• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Because we all seem to be obsessed over polls right now for some reason. EKOS

Their regional breakdown seems to be an outlier compared to other polling data. atlantic canada polls heavily blue.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, the same Nazi scientist, as the result of operation paperclip, also took the USA to the moon via the Apollo program and drew up the plans to go to Mars for NASA as well. It's not like he was referring to goebbles or mengela or something.
Yeah, it's funny how people have to dance around that - it all came up again this year because of the Apollo 11 anniversary.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Because we all seem to be obsessed over polls right now for some reason. EKOS

Their regional breakdown seems to be an outlier compared to other polling data. atlantic canada polls heavily blue.

look at that Ontario tanking lol
EC03sUCXsAEn9gQ

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
That would be an awesome result, in terms of promoting progressive (and environmental) policies in Canada.
I assume that means the Liberals would govern with an effective majority for at least 2 years since presumably the NDP will be trying to find a new leader yet again and not bring down the government and I'm not sure what kind of deal the Conservatives would be able to make with the BQ and/or the Greens.

Which means more pipelines and deferred prosecutions I guess?

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Interestingly enough, Borris Johnson is actually steering Donald Trump to dial down on his China tarifs.

Macron still loves Trudeau.

Johnson and Trudeau want free trade between the UK and Canada

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think anybody doesn't want this. The main question going around is just how long we wait and how hard we should push the boot onto the desperate UK.

this, we can't do anything as long as the UK is still in the EU. I just hope the UK doesn't waste their time starting trade talks with the US. Then we'll never get a deal done.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
PKP showed up at the Bloc's Campaign launch event. Still talking about the Air Transat deal and evaluating what role he will play in the upcoming campaign. I take it his empire will go Bloc all the way.

The Air Transat stuff is really fascinating. He already used his empire to run an ad complaining about the Transat sale while owning 1,6% of the shares. If that isn't a conflict of interest I don't know what it is.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
PKP is a loser

He uses his media platforms to manipulate public opinion towards ethnic nationalism

He's definitely what I would call Trump-lite character and policy wise but he currently deserves his schadenfreude a bit though. At a time where media are waiting for handouts from the government his empire certainly is doing better than the rest thanks to his consolidation strategy. His competitors always accused him of poorly running his business compared to his father and yet he's the one surviving in the current climate.

He's definitely trying to comeback in politics and it's certainly not good news for the people here.

Oct 27, 2017
Right wing dickheads looking at photos of Trudeau and Trump meetings and concluding that Trump is the one with dominant body language always cracks me up. Every single photo of Trump meeting a world leader he's either submissive or bored or both.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
His media did get a big handout.

Quebec Premier Landry intervened in 2000 to prevent the sale of Videotron to go to Rogers.

La Caisse de Dépôt used public money to give Videotron to PKP

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Ezra Levant gets destroyed by Trump LOL.

Nah, not really.

Trump/his team probably saw the Melania pic trending. Then went searching for the first semi-popular tweet making fun of Trudeau they could find and it was Ezra's. The bit about about having a productive meeting is just to appear mature but it's as childish as it gets.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Thats a really good ad. They have a real shot at being able to finally hammer away at some of the more hard-lined Conservative talking points this election cycle. Somebody needs to start hitting back at Conservative talking points of them being "For the People" or "Good for the Economy", so I'm glad that the Liberals are making that a major focus.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
The 'Ford factor' and battleground Ontario

For every high-profile Liberal saying things like "the Ford government and Conservatives like them," (drink!), there seems to be a federal Conservative telling people privately that if the party does lose the election, it will be due to Doug Ford. "He's our Achilles heel," an MP told me just last week

Suck it you assholes.

I met with nearly a dozen people who work in the Ford government this week. Most of them don't think the federal Conservatives will win a majority in this election, but most of them hope they will. They freely admit they messed stuff up and that the five-month break they took from the legislature was intended to calm the waters for Scheer and his team. "It's the least we can do," one staffer told me

Like everyone predicted. It's bullshit that the provincial party can basically campaign for the Federal one. But if that's the case then the Federal party can suffer for the sins of the Ford.

But some are them are also kind of annoyed at how they're being talked about in federal Conservative circles. They feel like they're being set up as a scapegoat in the event Team Scheer does lose the election in October.

One high ranking staffer told me he'd been told, straight up, that if Scheer faces a leadership review following the election, his message will be, "I lost because of Doug Ford."

BiodegradableVigorousGelada-size_restricted.gif

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
The best part is how Smeer isn't even mentioned. He's such a nothing that it's not necessary.
Considering many Canadians still don't know who the opposition leader is or who is the leader of the Conservatives is, it is a good strategy to not give him any name recognition.

and LOL edit

ON TSN I just saw an Anti-Andrew Scheer ad paid by Unifor (labour union).
The ad: a guy at a hockey rink is plunking a loony in a Cola vending machine with the Conservative logo. Ford gets name dropped LOL

can't find the add anywhere on the internet

Last edited:

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada

I know we are still two months away but thanks Doug.

Also from EKOS: Toxic masculinity, the main force behind Conservatives while women still love Liberals.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Considering many Canadians still don't know who the opposition leader is or who is the leader of the Conservatives is, it is a good strategy to not give him any name recognition.

and LOL edit

ON TSN I just saw an Anti-Andrew Scheer ad paid by Unifor (labour union).
The ad: a guy at a hockey rink is plunking a loony in a Cola vending machine with the Conservative logo. Ford gets name dropped LOL

can't find the add anywhere on the internet

I need to see this. J'en ai besoin!!!

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I opened the thread to post this. We really need to be taxing more than $50 so it's really good to see that they're open to getting there.

They really need to start pumping up the carbon tax such that it makes public transportation and EVs more economically feasible -- preferably while dumping carbon tax money into transit infrastructure projects.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
People aged 35-49 seem to be big on the Green Party compared to other demos.
Would make sense. That demographic would be most likely to have young children. Meaning parents who are worried about their futures.

It's also the demographic where people who can afford to have already begun buying homes. And after the past couple years of wildfires, mass flooding, infrastructure disruption and extreme frost damage they are starting to feel it in their back pockets.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ironically, electoral reform would have elected a Conservative minority come October, LOL

The one issue that Trudeau reneged on is the one that saves his government electorally :P

Just because FPTP works in our favor once-in-a-while doesn't mean its the right thing to do. I'd take Conservatives getting the most seats once in a while if it also means they don't ever get more than 35% of the seats and thus never truly hold the balance of power again.

Status
Not open for further replies.