• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
I'd rather order from Amazon.ca and not have to worry about import fees etc...as of yet still nothing live in Canada or the US just Japan and UK

You don't actually have to worry about import fees -- they are charged upfront. If anything I frequently get refunds from Amazon Japan.

But of course you should probably wait for this thing to be listed on amazon.ca IMHO

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Hng, all I was looking for from Prime Day was memory cards. But product reviews on large Lexar cards were abhorrent last time I looked them up, and I'm not seeing anything different with a quick look now.

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hng, all I was looking for from Prime Day was memory cards. But product reviews on large Lexar cards were abhorrent last time I looked them up, and I'm not seeing anything different with a quick look now.

For 20 bucks it's hard to go wrong. I've been using a 128gb version in my switch since launch with no problems.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
The Ring Doorbells + Echo combos are really tempting.

Anyone have one? I feel like with so many echos in my house the Ring 1 is fine since I assume it can just ring through my echo speaker. The Pro sounds better since it's hardwired, but it's double the price and I have no clue if my wiring has enough amperage for it or not. Can I just test it with a multimeter?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Prime Day deals have nothing for me, as usual. Whole Foods however was giving away "spend $10 at Whole Foods, save $10 at Amazon during Prime Days" coupons, so I used that to buy Judgment for $59. I've been waiting on a pre-owned copy, so this is the next best thing

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
The sales are never great on Prime Day, though I have found random good deals over the years. I just got a couple of AmazonBasics items I needed anyways, so the 30% off was nice.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
It is funny to see items that were on sale for the same price the last few weeks listed as a prime day deal but they stay the same price.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Some decent deals on physical games, ps4 controllers and 4K movies. Tempted to pull the trigger but it's not deals that cant be had at other times of the year.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I missed the Sonos Beam Prime Day special but Bestbuy has the same deal I just snagged one. $150 off

Ok this seems to be a good time to ask: I want to get a soundbar for my Sony 4k tv (X800D). Literally just using TV speakers right now. I have no idea where to start in terms of getting something that will definitely pass through 4k and HDR from my PC and PS4 Pro, and not have an issues with all my other inputs (Switch, Xbox One S, PS3, etc.)

Is there an easy guide to picking out this stuff?

rawd

Oct 25, 2017
Ok this seems to be a good time to ask: I want to get a soundbar for my Sony 4k tv (X800D). Literally just using TV speakers right now. I have no idea where to start in terms of getting something that will definitely pass through 4k and HDR from my PC and PS4 Pro, and not have an issues with all my other inputs (Switch, Xbox One S, PS3, etc.)

For the Sonos Beam I'm not sure. I just needed basic HDMI audio functionality out of it which is what I researched. For my game den I have an actual receiver so I'm not much help.

Oct 25, 2017

I have that TV and a Sony sound bar. Just use the designated HDMI port on the tv (ARC) and connect it to the soundbar. Any sound that normally would have come out of the tv will now come out of the soundbar. I have my switch, cable box and ps4 pro all doing this. All your systems hook up to the tv normally so it won't mess with HDR, etc.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I have that TV and a Sony sound bar. Just use the designated HDMI port on the tv (ARC) and connect it to the soundbar. Any sound that normally would have come out of the tv will now come out of the soundbar. I have my switch, cable box and ps4 pro all doing this. All your systems hook up to the tv normally so it won't mess with HDR, etc.

Okay that was my question - I wasn't sure if everything else just connected normally to the TV. Then just my one input that is going to the ARC port now (my PC) would be directly connected to the soundbar instead, right?

Mind letting me know what soundbar you have?

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Looks like Walmart won't be charging me tax on Doom Eternal

XSUICoN.png

Swag

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
iaiBX87.png

I know it's nothing to be worried about, like Bandai expecting to raise prices on us sometime before Arise releases...But it totally still triggers my (unwarranted) paranoia

Could just be an Amazon error. Sometimes they put the wrong price and apply a discount to correct it. It was frustrating when they had pre-order discounts for Prime members cause they wouldn't offer the discount since it was already 'on sale'.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Any good PC / gaming chairs on amazon.ca? Not necessarily on sale, just something I won't regret. They all have these funny names like GTRACING, UOMAX, TOPSKY, MORFAN, etc...... I guess I'll pay up to 300$ maybe a bit more.

It really needs to support my head / neck, and of course be comfortable....

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are great for the price bracket they are in especially since the dollar is so shitty

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind if the budget is tight when getting a PS5.

Any good PC / gaming chairs on amazon.ca? Not necessarily on sale, just something I won't regret. They all have these funny names like GTRACING, UOMAX, TOPSKY, MORFAN, etc...... I guess I'll pay up to 300$ maybe a bit more.

Not Amazon but this is the chair I see recommended the most in threads:

www.ikea.com

MARKUS office chair, Vissle dark gray - IKEA CA

MARKUS office chair, Vissle dark gray This ergonomic office chair keeps you comfy and focused with features like a manually adjustable tilt tension, and head-/armrests to help relax the muscles in your neck and back. 10 year guarantee. 10-year Warranty. Read about the terms in the warranty brochure.

I'll be looking to pick one up around black Friday.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017

Don't buy a chair online unless you've actually tried it yourself.

And don't buy a gaming chair.

Fairxchange

Oct 30, 2017

I bought this and love it https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B076XCB6JW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1, there's a lot of reviews for it online too so I recommend watching all you can before making any decisions.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Not Amazon but this is the chair I see recommended the most in threads:

www.ikea.com

MARKUS office chair, Vissle dark gray - IKEA CA

MARKUS office chair, Vissle dark gray This ergonomic office chair keeps you comfy and focused with features like a manually adjustable tilt tension, and head-/armrests to help relax the muscles in your neck and back. 10 year guarantee. 10-year Warranty. Read about the terms in the warranty brochure.

I'll be looking to pick one up around black Friday.

Nice, thanks. 9 by my place. I hope I can try it first but we'll see.

EDIT: reading tons of negative opinions about stiff ass padding and non-adjustable back

Last edited:

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Prime Day deals have nothing for me, as usual. Whole Foods however was giving away "spend $10 at Whole Foods, save $10 at Amazon during Prime Days" coupons, so I used that to buy Judgment for $59. I've been waiting on a pre-owned copy, so this is the next best thing

I had a bunch of friends and family being like "can you order this prime only thing for me?" Lol.

That said it was pretty darn good this year for non gaming stuff.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain gaming chairs to me. Why not just get a regular office chair that fits well
PC gaming can be really expensive (high end CPUs, high end graphics cards, high end monitors... it can all really add up).

Since some PC gamers have a lot of money and are willing to spend it, there exists a huge market for cosmetic upgrades. If you can sell an LED lighting kit for someone's car, then you can surely sell an LED lighting kit for someone's car-priced gaming PC.

Overpriced gaming chairs exist as a side market to overpriced gaming PCs. It's like... what else do you need to game on PC? A gaming desk? Monster Cables already infamously cornered the market on gaming surge protectors. Maybe you need gaming blackout curtains. Nobody tell the ISPs that they could be charging for gaming bandwidth (ah, who am I kidding, gamers already boast about their dedicated fiber-op connections).

The gaming chair industry got a ton of effective advertisement by paying streamers to sit in gaming chairs while they stream. The camera is pointed at the streamer while they play, so you can see the chair, and start to want one, unlike the streamer's Monster Surge Protector, which is not seen because it sits on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.