• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealtest

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I called and spoke with someone else and they promised me when the item comes back in stock I can pre-order and they'll price match the E3 deal and also gave me a $25 evoucher which I can use on anything online.

kreven

Oct 25, 2017
NB, Canada
Got my MUA3 $25 Walmart gift card via email from buyatab.com.

There's no minimum purchased required mentioned, and it can be used in store or online.

stan_marsh : My order had multiple games and only MUA3 shows as cancelled, with the rest still in progress.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Can confirm I also got a GC from Walmart. Still no cancellation yet but since all orders are getting canceled it will probably show up eventually.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What did everyone order and get "cancelled" from walmart to get these codes? I haven't gotten anything, I preordered a good few things

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Using your points to get a gift card is a big no no. The value is usually bad compared using it to a statement credit. Or like the other guy said. Wait for a sale.
If you want to maximize the return, use it for travel. You can get a ~$1,300 plane ticket for ~$650 worth of points, with the Avion cards.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
AHHHH I was just glossing over people's "mua3,," didn't understand it so it didn't even register to me lol

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring, and Tales of Arise are up now.

612jFHgykOL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.ca/BANDAI-12246-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PPKHMAEBWQ5CXMF4JN8Y

https://www.amazon.ca/BANDAI-12198-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZQCFJED8XTS8NJ362X22

Fairxchange

Oct 30, 2017
Got the Walmart gift card but MUA3 isn't cancelled yet. I hope they cancel it cause I have it preordered with EB. I was trying to have it cancelled but they said they couldn't cause it was "preparing to ship".

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
🍟 Get the fries you've been dreaming of on National French Fry Day!🍟
🍟 Today only, celebrate with a FREE* McDonald's Medium Fries with any mobile order purchase*. 🍟
*$1 minimum purchase

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Is Samurai Shodown (PS4) ever coming back in stock on Amazon? Glad to hear its selling though.

Sealtest

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So my order is indeed cancelled but I ended up getting a $25 evoucher and that $25 gift card. And if they're true about honoring the e3 price when it comes back in stock I'll only be out of pocket about $20.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
That's great that at least they are doing that. But this just adds to stories I've heard of credit cards being locked due to their pre-auth charges, amongst other things I've heard in my circle of friends

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Your friends are living life on the edge having their CC so close to the limit lol.
I don't think it was that their credit was maxed, I think the credit card company thought of the charge as something fraudulent cuz it kept getting pinged every so often by Walmart on a pre-charge for a pre-order. Something weird that I heard once, and since then never even risked it.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it was that their credit was maxed, I think the credit card company thought of the charge as something fraudulent cuz it kept getting pinged every so often by Walmart on a pre-charge for a pre-order. Something weird that I heard once, and since then never even risked it.

My Crash Team Racing billed in 4 different transactions totalling 33.85, and I currently have a pending charge of 81.85 that doesn't make any sense with any preorders (except maybe MUA3, which I've received the cancellayion gift card for, but the order is not cancelled)

Walmart CC abuse is real

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Managed to preorder $60 Doom Eternal before it sold out on Walmart and $30 Wolfenstein Youngblood from Source.

Combined with a seemingly free gift card from Walmart (MUA3 isn't cancelled yet), its been a good week for preorders.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Not a deal but I thought i'd mention it here: When I went to EB to exchange a drifting Joy Con and a copy of Super Mario 3D Land, Ifound out that EB Games is having a promotion where they give you what is the gaming equivalent of "roll up the rim to win" if you spend more than $50. Still not my first place to go shopping for games (certainly not for anything that might cost e over $50 unless it's a used game from a company I will not financially support) but I digress.

Oct 25, 2017
Anywhere to get Fire Emblem at a discount?

I'd been thinking of getting it digital with the voucher program but decided instead I'd like to have the case/cart (future resale).

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
I've only been suckered into buying something on Prime day once. They sent me something that was 100% used, and then I returned it. I think returning was slightly easier when I was on Prime?

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I bought the Sons Of Anarchy complete Blu Ray Box set one year for $40. It was good value.

That same box set currently goes for $240.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I decided to finally give Amazon Prime a try... I'm on my trial right now and I'll be paying the 80$ in like a week or so... Anyway... First time I use that... Do we also get the free Twitch stuff in Canada? Mainly the free monthly sub to give to any channel we want?

I'm looking on the Amazon website but all I'm seeing is a button to "Start a trial" to Twitch Prime when I try to link my account... Is it an actual different sub from Amazon Prime? How does it work?

Edit: Hmm ok so I clicked on the free trial button and it just linked my account? Oh well... I guess it says that cause I'm still on the Prime trial... Anyway I was able to use my free monthly twitch sub so that's all I really wanted.

Last edited:

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
It's cool that Amazon prime video finally added the channels option in Canada. Selection is limited so far but I've been trying the free trials.

Got to finally watch Mandy thanks to Shudder.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhat related question... How are Amazon Prime Days in Canada? I assume terrible because... Well... Of course they probably are but those are the first ones for me as a member.

Disclaimer, I don't really care about physical version of games so it would be for anything else.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhat related question... How are Amazon Prime Days in Canada? I assume terrible because... Well... Of course they probably are but those are the first ones for me as a member.

Disclaimer, I don't really care about physical version of games so it would be for anything else.

I'm not a prime member so I don't follow the Prime Day sales too closely but I remember them being pretty bad. Though the US side isn't great either, it really is just a way for Amazon to get rid of shit.

Oct 25, 2017

I remember getting a cheap 128GB sd card last year.

also, the hilarious anime deal glitch back in 2017 where a bunch of anime was reduced down to $1-2. Was able to buy the Berserk trilogy bluray for a dollar.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Wow these deals stink. The 400GB card is great for Switch, and the TV deals are great for people who don't have one, but there's nothing that I've been holding out for.

Status
Not open for further replies.