• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
5NQOc6F_d.jpg
as a strong Scheer supporter, I don't see how this is suppose to sway my view in any way. It literally just shows me what little Justin has accomplished during his years in office... nothing but empty promises.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
as a strong Scheer supporter, I don't see how this is suppose to sway my view in any way. It literally just shows me what little Justin has accomplished during his years in office... nothing but empty promises.

What is it about Scheer, and his policies, and his views, that you support strongly?

Last edited:

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
lol

I think despite JT's walking back on electoral reform and maybe one or two things or not going hard enough, he's done relatively okay as a Prime Minister if only because it required undoing a lot of Harper's garbage (unmuzzling scientists, bringing the StatsCan's census back, cancelling the less popular pipeline). The economy is stable, the stress test for mortgages was helpful (even if the new home buyer's incentive will undo some of that), relations with first nations and foreign nations have improved if only because of greater cooperation, improved social consciousness by maintaining that we remain a diverse and inlusive society because even if it's mostly lipservice it is still meaningful (thankfully he also did things like welcoming the Syrian refugees).

I don't know what Scheer would actually bring to the table but dumbstuff that will have to be undone again.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That Climate Action checklist isn't designed to sway "strong" Scheer supporters. Why would it? Why would you care about "empty promises" on an underlying issue that doesn't concern you in any way?

It's like whining about "empty promises" made to Indigenous Peoples in Canada, then revealing you're Lynn Beyak.

If Trudeau did something that isn't seen as an "empty promise" to a strong Scheer supporter, Scheer would run on a con platform to undo it. Doug Ford is perfect example of this. Make Ontario Dumb Again.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What's there to feel strong about in Scheer? Homophobia? Xenophobia?
lol, I'm gay and don't feel at all concerned about my rights should Scheer take office. I know he's made some poorly thought out comments about gay marriage in the past, and he's entitled to have his own opinion, but I believe him (and the conservatives in general) are at a point now of leaving well enough alone. I'm concerned about my financial future living in Canada as a full-time employeed Canadian Citizen, and my government should be too.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm concerned about my financial future living in Canada as a full-time employeed Canadian Citizen, and my government should be too.
What is Trudeau doing that's giving you economic anxiety? If that's your concern, why post that Climate Action checklist and complain about empty promises?

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
lol, I'm gay and don't feel at all concerned about my rights should Scheer take office. I know he's made some poorly thought out comments about gay marriage in the past, and he's entitled to have his own opinion, but I believe him (and the conservatives in general) are at a point now of leaving well enough alone. I'm concerned about my financial future living in Canada as a full-time employeed Canadian Citizen, and my government should be too.
I'm gay and feel very much concerned. You may have the privileged position to allow yourself to look past the reactionary, fundamentalist, and convert-or-burn forces he's courting, but I don't. Must be nice to live by fuck you, got mine.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What is Trudeau doing that's giving you economic anxiety? If that's your concern, why post that Climate Action checklist and complain about empty promises?
dude got handed a growing economy by Harper, then went ahead with tax hikes. Look at the state of our trades, and interest rates. I'm not saying those things weren't bound to happen by external factors, but I would at least like to have a government that is actually proactive. I do not trust the Liberals at all, or any of these other parties with niche priorities.

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
dude got handed a growing economy by Harper, then went ahead with tax hikes. Look at the state of our trades, and interest rates. I'm not saying those things weren't bound to happen by external factors, but I would at least like to have a government that is actually proactive. I do not trust the Liberals at all, or any of these other parties with niche priorities.
Ah yes that growing...recession that Harper's economic policies contributed to along with the billions he added to the deficit. Fiscal conservatism!

Also if one of your major concerns with the current Trudeau government is an inability to trust them, I have no idea how you reconcile that with Scheer's secretive talk to anti-choice candidates. Or how he refuses to answer why he chose a white supremacist to manage his party's campaign.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You're being intentionally vague.
Look at the state of our trades, and interest rates.
What about them? If you want to talk about the economy, let's talk about it. But you need to qualify your statements.
I'm not saying those things weren't bound to happen by external factors, but I would at least like to have a government that is actually proactive.
You're not saying anything here.
I do not trust the Liberals at all, or any of these other parties with niche priorities.
What are the niche priorities? Climate change?

What is Scheer going to do that will ease your concerns? If lower taxes is the only thing you care about, then just say that.

Costa

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Also lol at tax hikes. What tax hikes? To my understanding Liberals put in a couple tax cuts to compete with the USA's.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Lol

Ahh yes the Liberals and co have niche priorities while the great Andy has the white priorities eh?

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Tax on split income is one of the best things Trudeau did. As an accountant its crazy how a doctor making 500k can split income with their spouse and children and lower the effective tax rate by a lot. Especially if their children were in school and 18 you could give each kid like 40k in dividends and pay close to zero tax. In what world is that fair.

I loved how people didn't understand the rule (they should have had better marketing and explanation when it came out) as family businesses like local restaurants and others were not impacted at all but whenever They were interviewed they thought they would be paying more in tax.

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Tax on split income is one of the best things Trudeau did. As an accountant its crazy how a doctor making 500k can split income with their spouse and children and lower the effective tax rate by a lot. Especially if their children were in school and 18 you could give each kid like 40k in dividends and pay close to zero tax. In what world is that fair.

I loved how people didn't understand the rule (they should have had better marketing and explanation when it came out) as family businesses like local restaurants and others were not impacted at all but whenever They were interviewed they thought they would be paying more in tax.
As a fellow accountant, don't even get me started on how ridiculously long the carry-forward/back rule can be applied.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

Looks like Doug is emerging from his lair a bit early.

So that's Scheer, Kenney, and now Ford leadership wins that were rigged.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
Facebook Memories has reminded me that in the aftermath of the last election I predicted that Diane Watts would cross the floor and join the Liberals....

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
So, how much do you think this stupid Wexit* will get played up in Alberta. I already hated Kenney winning and now if I have to go through all this Wexit* bullshit and it gets play in the media will be awful. if somehow a Brexit happens I will be so sad.

Also, can anyone explain equalization payments in detail or a rebuttal to it as all I see are people bitching about it again on FB.

Just happy Liberals won a good number of seats and can do stuff with NDP. Hopefully some good bills get passed that help all Canadians and people in general.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
So, how much do you think this stupid Wexit* will get played up in Alberta. I already hated Kenney winning and now if I have to go through all this Wexit* bullshit and it gets play in the media will be awful. if somehow a Brexit happens I will be so sad.

Also, can anyone explain equalization payments in detail or a rebuttal to it as all I see are people bitching about it again on FB.

Just happy Liberals won a good number of seats and can do stuff with NDP. Hopefully some good bills get passed that help all Canadians and people in general.
Alberta/Saskatchewan don't have the population to make an effective protest movement like Quebec, so I don't think WEXIT will go anywhere unless, like in my fan fiction, Alberta teams up with Quebec to destroy confederation.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
And that they have to pull themselves up by their boot straps. But please, do give the oil companies billions.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Okay Alberta, time for you to separate now! You buttered your fucking bread, now EAT IT.

(Progressives in Alberta, please report to your nearest relocation depot. We'll smuggle you out.)

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.