• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Seriously the CPC will probably collapse in Quebec based on info I have from people on the ground and graves hints and that will end the discussions of them winning this election.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Why? Because of that single poll?

There's no potential groundbreaking legislation on the horizon like electoral reform or marijuana in any of the platforms.

A bunch of small, important policies sure but there's nothing particularly inspiring.

It's just a "keep the fascists out of power" election, and outside of Ontario I don't think enough people know how bad the Conservatives are.

I hope I'm wrong of course.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
2FOPyIY.jpg

At least the debate gave some cheap laughs after the fact.

There's no potential groundbreaking legislation on the horizon like electoral reform or marijuana in any of the platforms.

A bunch of small, important policies sure but there's nothing particularly inspiring.

It's just a "keep the fascists out of power" election, and outside of Ontario I don't think enough people know how bad the Conservatives are.
I don't really see why a lack of groundbreaking legislation would favour the Conservatives.

It's interesting that one of the Quebec NDP MPs with the best shot of hanging onto their seat is Ruth Ellen Brosseau, whose initial election in 2011 was treated as something of a jokey fluke. That's kind of a great story; if she was an American politician, her story would probably have been lifted for the basis of some inspirational movie by now.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Voted today. Won't matter at all but I still feel good about it. Candidate for my riding even called me asking about what concerns I have this election and thanked me for ongoing support. I can only imagine that means donations for that colour in this riding aren't common lol.

TIL that clothes are a Christian invention and that pre-Christian and non-Christian civilizations don't cover their bodies
This thread very educational that way.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
I am in the Vancouver Granville riding a lot and I am seeing way more JWR signs than anyone else. Second I would say is the Conservative candidate. Is she the ABC vote for the area?
The liberals are. The conservatives are not really that big of a threat in that riding.
I am just reporting what I see driving around and taking my kids to things. I see way more JWR and Conservative signs than the Liberal candidate.

It's wild to me that there hasn't been any Vancouver Granville riding poll to clear the air considering all the drama and interest there.

IMO I'd vote for JWR over the Liberal candidate, but that's me. I think she has support. I like the NDP candidate (strong, young environmentalist) there as well, but JWR seems like the more popular choice.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Voter turnout.

Conservatives would vote for a traffic cone as much as they would for Andrew Scheer.
But if there's a wilder, crazier traffic cone some might be enthusiastic about that. Especially if said pylon is the only leader with a real environmental plan lol.

I've seen quite a few PPC signs both in Edmonton and northern BC. And I certainly overhear enough bigotry and fake news to believe that the CPC isn't radically anti-immigrant for some of these people. Maybe PPC will play spoiler a bit.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017

Post debate Jagmeetmentum?

Seems like people liked his debate performance. Gonna be interesting to see if there's any discernible bump in polls.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Our media is at it again.

Shot:

Sounds like Trudeau is screwing over our troops right? Damn the Liberals!

Chaser:

Don't trust any headline, read the article carefully.

Burying the lede on why some provinces are overcharging the military.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
But if there's a wilder, crazier traffic cone some might be enthusiastic about that. Especially if said pylon is the only leader with a real environmental plan lol.

I've seen quite a few PPC signs both in Edmonton and northern BC. And I certainly overhear enough bigotry and fake news to believe that the CPC isn't radically anti-immigrant for some of these people. Maybe PPC will play spoiler a bit.

Ive seen quite a few PPC signs in Richmond. I really shouldn't be surprised given how conservative the ridings are, but still.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
https://www./news/article-7547781/C...orth-Texas-sexual-harassment-allegations.html

LOL was this Warren's secret weapon??

Apologies for linking the Daily Mail

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Our media is at it again.

Shot:

Sounds like Trudeau is screwing over our troops right? Damn the Liberals!

Chaser:

Don't trust any headline, read the article carefully.

Burying the lede on why some provinces are overcharging the military.

They know exactly what they're doing. People don't read past twitter headlines.

It's hard to see where this "Michigan moment" is located in the Forum poll to indicate a Liberal collapse. I could only think of CPC ridings that are now more than ever voting conservative. Skewing results even more.

++++++++++
This is going to happen after the election.

Last edited:

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Nanos nightly. I prefer poll watcher canada because they copy the graph to give you an idea of movement over time.

Singh's favourable's continue to climb at a snail's pace (positive slope). But he doesn't seem to be breaking through the way media portrays him.

Also,

Last edited:

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
I saw Jagmeet on campus yesterday but couldn't take a photo because I had a lecture. 😔

There were a lot of people though.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

Graves doing some hints.

Not sure what this evidence of turnout advantage is, that's a first.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
338 Projections are still having Liberals at 161 seats.

Look, following these twitter accounts, I feel are useless. We need to take two major provinces, and look at how it turns out.

If the Liberals hold their ground in Ontario and win the Quebec seats and Atlantic Canada, and in both Quebec and Atlantic Canada they have a comfortable lead, the game is over. If some BC Seats switch to Liberals it becomes a majority government.

As it stands, from looking at the two major provinces May maybe right, its either going to be Liberal Minority or Majority.

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there is a road to a Conservative majority this time around, there voting base is too inefficient.

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017

Holy hell. Alberta and Saskatchewan need to get their shit together. I am going to assume that there is something in Saskatchewan that has to do with lots of small business as industry emissions are very low. But Alberta is way above average for small emitters and their industry is just getting worse.

Obviously Alberta has tied itself to Oil and that will make them resist any green initiatives, but those small emitters are outputting as much as Ontario with slightly less than 1/3 the population.

Status
Not open for further replies.