• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stage on

Oct 25, 2017
I would never buy a game that's over 80 pre tax. Hell, haven't bought a full price game in a while thanks to pre order bonuses. Even the one game I want most of all, I manage to preorder for 50 bucks

The only time I buy at Full price is if it's both something that didn't have a pre order discount or from a series that I really wanted to support. The last game I bought at full price was Dragon quest 11 on ps4. That was because I've literally begged Square Enix in the past to localize more Dragon quest games and I felt like I need to put my money where my mouth was on that

claytonlee101

Oct 27, 2017
To this day I still remember the time seeing Chrono Trigger SNES at Future Shop selling for $79.99. I also remember my mom buying me Tobal No 1 PSX at Toys R US for $74.99. Actually now that I think about it, I kind of recall getting Street Fighter Alpha 2 SNES for $9x.xx at Toys R Us as well but not certain. Cartridges were insane

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
To this day I still remember the time seeing Chrono Trigger SNES at Future Shop selling for $79.99. I also remember my mom buying me Tobal No 1 PSX at Toys R US for $74.99. Actually now that I think about it, I kind of recall getting Street Fighter Alpha 2 SNES for $9x.xx at Toys R Us as well but not certain. Cartridges were insane
I remember Super Mario RPG at Toys R Us being over $100, it was insane.

canonj

Oct 27, 2017
$80 in 1995 = $124 today
$100 in 1996 = $153 today

$80 games don't seem so bad in comparison!

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I remember saving up and spending over $120 for Phantasy Star IV back in the day from a shop at Sherway Gardens.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah! PSIV was the most expensive new game I'd ever seen, and probably hasn't been beaten yet for a non-collector's edition game that didn't come with stuff like plastic instruments.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
NEW DEAL

Buy a $100 Amazon gift card from 7-11, get a $25 Cineplex gift card. (Can be stacked multiple times)

1000x170_smart_fit.jpg

Deleted member 56069

User requested account deletion
Banned
Apr 18, 2019
I did the Switch trade in since my Switch was a launch unit and had seen some rough days. The data transfer went mostly well, I deregistered my original Switch and was able to link my account to the new Switch easily. When I put my MicroSD card in it said I had to reformat it and it can't be used with this Switch otherwise... so I lost all my screenshots and videos. Not a huge deal but I imagine I did something wrong.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
If only there was some kind of store locator on some kind of 7-11 site. Sadly we'll never know.

Oh no! Ah well what a shame that would have been really useful, thanks for the kind input all the same.

Where do you live?? I've only lived in Calgary and Vancouver, but they're all over the place in both cities

Montreal, and looks like the closest one is...4 and a half hours away? Straight up didn't even know we had these things in Canada.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Does anyone know a Shoppers that sells PS4 controllers in Toronto/GTA?

Mine crapped out and really can't swallow the price so I'd really like to use my points.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

Mine crapped out and really can't swallow the price so I'd really like to use my points.

It's been a while since I last looked but try calling the one at King/Spadina (i think it's east of spadina). Fairview Mall (don mills station) location I got a controller from there a long time ago.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018

I have a brand new PS4 controller (sealed in box) I can sell to you for $45. I can also take Optimum points if you have points to burn. Send me a pm if you're interested.

Last edited:

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
$80 in 1995 = $124 today
$100 in 1996 = $153 today

$80 games don't seem so bad in comparison!
I too love regurgitating this corporate apologist fact without any consideration for one's disposable income decreasing significantly since the 90s due to rising costs of living that exceed inflation and yearly increases to average wages.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Remember buying FF3 SNES for 99.99$ at Canadian Tire. Also remember Phantasy Star IV being ridiculously priced like 129$ at Consumers Distributing. Blew months of allowance on these.

Pretty funny that one no longer sell game and the other one no longer exists.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ENIAC was built in 1943 for $487,000. In 2019 dollars, that would be $7.2 million.

Which means that spending $500,000 on your gaming PC is a bargain. I mean, you're not even keeping up with inflation at that price. It's a total score!

(Technology has historically tracked below inflation, as the novelty of it wears off and the tools for making it become cheaper and more widespread. The price of videogames is basically arbitrary, mostly based on large corporations trying to maximize their own profits while trying to squeeze their competitors out of the market.)

Oct 25, 2017
I remember doom 64 being over 100 at compucentre.

Also remember getting driven around to like 10 different stores to find wcw vs nwo for over 100.... Ugh

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Hrm, looking at my physical paper monthly credit card statement. Walmart's online store randomly billed me $0.01. Like for reals, billed, not a pending charge. I assume this is from the E3 preorders. Good job Walmart.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion | OT3 | Dealing Out Discounts Like it's 1997

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Fond memories of selling my N64 at cost like a year after launch, out of pure frustration for the ridiculous $89+ games and immediately buying a PS1 for $199 from the Sony store. $20 for NFL Gameday and later $30 for Wipeout XL, $30 for Suikoden. Now those were deals!

Looking back the PS1 was damned good value for money.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Does Walmart allow changing of Credit Cards or still have that weird free game glitch? Not trying to get free games unethically just am planning to change banks and credit cards in a few weeks and wondering my options before doing so. I don't really want to keep a cc and account open if I don't have to.

Oct 25, 2017
My theatre charges $15 per person. So when me and my brother go, it's like 34 bucks after tax.
We have gone less and less now. We would go every 2 weeks, now it's turned into once every 6 weeks.

Price hurts for sure, but also, I'm in no rush to see 99% of these movies. So usually there is a lot to watch on Netflix or me and my bro just rent from Google play.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember buying FF3 SNES for 99.99$ at Canadian Tire. Also remember Phantasy Star IV being ridiculously priced like 129$ at Consumers Distributing. Blew months of allowance on these.

Pretty funny that one no longer sell game and the other one no longer exists.
Think I bought FFX at launch for 120$ at a Microplay. That's my overpriced story for the pile we're building ITT. :)

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Think I bought FFX at launch for 120$ at a Microplay. That's my overpriced story for the pile we're building ITT. :)

Microplay always seemed to have inflated prices, even on disc games that were supposed to be way cheaper. I vividly remember them selling FF8 new for $80-$90 at one point.

Also speaking of overpaying for games, I paid an extra $80 for the OG Rock Band bundle for Xbox 360 from VGP since they had it a month before other Canadian retailers got it. No regrets lol

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I need MARIO Maker 2 in my life.

Anyone know the cheapest way to attain this elusive title.

I fucked up and didn't grab an e3 preorder deal when I should have.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I need MARIO Maker 2 in my life.

Anyone know the cheapest way to attain this elusive title.

I fucked up and didn't grab an e3 preorder deal when I should have.
If you don't mind digital, spending more now, and have a Nintendo Online sub., then the two game voucher would probably be cheapest (so spending more, but getting two games for less).

Dec 18, 2018
PS4 games are often unavailable on Amazon. Not sure why but it's nothing new.
If you followed the conversation, apparently "the entire province of Quebec" is considered a small town because they don't exist here. Always fun to learn that something exists and you're denied it in a brief amount of time.
Didn't know that. I travel a lot, but haven't been to Quebec. I've been to Ontario and BC. 7-11 are everywhere even a lot of small towns.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon offering same day shipping in Vancouver and Toronto was a nice idea, but it's available on absolutely none of their products (at least here in Vancouver). Surprise surprise, it works on any Echo device though!

Status
Not open for further replies.