• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Ezra Levant being a fucking dick head. Globe and Mail can go to hell.

This election can go to hell AFAIK

Of course, no ink will be spilled here.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Levant is gross and G&M giving him space is gross.

You'll all be happy to know that I'll be on vacation the next couple weeks, so you won't see me in here obsessing myself into an anxiety attack constantly. Only occasionally :p

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Those are the best weeks to go there, weather still beautiful, tourism season winding down, kids are back to school

You're going to love it!, be sure to eat a pastel de nata for me!

Yeah, I always try to go outside tourism seasons when I go on vacation.

Those look delish! I will make sure I have one in Portugal :)

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
LOL, I'm like the opposite. July holidays for me! Bring on the hoard!

Too hot, too crazy for me! Haha.

Oh I'm jealous, never been to Portugal.

In Spain I've only been along Costa del Sol(Malaga, Marbella, Ronda, Gibraltar etc) and I went to Madrid for a few days as well.

Nice. I'm not a super beachy person, so I tend to go to places that have museums, art, etc. All the big churches haha.

May 30, 2018
Ezra Levant being a fucking dick head. Globe and Mail can go to hell.

This election can go to hell AFAIK

Of course, no ink will be spilled here.

giphy.gif

He called her a slave, my god

The audacity to cry about not having a platform and not even days later he's calling people slaves

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
lot of cranks in Langley, wouldn't rule her out from getting elected. Nice to see she's part of a think tank geared at bringing a "biblical perspective to our civil authorities" shit like that should be banned imo

Keep religion out of politics

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Scheer trying to keep this scandal in the news is so stupidly politically unless you're just trying to shore up the Bernier crowd.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Singh was on The French show. A big deal apparently. But this seems to be new.

Everyone wants them Quebec votes. I think that's his only shot left in that province.

Deleted member 5582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I doing my math correctly? Liberal tax policy claims to lift 40k people "out of poverty" meaning just barely above the federal poverty line which according to the "Dimensions of Poverty Hub" (why is this the name of this website?) is $37,542.

They plan on doing this by gradually removing the 15% tax on the lowest current taxable $2,931. This would result in appx $16.91 extra per paycheque.

I spent more than $16.91 on cashews yesterday. And they're giving me the same amount extra per paycheque.

Please just tax me more and and improve benefits instead.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal

Everyone wants them Quebec votes. I think that's his only shot left in that province.

video

at 5:00 minutes, he's says he is for Province Rights (hmmm who will fight for the sole citizen in a sea of homogeneous majority rule? not the NDP)
at 5:30, the host challenges him if he will be able to work with Conservative Premiers like Kenney and Ford.
Signh answers:
*IMPORTANT TO ALL YOU UNILINGUALS*** on Pharmacare For ALL!!!!!!! IN FRENCH!!!!! (he's doing what I always accuse the NDP of doing is DOUBLE SPEAK)
* at 5:30, Singh says that he will talk to Premier FORD about talking about Pharmacare happen nd talk money with Premier Ford.
SO, Premier Ford gets the final say for Pharmacare in Ontario

*at 11:11 the Brownface question gets asked; Singh diplomatically answered that it's not about Trudeau but about POC who live through painful events. Trudeau's judgement gets questioned. The Co-Host jokes that maybe Trudeua learned his lesson to stop playing dress-up.

so overall, Singh answered well on climate change, Brownface, Trudeau, Maxime Bernier.
But, he parrotted the NDP Double Speak in French about PROVINCE RIGHTS and would piss off some Lefties on this board about his weak stance on PHARMACARE when it came to dealing with Premiers like FORD because Singh is now for PROVINCE RIGHTS
---

in comparison to Jack Layton's breakthrough interview on the same show that was a game changer in Quebec for the NDP setting off the Orange Wave in 2011,
Singh did the his best he could but failed to match up and live up to Jack Layton's high bar interview of 2011
---

*disclaimer*
I have a personal bias against any Federal Party that advocates for Province Rights, so I get easily irked by any mention of Province Rights.
Federal Parties should represent constituents, not Premiers.

Last edited:

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Am I doing my math correctly? Liberal tax policy claims to lift 40k people "out of poverty" meaning just barely above the federal poverty line which according to the "Dimensions of Poverty Hub" (why is this the name of this website?) is $37,542.

They plan on doing this by gradually removing the 15% tax on the lowest current taxable $2,931. This would result in appx $16.91 extra per paycheque.

I spent more than $16.91 on cashews yesterday. And they're giving me the same amount extra per paycheque.

stop buying cashews? they hella expensive nuts! lol

if that is a biweekly paycheque, that's an extra $400 a year. that's a month's worth of groceries or a good emergency fund start

but i thiiiiiink the tax cut is a smart move for low-income people who "hate taxes" to buy in, while i'm sure other social service benefits will be expanded too. a lot of people think benefits are abstract and only understand the dollar amount of take-home pay going up before feeling satisfied. it's really hard to change that kind of mentality unfortunately, which is why it's so hard to get a lot of universal social programs launched.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017

He's taken this position at least a week prior fwiw.

*disclaimer*
I have a personal bias against any Federal Party that advocates for Province Rights, so I get easily irked by any mention of Province Rights.
Your boy Trudeau is still being effusive in Bill 21 so yeah. :p

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Last edited:

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
lot of cranks in Langley, wouldn't rule her out from getting elected. Nice to see she's part of a think tank geared at bringing a "biblical perspective to our civil authorities" shit like that should be banned imo

Keep religion out of politics
Sounds like a threat, wow.
Of course Scheer's party would throw bullshit like that around. Of couse they would... 😢

I flipped through their Christian Citizen Guide for a fee minutes and found this:

Who were the people who built this country and what did they believe? What motivated them to make the sacrifices they made for future generations? Why did they basically all see heterosexual marriage as an ideal and consider sex outside of marriage to be sinful?
And why did they oppose abortion? Because they didn't believe in "Canadian values"? Only a fool would say so. Then what really is the
test of Canadian values? The answer is Canadian history—Canada's Christian history.
Some may want to leave this heritage behind and embrace a new worldview of one stripe or another. But let's not kid ourselves and call
it "Canadian" or pretend that it's not mixing religion with politics.
The choice is not between religion or no religion, worldview or no worldview. The choice that Canadians have to make is which religion
or worldview will we be guided by as we move forward. What role will this worldview have in a pluralist country? How will the competing worldviews be given consideration in decisions relating to policy and law? We can only answer these questions when we get rid of the fallacy that the secular-humanist worldview is somehow "Canadian" and morally neutral and that policy decisions have to be made devoid of an underlying worldview or religion.

Scheer is continuing in Harper's footsteps in establishing the Canadian Taliban in Parliament.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
but a CPC government would be better for many, economically.
I would love to see some receipts if you still have them.

Cashews you say? Champagne taste, a true luxury like avocado toast. /s. Seriously though, all those conservative style promises of money in your pocket amounts to the same pittance. Crap rebates that make good sound bites but no real discernible difference to a family that lives at the poverty line. If solutions were as cheap as that it wouldn't be an issue in 2019. Government should provide more services instead.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
It just sounded so..... threatening.

Like when my FBI agent randomly texts me that he saw what I just did
lol

I'm just teasing gutter for saying a thing he said repeatedly said before. It's the same thing as saying "tell us how you really feel".

(Don't worry, gutter can take jokes as light as this, I'm sure)

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I flipped through their Christian Citizen Guide for a fee minutes and found this:

Scheer is continuing in Harper's footsteps in establishing the Canadian Taliban in Parliament.

LOL, regardless of English Canada, Canada wasn't founded by puritans, it was founded by Catholics. That's also why Canadians apologize all the damn time. Anyway even with that, the country has been very secular since well forever.

They are really trying hard to make this into the United States of Evangelicals aren't they?

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, somehow Bernier gathered enough people to run in almost or all of the ridings. I don't know how his slapped together party can do that and the NDP couldn't with its years and history.
It's super easy to get candidates when the moral and ethical bar couldn't be any lower unless you buried it.
The opioid crisis? It is a very big deal. It already costed many, many lives...

I don't think that decriminalizing illegal opioids is the right move in this context.
Sweeping decriminalization efforts had a positive effect in Portugal, both in a major reduction in criminal justice workloads (saving your tax dollars to be much better spent) and some of the lowest drug-related death numbers in all of the EU, along with a 60% increase in people seeking addiction treatment.

EDIT: this provides insight into our country's drug struggle direct from Portugal's drug czar:

Last edited:

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
video

at 5:00 minutes, he's says he is for Province Rights (hmmm who will fight for the sole citizen in a sea of homogeneous majority rule? not the NDP)
at 5:30, the host challenges him if he will be able to work with Conservative Premiers like Kenney and Ford.
Signh answers:
*IMPORTANT TO ALL YOU UNILINGUALS*** on Pharmacare For ALL!!!!!!! IN FRENCH!!!!! (he's doing what I always accuse the NDP of doing is DOUBLE SPEAK)
* at 5:30, Singh says that he will talk to Premier FORD about talking about Pharmacare happen nd talk money with Premier Ford.
SO, Premier Ford gets the final say for Pharmacare in Ontario

*at 11:11 the Brownface question gets asked; Singh diplomatically answered that it's not about Trudeau but about POC who live through painful events. Trudeau's judgement gets questioned. The Co-Host jokes that maybe Trudeua learned his lesson to stop playing dress-up.

so overall, Singh answered well on climate change, Brownface, Trudeau, Maxime Bernier.
But, he parrotted the NDP Double Speak in French about PROVINCE RIGHTS and would piss off some Lefties on this board about his weak stance on PHARMACARE when it came to dealing with Premiers like FORD because Singh is now for PROVINCE RIGHTS
---

in comparison to Jack Layton's breakthrough interview on the same show that was a game changer in Quebec for the NDP setting off the Orange Wave in 2011,
Singh did the his best he could but failed to match up and live up to Jack Layton's high bar interview of 2011
---

*disclaimer*

LOL yah. Althia may have missed that.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
LOL, regardless of English Canada, Canada wasn't founded by puritans, it was founded by Catholics. That's also why Canadians apologize all the damn time. Anyway even with that, the country has been very secular since well forever.

Sorry no. English Canada was founded by Protestants. Which is why the Irish were so persecuted, they were Catholics. The orange parades in Toronto every Sunday were just Protestants flexing on religious minorities.

Part of the Quebec act was to enshrine their right to observe their Catholic beliefs. English Canada was not Catholic

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry no. English Canada was founded by Protestants. Which is why the Irish were so persecuted, they were Catholics. The orange parades in Toronto every Sunday were just Protestants flexing on religious minorities.

Part of the Quebec act was to enshrine their right to observe their Catholic beliefs. English Canada was not Catholic

I said regardless of English Canada, not that English Canada was historically Catholic. I should've went into greater detail into my post but this is a video game board, and I already post long essays usually on here. I was talking about Canada as a whole especially (talking more Upper/Lower Canada historically). You can even see remnants of this in Ontario with the Secular / Catholic split for public schools in that province. No other place in the world even does that kind of thing. I don't know maybe Italy or maybe not.

Also we've had numerous Catholic Prime Ministers, compare that to the US who called it a breakthrough with JFK being their first Catholic POTUS, and Biden being the first Catholic VPOTUS.

We can talk a lot about the country being Anglocentric, but a lot of the Francophone history did spill into the country regardless (again referring to religious part but also in general).

And English Canada's Protestant faith was mostly of the Anglican Church of England. That is still different when compared to the US' various Puritanical and Evangelical roots.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I refuse to believe that figure for Japan lol

The GBR is definitely a typo! It's a mystery for now as to it's relative position!

In terms of Japan. From the recent videos I have seen, attitudes towards immigration appears to have soften as shown in this video. (Anecdote)

I don't believe Japan is as old fashioned wrt immigration as they used to be. There will always be pockets of examples of the contrary, but most seem pragmatic with their population problem and are pretty open to foreigners. Unless you're Logan Paul. Fuck that guy.

edit: oops, that video is more on foreigners. Here's one on immigration. it kinda overlaps but whatever,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.