• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Fond memories of selling my N64 at cost like a year after launch, out of pure frustration for the ridiculous $89+ games and immediately buying a PS1 for $199 from the Sony store. $20 for NFL Gameday and later $30 for Wipeout XL, $30 for Suikoden. Now those were deals!

Looking back the PS1 was damned good value for money.
I feel the same way nowadays with the Switch. I want to get one when the new versions roll out, but seeing things like Skyrim $50, not to mention every Nintendo game, no matter how old, still at full price, makes me look at my One X+Gamepass combo under an even kinder light.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
My theatre charges $15 per person. So when me and my brother go, it's like 34 bucks after tax.
We have gone less and less now. We would go every 2 weeks, now it's turned into once every 6 weeks.

Price hurts for sure, but also, I'm in no rush to see 99% of these movies. So usually there is a lot to watch on Netflix or me and my bro just rent from Google play.
I still go to the theatre every week but it's very pricey.

I like VIP and Dbox and those tickets are $20 and $25.

I wish they put Dbox seats in the AVX theatres. I'm paying $25 but cant get the better screen?

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I feel the same way nowadays with the Switch. I want to get one when the new versions roll out, but seeing things like Skyrim $50, not to mention every Nintendo game, no matter how old, still at full price, makes me look at my One X+Gamepass combo under an even kinder light.

Yeah this has kept many of my friends off the Switch, I totally get where you're coming from. Especially compared to PS4 Hits and Xbox gamepass.

By the way, I'm pretty sure nothing will come out of this but... Any current deals on Sekiro?

I bought it recently during the deal at WM (which could be price matched elsewhere). I kind of regret it though as it could be had very easily on kijiji for $50 all in but whatever.

Amazon currently has it new for $69. Otherwise I'd say kijiji, max $50.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone use Skip The Dishes?

cZZPhLd.png

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Technically a gaming deal, as CFL games... are in fact games!

We're drumming up ticket sales for the Argos at MLSE tomorrow, July 10 -- Argos Celebration Day! (you might see #ArgosDay on Twitter and other social platforms)

Use this link and my promo code to pick up tickets for three select games at great prices:
http://www.fevo.me/argosday
PROMO CODE: BUDDYJARJOURA

Full disclaimer: I am an MLSE employee, and this is a contest to drive sales, but damn if the deal isn't sweet, especially for the CNE tickets (free admission to the CNE with ticket purchase!)

Oct 25, 2017
Tell your MLSE superiors that I'm slightly annoyed that Leafs ticket prices went up again, 173 dollars for 1 ticket in the purples is just insane, even for MLSE prices!

Oct 26, 2017
Man, some of you guys were right a while ago. Amazon shipping has really gone downhill. Got slapped with the "we couldn't get into your door" despite the fact that they had my number. Didn't even bother to call me. Didn't realize there was carryover from crap Canada Post drivers. Not sure when I'm expected to get my stuff now.

So frustrating.

Oct 25, 2017
So RX5700 XTs look to run around $520cdn whereas 2060 Supers seem to be $630+cdn. Am I misreading these or...? Seems like a no brainer unless ray tracing is needed no?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
So RX5700 XTs look to run around $520cdn whereas 2060 Supers seem to be $630+cdn. Am I misreading these or...? Seems like a no brainer unless ray tracing is needed no?
I think you are misreading. The 2060 Super is $399 US, there's no way it jumps to $630 CAD. That might be the price of the 2070 Super, which is $499 US

EDIT: I looked, and yeah, that does seem to be the price points, you're right. There is a 2060 Super for $530, but they're mostly around $600. That's crazy.

My mistake!

Fairxchange

Oct 30, 2017
Yup, the 5700XT is a great card and AMD definitely hit the right price for it. It can trade blows with the 2070 and 2070 Super in many games and costs alot less to boot.

5700XT vs 2070 and 20070 Super

5700XT vs 2060 and 2060 Super

Oct 25, 2017
It's nuts. I'm assuming the pricing will relax a bit once things settle but dang nVidia is really hosing us with the exchange :S Oh well, easier to stay with AMD for my update this fall I guess.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Man, some of you guys were right a while ago. Amazon shipping has really gone downhill. Got slapped with the "we couldn't get into your door" despite the fact that they had my number. Didn't even bother to call me. Didn't realize there was carryover from crap Canada Post drivers. Not sure when I'm expected to get my stuff now.

So frustrating.

Curious...what city are you in? They're my mvp in Toronto.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

So frustrating.

Fucking garbage, they throw packages. Had it happen downtown Toronto and Ajax.

Some of the laziest workers I've ever seen.

wBENDERw

Oct 27, 2017

So frustrating.

bummer man

but I've had bad experiences with non-game related orders through amazon fulfillment

they give up to easy

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any recommendations for any live music bars in downtown Toronto?

There's a whole bunch, is there something specific you're looking for? Just looking to walk in and catch live music of any kind? Want to see touring bands or random locals?

Usual go-tos I know of include the Horseshoe, Lee's Palace, Velvet Underground, (most nights) the Phoenix, the Garrison, the Opera House, etc. Also you could just look at this list of tickets on sale to get a sense of popular venues in town. There are a lot of local venues not on that list that do mostly local bands, those I wouldn't know as much. If you're looking for jazz stuff, the Rex downtown always has someone playing (though I can't vouch for whether the Rex is actually good or not, feels a bit tourist-y). I know the Top of the Senator used to be a thing but I think that's gone now.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Fucking garbage, they throw packages. Had it happen downtown Toronto and Ajax.

Some of the laziest workers I've ever seen.
When Amazon treats their delivery people the same way they treat their warehouse staff (too many deliveries in not enough time) it's not surprising they toss shit because they have to hurry to the next stop to get all of them delivered. Traffic jams must kill them.

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any recommendations for any live music bars in downtown Toronto?

What kind of music?

Horseshoe is a classic spot for rock and up and coming acts, the Garrison is good for more underground or smaller acts, and The Rex is a well known jazz spot. Many, many others from there too, depending on what you're looking for.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I never play docked, so I'll probably exchange. It would not surprise me if EB did a "trade a OG switch, get a Switch Lite for Free" promo.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I never play docked, so I'll probably exchange. It would not surprise me if EB did a "trade a OG switch, get a Switch Lite for Free" promo.
That would be a hell of a lot worse than their last Switch trade-in promo where you got the equivalent of ~$350 when trading an old Switch towards a new Switch. lol

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
That would be a hell of a lot worse than their last Switch trade-in promo where you got the equivalent of ~$350 when trading an old Switch towards a new Switch. lol

Well having a trade in promo being "trade in your switch, get a switch lite and $90 cash" is probably asking too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.