• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
He should send those troops and do what Bane demanded the government do in TDKR - nothing in nor out.

I'm ok with this!

Conservative foreign policy position in this is ludicrously dangerous. Considering China is sending more PPE to us than we sent to them, and they are too short sighted to understand the benefits of stopping a virus at the source.

Last edited:

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
This give me hope. Two to three weeks of this and hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Not to be cruel to the delivery driver but you need to report them to amazon. If that person is sick they will be getting others sick as a result (even if it's just a cold). That person should not be doing deliveries. You on the other hand did an amazing job to keep your building safe and I think should in general be ok due to your diligence. I hope the people in your building appreciate what you're doing for them.

Thanks for the reply. I did report him to Amazon, but who knows if they'll do anything. We did have a new courier today, who wore gloves and was (seemingly) healthy. No nonsense too, just piled everything in the corner and left.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Maybe he shouldn't have relied on honor system travel arrivals / quarantine for the last 3 weeks.
The problem is if it went straight to this then everyone would've jumped all over him. What really needs to happen is have measures like this right away for future pandemics. Shit needs to be law.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is if it went straight to this then everyone would've jumped all over him. What really needs to happen is have measures like this right away for future pandemics. Shit needs to be law.

That's what we have the Emergencies Act for which the CPC has been egging him on to do so they can scream dictatorship and power grab, which they did anyway after lying.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Someone asked the question about what more is being done with banks and the answer was not only unhelpful but factually incorrect. Banks aren't deferring interest. They intend to make their money.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't kow if it has been mentioned but they addressed why Ontario's recovery numbers are taking so long to climb, and apparently it's due to the brunt of testing being prioritized for potential cases rather than retesting/clearing existing ones.

TheTrinity

Oct 25, 2017
Which is fine, the same thing happened in BC. There were 0 recorded recoveries until suddenly there were 100 and then 170+. I figure recoveries are less important to know about, so it makes sense.

Oct 25, 2017
But we'll need recovered people to possibly go back to work earlier or provide plasma with antibodies for treatment if it proves effective elsewhere

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Yes.
Went up +409 on Monday, steady decline in up number since.

+368 on Tuesday
+326 on Wednesday

This is positive news for the other provinces. I hope it keeps up. Ontario being a week behind Quebec i think from the later March break. I'm hoping Ontario can quickly show a downward slope.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
My partner is a CT Tech working in Vancouver, said the hospital has been eerily quiet the last few days. They've cancelled anything that wasn't an immediate emergency. Very much feels like the calm before the storm. Fingers crossed the storm passes us by

Oct 25, 2017
Went to a grocery store.....a lot of people are keeping their distance and acting respectfully but there are some real pieces of work out there who loudly complain about how this isn't necessary, think because they are wearing a mask it's ok for them to cough repeatedly and not stand back from others in line =/

Astior

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 15, 2020
So... I live in Milan, I have been in quarantine since February 28th, I live alone ( my family live far away from here), continous isolation has been taking a toll on me.

I have been playing vg (even if I have completed everything I could afford), cook, clean the house 12 times, read every book I had.

Era any idea?

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Went to a grocery store.....a lot of people are keeping their distance and acting respectfully but there are some real pieces of work out there who loudly complain about how this isn't necessary, think because they are wearing a mask it's ok for them to cough repeatedly and not stand back from others in line =/

It always takes one or two bad apples. But as long as the rest of us are respecting each other's space, I'm happy.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's say someone has 2 part time jobs but loses one of them because the government says people can't work at more than one nursing or retirement home during the pandemic, are they eligible for CERB or anything?

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Great, my smoke/CO detector just died. Time to put on the hazmat suit and head to Home Depot (which has now weird opening hours : 6am - 6pm).

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So... I live in Milan, I have been in quarantine since February 28th, I live alone ( my family live far away from here), continous isolation has been taking a toll on me.

I have been playing vg (even if I have completed everything I could afford), cook, clean the house 12 times, read every book I had.

Era any idea?
boardgamearena.com lets you play board games against other people online, might be worth looking into.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Any benefit experts know if I'll qualify for this new $2000 a month benefit?

Lost my job in Jan and started school in Jan, do not qualify for EI until Aug due to severance.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Yes.
Went up +409 on Monday, steady decline in up number since.

+368 on Tuesday
+326 on Wednesday
I think there was a massive jump in QC monday because they changed how they report numbers. They stopped waiting for cases to be verified, and just report initial test results. Or something like that. I don't know how that would affect subsequent days counts (in case that a portion of cases come back verified negative from the previous day)

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Are federal student loan payments still due for this month? On Twitter, people are asking the NSLSC and there's not getting any replies (plus apparently their website has been down for a week).

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Let's go Canada! Unless AB and BC blow out numbers, we might be lower than yesterday!

We can do this! 💪

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
I understand the need for journalists to grill the government for important things. But today at the daily update, Legault reminded people that volunteer organizations needed more volunteers, and directly appealed to people who lost their jobs. And then later, he got asked by a journalist "Isn't it hypocritical to close down shops and stores and then ask people who lost their job to go do volunteer work?"

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I understand the need for journalists to grill the government for important things. But today at the daily update, Legault reminded people that volunteer organizations needed more volunteers, and directly appealed to people who lost their jobs. And then later, he got asked by a journalist "Isn't it hypocritical to close down shops and stores and then ask people who lost their job to go do volunteer work?"
I'm not a fan of the CAQ but Legault has been a rockstar so far during this crisis

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017

I don't want to dwell on the moral of it but it seems contradicting to the Stay Home message.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017

Era any idea?

Speaking of reading, have you tried ebooks, if you are unable to travel due to the isolation restriction? I find myself reading more often these days in a digital format while being at home. I was working from home shortly after this whole thing began, but ended up taking an extended staycation to help out my family.

Have you tried to watch some shows in a marathon viewing?

Also, you can definitely hang here with us, and discuss the ongoing news happening everywhere. Just interacting and talking online, can help give you an outlet to express yourself.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
going to try and limit my COVID news intake on this forum to this thread. The horror stories elsewhere are driving me to a panic attack

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
going to try and limit my COVID news intake on this forum to this thread. The horror stories elsewhere are driving me to a panic attack

I want to take this time to thank all the folks in this thread. We have been discussing logically, and sharing in a really efficient manner, to keep us all informed on the various happenings in each of our individual timezones across the country.

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Some companies are still not getting the message.
Just today I was shortlisted for a job, however for the next step, they want me to come in for an in-person interview on April 2nd. Which just seems irresponsible and unnecessary.
Told them unless they're willing to conduct it remotely I wouldn't be interested.