• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Ontario with +462 cases and 1245 test pending. 66753 total tested.

Patients Hospitalized = 462
Patients in ICU = 194
Patients with ventilators = 140

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, are you speaking of the company or rain forest? What happened?

EDIT: Saw your edit. That is interesting, considering they typically have to utilize the big carrier companies and postal service as their driver model infrastructure is way behind.
Yeah, sorry. I realized after that might have been a bit vague.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
www.unacast.com

Social Distancing Scoreboard

Our interactive Social Distancing Scoreboard informed millions on the changes in how people moved across the US during the COVID-19 pandemic.

This company did a scoreboard for US states. I'm wondering if there's a Canadian location data company now. lol

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Relying on Amazon for delivery seems like a bad idea.

I'm not even sure how it would work.
Why? An established large logistics network and warehousing. You now have a medical distribution network that was often working off bi-weekly or even monthly deliveries for critical PPE supplies that are getting decimated on a daily basis now. It will be a complementary supply chain that can deal with immediate orders that existing networks aren't geared for.

It's a smart move IMO.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Okay this would make more sense to me.

Yeah, because they are specifically in the Supply Chain management sector. Whereas Canada Post for example, is in transportation management. One flows into the other, but you need to have warehouses to store, and transfer product, before they can be picked up, sorted at a distribution hub, and then delivered.

Those Amazon warehouses are essentially going to become supply silos for us now.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, because they are specifically in the Supply Chain management sector. Whereas Canada Post for example, is in transportation management. One flows into the other, but you need to have warehouses to store, and transfer product, before they can be picked up, sorted at a distribution hub, and then delivered.

Those Amazon warehouses are essentially going to become supply silos for us now.
Again, I hope their workers are being treated like human beings now that they are supporting the government and can do basic things like take bathroom breaks.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Again, I hope their workers are being treated like human beings now that they are supporting the government and can do basic things like take bathroom breaks.

Me too. Hopefully now that there is a national and international level of spotlight on this whole crisis, there will be further scrutiny on AMZ for their bullshit practices. It's horrifying that not enough has been done at all regarding their labour crimes, but I hope this puts their feet to the fire a bit more because people will have an avenue of exposing themselves to the truth more with the added media coverage.

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017

Mostly I don't have much faith in their own delivery guys but to store and distribute, yeah I see how that would work.

And hopefully they start treating their employees better.

minus_me

Oct 27, 2017
They always bring up BC for testing but Alberta is by far the winner in this category, apart from the Territories of course.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
This is important for the large swaths of idiots out there still gathering. I was walking my dog the other day and at one of the houses there were 3 cars in front and like 6 people outside chatting. You need big number projections to justify harsher restrictions for the selfish assholes because they far outnumber us.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
www.unacast.com

Social Distancing Scoreboard

Our interactive Social Distancing Scoreboard informed millions on the changes in how people moved across the US during the COVID-19 pandemic.

This company did a scoreboard for US states. I'm wondering if there's a Canadian location data company now. lol

www.ctvnews.ca

Google's sharing Canadians' location data with the government, but says privacy's assured

Google is sharing its Canadian users’ location data to help politicians and public health officials in their response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
They always bring up BC for testing but Alberta is by far the winner in this category, apart from the Territories of course.

Wow, so playing medical professionals less really does make them more productive. /s

I'd really like to shoot our mini-me Trump that leads our province into space.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Insane numbers. So the BEST case scenarios are 3 to 15K deaths over 18 months.

In April alone we are trending to 1600 deaths it sounds like unless we take stricter measures, then it can drop to 250. All of this based on people following rules.