• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion | OT2 | High on Shipping, Low on Deals

Dec 2, 2017
Bought Spiderman from Amazon since I had a gift card and it being the same price as Best Buy.

When I jump into it is best to stick to the main story missions and avoid most of the side activities ? I've heard they get repetitive

Oct 27, 2017
Bought Spiderman from Amazon since I had a gift card and it being the same price as Best Buy.

When I jump into it is best to stick to the main story missions and avoid most of the side activities ? I've heard they get repetitive
The side activities are really light. I’d do 5-10 mins of collecting then go back into the story. It’s easy to dive in and out of the side content to break things up. Very digestible.

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Getting something to get it over free shipping is also amusing as hell.

When I got DMC5 I ordered a box of freaking Kraft Dinner. I had to sign for it and everything. I couldn't help but laugh about how stupid it was they it shipped it on it's own. I would of "died" if I managed to get a bag of mr. noodles for $0.47.

Oct 27, 2017
I want to get a new Apple watch. Is there any good reason for me to pay a little extra for the S4 or S3? I've been looking at some comparisons, and it doesn't seem like the S4 offers a whole lot more.
Of course the Series 4... the new screen is amazing it terms of usability, it makes the old look so crowded and outdated.

Oct 25, 2017
30$ for the PS Classic is a good deal considering I want to setup an emulation box but man... The RetropPi UI with the online scrapper (and just network support as a whole) is sooo much better than having to use a USB key sticking out of your PS1 Classic to only get offline stuff

Feb 2, 2019
I ordered some stuff on Amazon that totalled $287. Instead of doing one charge they split it into two charges.

One for $165 and one for $122.

The first charge goes through and the second doesn't and I get the email saying I have to update my card. So I go do it and then it just hits me with another $162 charge again. So I have two authorizations for the first amount and now I dont have enough on my card for the second charge. Not only that I have Days Gone coming and it would have been covered with the sum but now it isnt because I have these two authorizations on it.

Both Amazon and the bank said theirs nothing they can do and I have to wait until it comes off but in the meantime the rest of my order will probably get cancelled for non payment and my days gone will be late.

So frustrating.

Jun 21, 2018
I want to get a new Apple watch. Is there any good reason for me to pay a little extra for the S4 or S3? I've been looking at some comparisons, and it doesn't seem like the S4 offers a whole lot more.
The new faces on the S4 make a lot more sense (they feel strange on the S2 I used to have). Otherwise I’d say it depends on how much you like the lower profile screen edges.

Oct 27, 2017
I got the series 4. The price difference wasn't really that bad, even if all I get out of it is a bigger screen, still worth it. Now I just need to get a Hermès band and I'm set.
Yea, I plan to get at least one Hermes watch, as a gift, maybe one for myself. They just look so good and the watch faces are a must have, which I don’t think you get if you buy just the bands? Should’ve sprung for the Hermes watch 😝

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yea, I plan to get at least one Hermes watch, as a gift, maybe one for myself. They just look so good and the watch faces are a must have, which I don’t think you get if you buy just the bands? Should’ve sprung for the Hermes watch 😝
omg, I didn't know there were actual Hermès branded Apple watches! I thought it was just the bands.

My research going into this purchase was piss poor.