• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Watched Singh's interview this morning and had to shake my head at him referring to people in Quebec who support Le Pen as the problem in Canada when he himself sympathetically associates with those who celebrate Sikh terrorists who murdered Canadians. Singh's a hypocrite and coward and won't use some of that so-called strength of his he claims to have against those Sikh terrorist sympathizers and at least condemn the behavior.
It was so funny hearing how many times he said the word 'you' in his statement playing on all that selfishness. We're here for you. you. you. not us. not together. you. you . you. This fake caring for the Canadian community posturing is awful.

On the subject of visiting provinces, it's good that one reported asked Singh about why he hasn't visited Manitoba, and has hardly been seen in Alberta, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick, PEI, and Newfoundland yet speaks about being a voice for Canadians. How is that when he doesn't go and talk to them.
The most interesting news this morning from a Sask pundit was that the NDP might lose all their seats in Saskatchewan. Libs might pick up one in the north with a solid candidate.

CBC radio had Kenney on and asking him about national unity and pointing out that he's busy campaigning in Ontario for Scheer. The Alberta pundit later was crying about empty office towers in Calgary like that's a sob story. Put some homeless people in them then. Wages are still incredibly high in Alberta and maybe if they developed more responsibly they wouldn't be overdeveloped now and have some cash in the bank instead of having pissed it all away when O&G were high.

I mean, to be frank, there's a pretty obvious reason why the NDP isn't spending a bunch of time busing Singh around the prairies - it's kind of a huge waste of time when the party is dead broke, in a campaign this short. He just has more money-efficient places to be.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Yea, I had a feeling we'd be in minority territory given how positive the reception to Blanchet was in Quebec after the last debate.

BQ fucked it all up.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
It's what most Quebec-ers wanted.

Ultimately, their xenophobia overrode sensible governance.
"most"
the CAQ only won a super majority with 37% of the vote but try to pass off their shit as if the MAJORITY of the population back their shit.

the Bloc's argument about defending Quebec's interests is bullshit because they don't represent my Federalist Liberal values

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
"most"
the CAQ only won a super majority with 37% of the vote but try to pass off their shit as if the MAJORITY of the population back their shit.

the Bloc's argument about defending Quebec's interests is bullshit because they don't represent my Federalist Liberal values
Is that sentiment widespread in QB?

How many actually share and/or prioritize those same federalist liberal values?

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
It was so funny hearing how many times he said the word 'you' in his statement playing on all that selfishness. We're here for you. you. you. not us. not together. you. you . you. This fake caring for the Canadian community posturing is awful

Sound familiar?

DrgQdbZ.jpg

They're running similar style campaigns.

Singh is running as a populist like Jack. He can do what Trudeau can't do because he will throw more money at it and do twice as much in half the time. Seems a bit ignorant of realpolitik. He's running against the elite and lumps the LPC and CPC in one category.

It shouldn't be surprising if some NDP voters see both parties as the same, because that's the NDP message.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
In the sense that the CPC and the NDP both are self-aware of their class interests and politics as a conflict of which parts of the population get more resources, yes, they are, in an incredibly shallow rhetorical sense, similar I guess, and dislike the Liberals for similar reasons, except that everything powering that rhetoric and general distrust of the Liberals is from a literally diametrically opposed ideological place. Because of that I guess there's some limited cross-over in places but generally speaking the kind of "wow these left-wingers just sound like right-wing reactionaries" is an incredibly tired line of discourse. Literally go any deeper than the surface.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Whatever.

I'm going for advanced-voting tomorrow; getting this out of the way now so I can wash my hands of this election cycle.

If JT fails to win a majority, then he needs to step-down as the LPC leader.

Oct 25, 2017
Realistically, what can Trudeau say during tonight's debate that will push things back in their favor with Quebec? All Blanchet has to do is repeat Bill 21 over and over and ask how other parties are going to cave in to whatever Quebec wants. Either way, Blanchet wins and screws everything up. Scheer's blown it so badly with Quebec that he's not going to change any hearts or minds tonight in his favor.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Have to sleep so won't catch the debate, so I hope you francophones can help catch me up! Thanks all!

Oct 27, 2017
Realistically, what can Trudeau say during tonight's debate that will push things back in their favor with Quebec? All Blanchet has to do is repeat Bill 21 over and over and ask how other parties are going to cave in to whatever Quebec wants. Either way, Blanchet wins and effs everything up.

This is because the Bloc doesnt give a shit about the rest of Canada. If Canada does what it wants, then it wins. If it doesn't, then it says "see, this why we need to leave." This is why I am mad at anyone here who said they were happy to see the Bloc eat at CPC numbers. Anyone thinking the Bloc is useful is a useful idiot to the Bloc themselves.

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Seriously the bloc will underpeform on e-night because they don't have the ground game yet to win above 30 seats. They have a decent leader but that is it.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
lol

Only about a week or so left so I'm expecting this election to reach its peak 'silly' stage very soon.

Also I expect the next two weeks' hockey night in Canada programs will be all election ads?

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Is that PSA being sarcastic about how Trudeau lied about changing the system or is it lying outright to people to get them to NOT vote strategically?

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
In the sense that the CPC and the NDP both are self-aware of their class interests and politics as a conflict of which parts of the population get more resources, yes, they are, in an incredibly shallow rhetorical sense, similar I guess, and dislike the Liberals for similar reasons, except that everything powering that rhetoric and general distrust of the Liberals is from a literally diametrically opposed ideological place. Because of that I guess there's some limited cross-over in places but generally speaking the kind of "wow these left-wingers just sound like right-wing reactionaries" is an incredibly tired line of discourse. Literally go any deeper than the surface.

I wouldn't normally expect the NDP to engage in demagoguery but there you have it.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't normally expect the NDP to engage in demagoguery but there you have it.

If peole think the NDP are going to usher in a new wave of politics and are above the fray from other mainstream parties then people are delusioning themselves. They do the same type of politics they accuse other parties of doing. They're just the same as other parties.

For clarity I speak of the misinformation campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.