• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Been the same shit for the past 18 years.
It would be more encouraging if America didn't vote in Bush for 2nd term, and didn't elect Trump. They just don't get it. Now Donald is completely shitting the bed and bringing Americans back to war. What has being done? Nothing. He's still in power and so many Americans are now defending what he has done. American propaganda has been extremely effective at maintaining nationalism and patriotism no matter how stupid it gets.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, the administration should have known that a targeted strike on one individual would lead to Iran being so incompetent as to shoot down a passenger plane. It's complete butterfly effect nonsense. Iran fired the missle. The US and it's government have zero blame in this. It's only the Canadian position of blaming the US for all of the worlds ills that has us arriving here.

I think you've let your nationalism rot your brain. Absolving the US of all responsibility for their spurious unreasoned attack is idiotic at best and morally repugnant 'preventative war' apologia at worst. You don't get to blunder your way into stoking military conflict out of the blue and then proceed to say 'that's all on them' when it has predictably bad consequences.

Last edited:

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I hate Trump as much as the next guy but Iran is solely to blame for their incompetente.

If the US military takes down a plane full of civilians are we going to blame Iran?

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, the administration should have known that a targeted strike on one individual would lead to Iran being so incompetent as to shoot down a passenger plane. It's complete butterfly effect nonsense. Iran fired the missle. The US and it's government have zero blame in this. It's only the Canadian position of blaming the US for all of the worlds ills that has us arriving here.
The current shitty relations we have work Iran are directly our fault. We fucked over a legitimate democratically elected leader so bp could raid the oil.

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure it's the fault of the guys who didn't shut down their airports when expecting retaliation after launching missiles at a US base, and then incompetently confused a civilian airliner for a military jet that took off from their own airport. Trump should not have assassinated Soleimani, but that does not automatically make all collateral incidents his fault.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I hate Trump as much as the next guy but Iran is solely to blame for their incompetente.

If the US military takes down a plane full of civilians are we going to blame Iran?
If Iran threatened to bomb the US, had the capability to do so and the US accidentally shoots down a jet in its airspace in panic? You bet Iran would deserve some of the blame.

Nov 1, 2017

If a demented megalomaniac was in control of an army equivalent to the size of the US, assassinated a top congressman (regardless of how despicable that person is), and threatened to continue these attacks against your country... it's not difficult to imagine someone in the chain of command making a catastrophic mistake when tensions are so high.

We are not absolving Iran of their actions. But saying the US has zero responsibility of this tragedy is being ignorant of the circumstances they have brought upon the world.

Last edited:

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
If we get out of this in 2020 with our institutions intact and the new president to lead them, we're going to have so much work to do to get our closest friends to trust our asses. Nations in our alliance expect Iran to behave irresponsibly and cruelly. The fact that they simultaneously have to contend with an American government almost intent on making it worse? Sheesh.

Nov 1, 2017
If we get out of this in 2020 with our institutions intact and the new president to lead them, we're going to have so much work to do to get our closest friends to trust our asses. Nations in our alliance expect Iran to behave irresponsibly and cruelly. The fact that they simultaneously have to contend with an American government almost intent on making it worse? Sheesh.
And even then, there's nothing to stop America from electing someone even worse a few years later. It's going to take years and years to regain that trust... And even then, I have my serious doubts.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Comparative negligence? But still very low in the US part...hence the divisiveness (alluding to nationalistic bias). Or is it divisive because it's close?

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Billionaires aren't the only one saying this. It's been a hot topic on this very website since last week. The whole world is talking about it. What's the point of your post.
ok then why do we need a thread we all know it's comparative negligence, we need a billionaire to say it
This guy should be donating to koalas right now

Oct 30, 2017
Whoever tries hating on trump by defending the horrible regime of Iran, is more evil than Trump.
Let's see how far you want to take this reasoning.

We carpet bomb Tehran for a week because they are a horrible regime and they launched missiles at our air base. Thousands die. Can we still condemn Trump because Iran also has killed its own citizens?

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't blame the families of the victims at all if they thought their loved ones would still be with them were it not for Trump's actions days before.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Today I learn that many on Era would see no fault on Swatters getting people and pets killed from their phone pranks. Zero blame, they aren't pulling any triggers!

Last edited:

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The way I see it is kinda like this

Person 1 doesn't like Person 2 and vice versa. They both have grievances.

After posturing on both sides, Person 1 dramatically escalates the situation by pulling a gun on Person 2.

Person 2 pulls a gun back and threatens to use it, chaos ensues and the gun from Person 2 accidentally goes off killing innocent bystander(s).

They both have some fault here and if I was a family member of one of the people lost, I would be livid at both parties.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Trump starts a fight and Canadians are hurt the most as a result.

Even conservatives I know here who supported Scheer and (used to?) think Trump isn't THAT bad (even after literally everything he's said and done preceeding this) aren't willing to absolve Trump so quickly

May 29, 2019
I don't understand why people are unwilling to see what part Trump played (assassination at airport) in Iran shooting down an aircraft near their airport, but I know it's happening.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's say Iran assassinated the Secretary of Defense at either Dulles or Reagan international, then the US retaliated, while anticipating the possibility of airstrikes.

Don't you think US command would be a little on edge, especially monitoring the airspace around DC? Maybe even make mistakes?

It's no different than getting angry at swatters.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Trump starts a fight and Canadians are hurt the most as a result.

Even conservatives I know here who supported Scheer and (used to?) think Trump isn't THAT bad (even after literally everything he's said and done preceeding this) aren't willing to absolve Trump so quickly
There's a lot of communities across Canada hurting. It's heartbreaking when there's lots of kids involved. When this tragedy has had such a big impact on the entire country, accountability is going to be discussed a lot.