CanadaERA COVID-19 Thread | Practice Social Distancing and Virtually Gather Here - All Non-Essential Posting Is Prohibited

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
There's been zero supports for small businesses in BC regards commercial leases. The official line seems to be "ask your landlord for flexibility" - a group of people known for their generosity. Either that, or go further into debt with one of the available credit facilities

Vancouver will be a ghost town for retail once this is all said and done. It's so sad

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
There's been zero supports for small businesses in BC regards commercial leases. The official line seems to be "ask your landlord for flexibility" - a group of people known for their generosity. Either that, or go further into debt with one of the available credit facilities

Vancouver will be a ghost town for retail once this is all said and done. It's so sad
The unfortunate part is that if commercial landlords don't offer rent/mortgage deferrals, the wave of bankruptcies will ripple towards them shortly afterward.

Of course, they'll probably ask for a bailout (and probably get it too) instead of doing the proactive thing.

Lebon30

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The sad thing about all these extras being given out... the only thing I'm going to have is GST credit because I'm unemployed since forever. :(

chrominance

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting that even Singh's proposal, which some people feel is either an overreach or the wrong way to achieve the goal of rent relief, doesn't seem to actually accomplish rent relief from what I can tell; it basically institutes MORTGAGE relief, combined with an appeal to provinces to I guess somehow enact some form of rent relief that's more politically palatable now that landlords are (more) covered economically? Either that or it's the same basic "mortgage relief will naturally convince landlords to enact rent relief out of the goodness of their hearts" argument lots of other people have been making, unless I'm missing something fundamental.

gutter_trash

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal

Figure 1. Cumulative COVID-19 cases (n=5,590Footnote1) in Canada by episode dateFootnote2 as of April 1, 2020, 11 am EDT.

Figure 2. New reported COVID-19 cases (n=5,590Footnote1) in Canada by episode dateFootnote2 as of April 1, 2020, 11 am EDT

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Just received my retroactive-to-March8 Essential Services premium for being grocery store worker: $303 made so far lol

Unfortunately, the way our paycheques work, there is some automated calculations done for witholding based on the weekly amount, so I got taxed at like 40% of my pay, so it's like that premium didn't boost my pay at all haha..

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017

Figure 1. Cumulative COVID-19 cases (n=5,590Footnote1) in Canada by episode dateFootnote2 as of April 1, 2020, 11 am EDT.

Figure 2. New reported COVID-19 cases (n=5,590Footnote1) in Canada by episode dateFootnote2 as of April 1, 2020, 11 am EDT
Those look promising...

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The sad thing about all these extras being given out... the only thing I'm going to have is GST credit because I'm unemployed since forever. :(
Yeah, I’ve been unemployed for 3 months. I’ve had a couple job interviews, but no dice so far. I won’t receive any CERB money even though there is no chance that I’ll get a job in the next 4 months or so due to COVID-19. Major bummer.