• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTrinity

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, how's he coming up with that one? In any case, even if the conservatives won a plurality who would prop them up? No one.

May 30, 2018
He should blame himself for being so toxic that nobody is willing to prop him up

This is a parliamentary democracy, you can't get the confidence of the house then gtfoh

He seems confident on winning the most seats. Hmm...

No, it's just that he has a chance at a plurality, but no hope of a majority, so he's setting the seeds of discord right now. If he knew he had a chance at a majority he wouldn't be crying over this 24/7

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
intentions-de-vote-quebec_ORIGINAL.jpg
Léger fédéral poll in Québec

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Oh, cool, Bloc with the "balance of power". Just what we need...

Seeing how low the CPC's support is tells me maybe enough people planning to vote for the Bloc will be scared by the prospect of a CPC government and flock back to the LPC. The Bloc's positions are far, far closer to those of the LPC than those of the CPC.

CPC support went to Bloc though. They share a similar base.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Ohhh, I see. And we think it's the CPC talking up Singh and now they've given too much to NDP?
Yup. They tried to force progressive votes to the NDP by bumping the table that direction and ended up giving the NDP soft Con votes instead.
They tilted. Now they lost the bonus of trying to get the progressive votes to the NDP and lost the score they had built up while that ball was in play.
Kinda stretching that metaphor a bit far, but that's sort of my thing now I think. :P

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
CBC Radio doing a segment on the surprise revitalization of the Bloc right now.

Leading into this election people seemed to assume the Bloc would remain dead, but it has bounced back.

What do you think Quebec-Resetera, why has the Bloc bounced back in the polls?

Is it the popularity of Blanchet? Unpopularity of Trudeau and/or Singh? Unwavering Bloc support for Bill 21? The platform? It's tough for an Anglo to read it in detail but it doesn't look too remarkable. Anything in there that is grabbing voter attention?
It's this, IMO:
I really think it's mainly about Blanchet performances in both French-language debates. He was really good.

Also, the Bloc platform is mostly center-left with strong stances about the environment, which is a popular position to have over here.
Tiktaalik Gutter will tell you it's 100% nationalism/xenophobia, and... well, bill 21 played a part too but it would be grossly oversimplifying to say it's the only factor. Hell, if I were even a bit more separatist-leaning myself, I might have been persuaded by Blanchet to vote Bloc, he really surprised me with how sharp he could be.

Then again, I thought Duceppe was strong at the last debates too, and the Bloc got decimated, so... 🤷‍♀️

Oct 25, 2017
It's this, IMO:

Tiktaalik Gutter will tell you it's 100% nationalism/xenophobia, and... well, bill 21 played a part too but it would be grossly oversimplifying to say it's the only factor. Hell, if I were even a bit more separatist-leaning myself, I might have been persuaded by Blanchet to vote Bloc, he really surprised me with how sharp he could be.

Then again, I thought Duceppe was strong at the last debates too, and the Bloc got decimated, so... 🤷‍♀️

Yea, Duceppe always did a really good job in the debates

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Yeah this seemed rigged to put Trudeau in this position.
Legault orchestrated this on purpose, he could have waited after the Federal Election to dole out his more controversial Bills but no, he made it front and centre knowingly that it would trip up the Federal Parties.

Every idiot is complaining about one Obama tweet but nobody is complaining and all these Premiers injecting themselves into a Federal Election

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
correction, Premier Legault interfered in this election knowingly with his poison pill

I disagree. Quebec politicians don't care about the what or the when when it comes to the federal government. The CAQ government is not there to disrupt federal election, it is there to enact has much change they want before we revert back to the PLQ/PQ duopoly. Don't be such a conspiracy theorist.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
TVA's coverage is terrible. Can't stand it, they can't hide their separatist bias.

and on the other side on radio-canada they are bias liberal....and most radio are more bias conservative...

This is the only election that i go vote totally blind, i can't stand to listen anything, anywhere without getting angry.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
I disagree. Quebec politicians don't care about the what or the when when it comes to the federal government. The CAQ government is not there to disrupt federal election, it is there to enact has much change they want before we revert back to the PLQ/PQ duopoly. Don't be such a conspiracy theorist.
why not both? They obviously care about how quebec is treated by the feds

Langobalt

Oct 27, 2017

Same thing here. Isn't every PM the same? they all put themselves in the elections to get as much promises they can. Mayors do the same when it comes to provincial elections.

As far for the resurgence of the bloc that shit was written in the sky when all federal parties decided one way or another they wanted to force something on Quebec (fight for bill 21, pipeline for Alberta).

Even the provincial liberals warned Federal parties not to do that iirc and of course Blanchet being better than the trash fire leaders before him also helps a whole lot.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
It's this, IMO:

Completely agree with this, it's hugely reductive to just simplify it to xenophobia and Bill 21, because all of those xenophobic elements were already there to begin with. Blanchet is just straight up good at being the leader of the Bloc, like you say, almost so good it's a shame because his talent and intelligence is wasted there. He is smart and persuasive and has a decent core group of ideas to keep pounding on. It's an easy way to just dismiss the larger issue ("the Bloc is running a good campaign") so you don't have to engage in a more complicated response ("We could've done nothing, it was just Bill 21!") instead.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
The Bloc defence force hss arrived, I see
Can you not? Like, seriously, can you stop being like this for a moment? I know we're all stressed out by this election, but you don't need to be abrasive and sarcastic all of the time, you know.

I'm not even a Bloc voter. In fact, I think very few of us here are. I've criticized them plenty in the past. But Tiktaalik asked why the Bloc appealed to Québécois, and we're answering, and you are free to answer as well, but you aren't the only one with input in this. I know you're capable of giving your input without being disrespectful and belittling others, so, please. Do that.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
I'm getting worried that, with the hints that the Conservatives are faltering, progressives and people under 40 will feel like the situation is not bad and that we are not at risk of the Conservatives winning power.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT GET COMPLACENT!!!

VOTE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.