberals and McLaughlin's NDP in 1993, rejecting Preston Manning's Reform Party at first glance. So your statement really could only apply to Alberta, who's been some shade of Conservative for the better part of a century. BC and Manitoba's history of political allegiance is just as mixed. But thanks for painting us all with the same brush based on the past few decades, all the same.

There's an opportunity for the left to make major in-roads in Saskatchewan, but that involves putting in the effort and stomping out the "Western alienation" plague. And I'm eager to see any of the parties make even a single move that could put an end to it. My hope is that Premier Moe's impotent effort to stick it to the federal government takes some of the teeth out of the notion that being adversarial gets you anywhere.

Last edited:

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I wholeheartedly agree. The feds bought a pipeline to keep my province busy (which will likely directly employ me at some point) and it still isn't enough for some.

Seriously. First nations are still fighting for drinking water and Kenny acting all juvenile. We in the "east" see what's going on which just inflammes the resentment in central canada.

Alberta we see you with those oil subsidies! ;)

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Quebec Nationalistes and Albertan Western Aliens are so oddly so similar and both end up bitching about the other
Well, in both cases, it keeps conservatives in power so long as they do, so the CPC/provincial conservative parties in the west and the predominantly-conservative separatist parties in Quebec have a very vested interest in keeping the squabble going.

And the continued spectre of separatism, both east and west, also ensures that politicians are paralyzed by the idea of re-opening the constitution to make some very urgent changes to the way our government functions.

Their anguish sustains me.
Considering that squabble keeps people voting against Liberals and the left, that seems like a pretty high cost to pay for such a petty satisfaction.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Well, in both cases, it keeps conservatives in power so long as they do, so the CPC/provincial conservative parties in the west and the predominantly-conservative separatist parties in Quebec have a very vested interest in keeping the squabble going.

Considering that squabble keeps people voting against Liberals and the left, that seems like a pretty high cost to pay for such a petty satisfaction.

Western provinces are a write off. Liberals practically won with the maritimes, Quebec and Ontario in the last election. There is nothing a liberal/ndp leader can do to placate those doofus' out west. Not even in the urban centres of Edmonton and Calgary. Liberals won what, 3 seats in a change year?

So I really don't give a shit about them.

At least in Texas there's hope. Alberta and Saskatchewan, pfft.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
the biggest difference between Quebec Nationalistes and Western Aliens electorally is that Quebec Nationalistes split the vote between the Bloc and the Conservatives... especially on Identity Politics concerning "Quebec Values" LOL

The Liberals are the only party in Quebec that does not compete for the Nationaliste Vote so they are on their own lane of Centrist Federalism

Bloc's Blanchet can actually hit Scheeeer during the debates and it's guaranteed that the Bloc leader will bring up Abortion to try to differentiate themselves from the Conservatives.

Abortion is Scheeeer's Achiles heel

Last edited:

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
the biggest difference between Quebec Nationalistes and Western Aliens electorally is that Quebec Nationalistes split the vote between the Bloc and the Conservatives... especially on Identity Politics concerning "Quebec Values" LOL

The Liberals are the only party in Quebec that does not compete for the Nationaliste Vote so they are on their own lane of Centrist Federalism

Bloc's Blanchet can actually hit Scheeeer during the debates and it's guaranteed that the Bloc leader will bring up Abortion to try to differentiate themselves from the Conservatives.

Abortion is Scheeeer's Achiles heel

Exactly, the regional politics force all left leaning parties to lean to quebec and ontario. Why would any party parlay with Alberta when you know they'll vote conservative despite buying a pipeline for them. Alberta is the floor, not the ceiling for conservative parties.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Western provinces are a write off. Liberals practically won with the maritimes, Quebec and Ontario in the last election. There is nothing a liberal/ndp leader can do to placate those doofus' out west. Not even in the urban centres of Edmonton and Calgary. Liberals won what, 3 seats in a change year?

History suggests otherwise. But it's OK if you want to selectively ignore that. I guess the 51% who voted against Conservatives in Saskatchewan in the last election are "doofuses"? Cool, good to know that we can all pack it in and stop trying, I guess.

So much for ABC principles if we're just going to make it consistently more difficult to keep Conservatives out by just conceding and giving the Tories freebie seats, I guess. May as well not even hold the election here, djkimothy believes there's no capacity for change whatsoever and should just have the CPC permanently etched into the electoral map across my entire province.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
It's kind of strange for a Federalist like me to be praising the Bloc playing spoiler against the Conservatives which ends up benefiting the Liberals

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's kind of strange for a Federalist like me to be praising the Bloc playing spoiler against the Conservatives which ends up benefiting the Liberals
It's tough to argue against a net positive result. It's no different than people on the left in the rest of Canada eerily cheering on the People's Party. Or me taking some solace in the CAQ being elected because they're going to bring electoral reform and get that ball rolling. Or Ford's shit performance hurting the CPC's chances.

Silver linings in politics are OK to be happy about, especially when the die is already cast anyways.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
History suggests otherwise. But it's OK if you want to selectively ignore that. I guess the 51% who voted against Conservatives in Saskatchewan in the last election are "doofuses"? Cool, good to know that we can all pack it in and stop trying, I guess.

So much for ABC principles if we're just going to make it consistently more difficult to keep Conservatives out by just conceding and giving the Tories freebie seats, I guess. May as well not even hold the election here, djkimothy believes there's no capacity for change whatsoever and should just have the CPC permanently etched into the electoral map across my entire province.

Show me a capacity for change in the west. Notley won because of a divided right. I have yet to see inroads or good faith politics played out by western politicians. Voters will still vote conservatives. Life goes on. Have fun out there.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
BC though is the big disappointment of a Province.

Drunk on the JWR Kool-Aid + Western Alienation
Living out in BC for 10 years, I would say that many BC voters (possibly even a majority of them, couldn't say for sure) are very prone to hype and propaganda, more often than not. And yeah, I agree that's a problem.

Before they drank the "JWR Kool-Aid", as you put it, they drank the "Trudeau Kool-Aid", so to speak. While I have my misgivings about the LPC and their ability to follow through on election promises in a way that satisfies the hype, I was never one to fault people in BC for being for Trudeau. For all my misgivings, I figured we were in better hands, one way or another. But the way some folks talked about him out there, he was Parliamentary Jesus or "Canada's Obama" (actual quote from a BC voter), who would come into power and make Canada a fucking utopia; there was no political reality to their decision to vote for him, they were riding the "sunny ways" dopamine rush. And we all know what happens on this forum when something doesn't live up to hype: opinions take a drastic turn. And that's what's happened out there.

Show me a capacity for change in the west. Notley won because of a divided right. I have yet to see inroads or good faith politics played out by western politicians. Voters will still vote conservatives. Life goes on. Have fun out there.
Why are you bringing up Notley? I agree with you, Alberta is going to be an impossible nut to crack. But Alberta =/= Saskatchewan, I don't know how much more clear I can be about this. Our provincial politics here are drastically different, for example, with frequent 10-year off-and-on cycles where conservatives lose power provincially. I've given you plenty of political history from SK, but you've consistently painted Saskatchewan with the same Alberta brush, as the above post clearly demonstrates. It comes off as exceptionally ignorant.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Living out in BC for 10 years, I would say that many BC voters (possibly even a majority of them, couldn't say for sure) are very prone to hype and propaganda, more often than not. And yeah, I agree that's a problem.

Before they drank the "JWR Kool-Aid", as you put it, they drank the "Trudeau Kool-Aid", so to speak. While I have my misgivings about the LPC and their ability to follow through on election promises in a way that satisfies the hype, I was never one to fault people in BC for being for Trudeau. For all my misgivings, I figured we were in better hands, one way or another. But the way some folks talked about him out there, he was Parliamentary Jesus or "Canada's Obama" (actual quote from a BC voter), who would come into power and make Canada a fucking utopia; there was no political reality to their decision to vote for him, they were riding the "sunny ways" dopamine rush. And we all know what happens on this forum when something doesn't live up to hype: opinions take a drastic turn. And that's what's happened out there.

Why are you bringing up Notley? I agree with you, Alberta is going to be an impossible nut to crack. But Alberta =/= Saskatchewan, I don't know how much more clear I can be about this. Our provincial politics here are drastically different, for example, with frequent 10-year off-and-on cycles where conservatives lose power provincially. I've given you plenty of political history from SK, but you've consistently painted Saskatchewan with the same Alberta brush, as the above post clearly demonstrates. It comes off as exceptionally ignorant.

Why are you bringing up SK when i am talking about alberta?

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Why are you bringing up SK when i am talking about alberta?
Cuz you were talking about both and then opted to move the goalposts? Here, I'll give you a refresher from an hour ago...
Western provinces are a write off.
There is nothing a liberal/ndp leader can do to placate those doofus' out west.

... and from 20 minutes ago...

SK is part of "the west", is a western province and you even mentioned SK by name. So if you couldn't imagine why I brought it up, I dunno what to tell you.

Last edited:

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017

Provincially they voted NDP. To be brutally honest, there was a huge swing in sentiment in 2010-2015 and it was immediately apparent in the way people talked and voted. The recession has been a shotgun blast and perception has been Trudeau hates the province, whether it is right or wrong. Regardless of ones opinion on oil, the current bureaucracy has decimated the economy with no real strategies in place from a federal standpoint in how to replace those lost jobs.

Attitudes like the one you are displaying polarize and play into the east vs west mentality which is systemic within Canada. People have been genuinely struggling for half a decade with no end or answers in sight, perhaps calling them whiners when people are facing unemployment rates double what they were 6 years ago and potentially unemployed for 12+ months at a time, is not the best approach.

The place isn't full of backwards rednecks, regardless of what you may think and younger generations have indeed proven that they are far closer to center or left-leaning than previous generations. When facing poor job security across all industries, not just oil & gas and to hear people openly mock hardships and call people a lost cause, how exactly do you think that impacts poorly entrenched voters?

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Cuz you were talking about both and then opted to move the goalposts? Here, I'll give you a refresher from an hour ago...

... and from 20 minutes ago...

SK is part of "the west", is a western province and you even mentioned SK by name. So if you couldn't imagine why I brought it up, I dunno what to tell you.

Alberta is my main gripe, but yah I'll lump SK into them as well as I'm not convinced they're not any different than AB. But when I refer to the west it's alberta. No one thinks "well BC is west so we must be referring to them as well." AB IS the west. SK just wants to become them.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Provincially they voted NDP. To be brutally honest, there was a huge swing in sentiment in 2010-2015 and it was immediately apparent in the way people talked and voted. The recession has been a shotgun blast and perception has been Trudeau hates the province, whether it is right or wrong. Regardless of ones opinion on oil, the current bureaucracy has decimated the economy with no real strategies in place from a federal standpoint in how to replace those lost jobs.

Attitudes like the one you are displaying polarize and play into the east vs west mentality which is systemic within Canada. People have been genuinely struggling for half a decade with no end or answers in sight, perhaps calling them whiners when people are facing unemployment rates double what they were 6 years ago and potentially unemployed for 12+ months at a time, is not the best approach.

The place isn't full of backwards rednecks, regardless of what you may think and younger generations have indeed proven that they are far closer to center or left-leaning than previous generations. When facing poor job security across all industries, not just oil & gas and to hear people openly mock hardships and call people a lost cause, how exactly do you think that impacts poorly entrenched voters?

Alberta and SK has the highest GDP per capita in all of Canada. Don't give me those lies.

Because the "west" is everything west of Ontario and only one of those provinces (mine) is a lost cause.

You are the west! ;)

Honestly, you guys lump BC in this "western alienation" stuff.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Alberta is my main gripe, but yah I'll lump SK into them as well as I'm not convinced they're not any different than AB. But when I refer to the west it's alberta. No one thinks "well BC is west so we must be referring to them as well." AB IS the west. SK just wants to become them.
I've given you plenty, you just refuse to acknowledge any of it.
Alberta and SK has the highest GDP per capita in all of Canada. Don't give me those lies.

GDP is not a measure of population prosperity or QoL. Employment isn't even a part of the calculation. So from an average person's perspective, economy's not alright. For example, despite having a higher GDP, Alberta and Saskatchewan have equal or higher unemployment rates compared to Ontario.

Last edited:

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017

How is that distributed? What is the cost of living?

What lies am I telling? Unemployment is currently sitting just under 7%, it was 3.5% in 2014. Peoples homes are sitting on the market for upwards of 100 days in many areas, selling at a loss. The median property price is down 7% in 12 months in Calgary. Property taxes have gone up significantly year over year in Calgary to cover the shortfall in revenue.

GDP is a shitty measure, you're like Trump claiming the economy is in it's best shape ever because the dow broke 25k.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
How is that distributed? What is the cost of living?

What lies am I telling? Unemployment is currently sitting just under 7%, it was 3.5% in 2014. Peoples homes are sitting on the market for upwards of 100 days in many areas, selling at a loss. The median property price is down 7% in 12 months in Calgary. Property taxes have gone up significantly year over year in Calgary to cover the shortfall in revenue.

GDP is a shitty measure, you're like Trump claiming the economy is in it's best shape ever because the dow broke 25k.

Then talk to your premier. You have all those oil revenues, subsidies for your industry, no sales tax, and a 4 billion dollar investment of free pipelines. What more do you want from Ottawa? Do you see how we in Ontario roll our eyes whenever western alienation and how we "forgot about the western provinces" mainly alberta get brought up?

Eventually the voters decide on their governments. You had Harper throwing cash around to your wealthy elites for 10 years? How long have you had a conservative government provincially? I mean seriously. Now you have bars with pinatas of the PM with a noose around his neck.

Again, what more does the west want?

I've given you plenty, you just refuse to acknowledge any of it.

GDP is not a measure of population prosperity or QoL. Employment isn't even a part of the calculation. So from an average person's perspective, economy's not alright. For example, despite having a higher GDP, Alberta and Saskatchewan have equal or higher unemployment rates compared to Ontario.

It is a measure of wealth of a given jurisdiction. It's not my problem if your subnational government does not spend that wealth wisely when your premiers are acting all "resistant" to a federal government that just happens to be liberal. Have fun with your prosperity cheques.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Then talk to your premier. You have all those oil revenues, subsidies for your industry, no sales tax, and a 4 billion dollar investment of free pipelines. What more do you want from Ottawa? Do you see how we in Ontario roll our eyes whenever western alienation and how we "forgot about the western provinces" mainly alberta get brought up?

Eventually the voters decide on their governments. You had Harper throwing cash around to your wealthy elites for 10 years? How long have you had a conservative government provincially? I mean seriously. Now you have bars with pinatas of the PM with a noose around his neck.

Again, what more does the west want?
I'm not a conservative, nor did I vote for Kenney. Maybe you shouldn't act like a juvenile when you have no idea what GDP is or how it is irrelevant to QoL.

Now, can you tell me what strategies are in place for job replacement when a pipeline that is apparently being built with bill C-69 and C-48 hanging over the actual ability to use said pipeline. I don't work in O&G, nor do I actually care for it, it has little impact on me other than my tanking house value. However, it is clear that there has been little investment both at the federal and provincial level at diversifying the economy, with federal policy that is absolutely decimating said economy.

Texas has hope because their economy is booming. Alberta had hope when it was as well.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a conservative, nor did I vote for Kenney. Maybe you shouldn't act like a juvenile when you have no idea what GDP is or how it is irrelevant to QoL.

Now, can you tell me what strategies are in place for job replacement when a pipeline that is apparently being built with bill C-69 and C-48 hanging over the actual ability to use said pipeline. I don't work in O&G, nor do I actually care for it, it has little impact on me other than my tanking house value. However, it is clear that there has been little investment both at the federal and provincial level at diversifying the economy, with federal policy that is absolutely decimating said economy.

Texas has hope because their economy is booming. Alberta had hope when it was as well.

Maybe your economy shouldn't put all its eggs in the O&G industry? Maybe you guys should force your government to actually, I don't know, spread that wealth around?

Sorry for your premier but I got ford to contend with. But you know what? Come next election he'll be booted out by either the NDP or god forbid the liberal party. That's how we roll. Throw the bastards out. I had hopes that Notely would be re-elected but I guess I overestimated the provinces ability to actually be reasonable. But instead MOST of you guys chose that other guy. And I have a feeling it'll be that way a long time.

The conservative coalition below is made up of 4 western politicians. I'm sorry but this is the politics that the "west" chose.

Can you see how it's exhausting whenever we hear of western alienation?

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
NDP ain't winning here. 😆 🙁

Never say never. I don't believe the liberals will have their act together by next election. The NDP is all we got at the moment. I believe in Horwath but someone needs to light a fire up her butt and take FORD head on. This is her moment considering Ford is polling so low.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Never say never. I don't believe the liberals will have their act together by next election. The NDP is all we got at the moment. I believe in Horwath but someone needs to light a fire up her butt and take FORD head on. This is her moment considering Ford is polling so low.
OLP without a leader was polling ~15 points above the NDP the last time I looked. I'm very far left but I'm not kidding myself that the NDP will win Ontario any time soon. lol

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
OLP without a leader was polling ~15 points above the NDP the last time I looked. I'm very far left but I'm not kidding myself that the NDP will win Ontario any time soon. lol

Well, damn. I haven't been paying attention to the Ontario numbers. Still, she has 3 years to strike while the iron is hot. I mean, she can either become the leader Ontario needs, or make way for one.

I'm still pissed that Singh left, he could have easily help push the ONDP to better heights. But rushed his federal aspirations too quickly.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Maybe your economy shouldn't put all its eggs in the O&G industry? Maybe you guys should force your government to actually, I don't know, spread that wealth around?

Sorry for your premier but I got ford to contend with. But you know what? Come next election he'll be booted out by either the NDP or god forbid the liberal party. That's how we roll. Throw the bastards out. I had hopes that Notely would be re-elected but I guess I overestimated the provinces ability to actually be reasonable. But instead MOST of you guys chose that other guy. And I have a feeling it'll be that way a long time.

The conservative coalition below is made up of 4 western politicians. I'm sorry but this is the politics that the "west" chose.

Can you see how it's exhausting whenever we hear of western alienation?

No I can't see how it's exhausting when you have attitudes such as yours, you are part of the problem. You're carrying on exactly like one of those that you apparently despise.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
If you say so. I suppose that's why you chose to live somewhere that elected Ford and his brother before that. Generalizing populations is interesting I guess, even if it is completely idiotic.

I'm in Ottawa, not Toronto. At least our governments change. Not like evergreen conservative land in Alberta. And at least we're actually applying pressure to the Ford government.

Meanwhile you guys just LOVE your resistance!

angus-reid-premier-approval-rating-poll.jpg

Geez, i wonder why I tire of western politics.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Well, damn. I haven't been paying attention to the Ontario numbers. Still, she has 3 years to strike while the iron is hot. I mean, she can either become the leader Ontario needs, or make way for one.

I'm still pissed that Singh left, he could have easily help push the ONDP to better heights. But rushed his federal aspirations too quickly.

According to Ontario the leader of the NDP is still Bob Rae.

Ontario is firmly "centrist", they'll never vote NDP unless some party splits the right wing vote.

Besides Wynne, one reason the Liberals lost is they went too far left.

The only good news here is people don't support Ford's hard right agenda as seen by his tanking polls.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
I'm in Ottawa, not Toronto. At least our governments change. Not like evergreen conservative land in Alberta. And at least we're actually applying pressure to the Ford government.

Meanwhile you guys just LOVE your resistance!

angus-reid-premier-approval-rating-poll.jpg
Alberta just had a change in government... That approval rating is in line with any new elected leader. Meanwhile Legault who is within spitting distance of Ottawa has been in place for a year and still has a higher approval rating. I'm not exactly sure what stupid point you're making with irrelevant statistics again.

Status
Not open for further replies.