• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I was at a Vietnamese restaurant having a vegetable and seafood noodle dish and there was a lot of celery in it. I guess the prices are dropping because it was probably more expensive than the seafood at one point.

MrMegaMill

Nov 28, 2017
Anybody have a delivery estimate for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 from Amazon yet?

I know It's not available on reease day, but I thought I would at least have an estimate by now.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have a delivery estimate for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 from Amazon yet?

I know It's not available on reease day, but I thought I would at least have an estimate by now.
I've stopped ordering Switch games from Amazon long ago. Amazon has become unreliable with most games on release day over the past year or two, but Nintendo games get the worst of it

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I just got a cancellation notice from Amazon concerning the low price pre-order for the Final Fantasy VII Vinyl Set. I guess it was too good to be true. :(

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Already guessed they wouldn't honor the FFVII Vinyl set few pages ago. Mine got cancelled too. It's priced 80 USD. It's pretty clear it's going to at least be 100$ here and not 37$. They certainly aren't going to eat 60$ a copy to make you happy. Price mistakes happen and they don't really have to honor them.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm irate! I'm incensed! I'm looking forward to fighting for credit considering I was gonna cancel it anyway!

It amazes me how entitled people are when a price error gets cancelled lol

Only because Amazon always either honoured it or gave credit. Any other retailer, we'd be thinking "wow that cancellation took them a while!"

Oct 25, 2017
The Microsoft Store is a pretty decent source of prebuilt computers, and they're running a two-day sale to counter Prime Day: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/b/sale

Dell's doing the same: https://deals.dell.com/en-ca

As for what to buy, it's hard for me to say because I build my own systems and so don't have a great sense for what's good pricing and what's terrible. I would recommend that if you go for, say, one of the Dell gaming desktops, to think about a graphics card upgrade--the GTX 1050 isn't the greatest card, I'd probably want at least a GTX 1060. I'm also not sure what the hell a GTX 1660 is but I suspect it's a newer-gen card that might actually be slower. You may want to just look at some gaming benchmarks, compare them with the specs you see, and decide on a suitable price/performance balance.

And honestly, pretty much anything you buy will perform better than your current system, so if you're okay with how your current PC performs then you should be happy with most configurations. Hell, I think Raspberry Pis might be competitive with your current rig based on what you've said, and that's a $50 hobby computer that fits in your pocket.

Damn, that's quite load of info, and from what i heard that ACER is a superior for gaming, is that true?

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
I worked in retail and we were always good about honouring price errors we made.

Also:

https://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/00522.html

I do think Amazon is within their legal right to cancel but it's always good to know your rights.

I'm in QC with the most generous consumers protection law and stuff like this isn't covered mainly because.

1- It's not misleading or bait and switch
2- It's an obvious mistake considering the US price we know
3- It was a preorder and as such people weren't charged and no transaction took place
4-It was not possible to get stock of the items for this price.

Most provincial law will cover misleading price on articles in stores and flyers and stores usually add a bonus % discount on it as good faith. Like there is a price sticker correctly identifying the item on it and when you scan it at the register price is higher. Or if the item is priced lower in the flyer and scans at a higher price. In some cases it's also legal to print in store an erratum if it was a mistake too.

The RFD thread about this is hilarious.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
We are supposed to get angry over price error cancellations?

Welp, looks like I'm gonna go burn down a Staples. They cancelled my $300 but shoulda been $2300 laptop. Absolute scumbag company for not honouring me a free $2000.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Prime day purchases didn't ship yet. Expected to arrive Monday.
I'm glad I'm paying this anual fee for two-day 1 week delivery.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When Amazon CSRs say they'll give a "One Time Exception" favour, is it literally one time, like how Sony is with PSN refunds?

Related note, I got the ff7 remake vinyl promised at the same price after arguing and being ping-ponged around amazon reps for about an hour. Dunno if it was worth it yet. Would have honestly been fine with like, 10 amazon bucks

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
Sorry if I'm late on this but did they change shipping for Prime? I got a renewal notice that says free 2 day shipping with discounted 1 day. Is it still 1 day depending on where you live?

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
aw ic i'm actually not that familiar with forwarding services + AMZN what do you need to do? (if you don't mind me asking) also do they account for duty?
So depending on the items you're buying some items will ship to you from amazon.com/co.uk/co.jp directly to you. Some will need a forwarder.

When you sign up to a forwarder you're given an address to send to and an account number to use on your shipments, and you'd just begin to ship stuff to those addressses if it's in the states for example. Stackry specifically will give you a notice that something arrived at your locker, and then give you a couple options one of them being repackaging the boxes, either keeping the original box or discarding that and using their plain ones. They don't check anything inside it so they'd need you to declare whats inside and that's what they'd put on their invoices once it goes across the border. You can just see how much the duties usually will cost right under the prices on the .com site it also mentions the duties you have to pay shipping it to Canada or elsewhere.

Last edited:

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if I'm late on this but did they change shipping for Prime? I got a renewal notice that says free 2 day shipping with discounted 1 day. Is it still 1 day depending on where you live?

I think it's free 1 day shipping if you live in certain areas and your total is over $25. I forgot about that the other day and just added something to my order to tip it over the $25 limit and I got free 1 day shipping.

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
I think it's free 1 day shipping if you live in certain areas and your total is over $25. I forgot about that the other day and just added something to my order to tip it over the $25 limit and I got free 1 day shipping.

Cool, thanks. It's probably a generic message, but still odd that they wouldn't mention 1 day shipping to certain cities. Here's that part of the message:

As a reminder, here are some of the benefits you receive as an Amazon Prime member:
  • FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of eligible items to most cities in Canada
  • Discounted One-Day Shipping for as low as CDN$ 3.99/item
  • FREE Standard Shipping where One-Day and Two-Day Shipping are unavailable
  • No Minimum Purchase – don't worry about meeting a threshold to get free shipping

Won't make much difference to me, I rarely use one day shipping (I got frustrated by prices going down a day or two after I buy something and amazon refusing to adjust so I use the slowest shipping so I can cancel and rebuy if the price goes down). Still, it feels like we were promised so much in the beginning only to have it get clawed back.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
To add on to the current discussion re: Amazon's cancellation over a price error, I feel it's worth noting that Amazon being reliable in not cancelling orders placed on items that had price errors (double 20% E3 orders, Xenoblade Chronicles X, etc.) was the last thing they had going for them since Prime doesn't ship on time and their deals are, at best, the same you'd find at WalMart, BestBuy or EB...at best. There isn't any incentive to shop there any more if you shopped almost exclusively for gaming outside compared to the competition. We just came off Prime Day, the so-called "Black Friday in July" sale where the offers compared to US customers was pitiful; the best deal we saw was another price error, this one being for an SSD. Point being, Amazon is trash when it comes to hunting for game deals outside of these blunders. Given how expensive games are to purchase compared to other forms of entertainment and how much money Amazon rakes in (while treating their employees like garbage and not paying a cent in taxes on their ludicrous profits), I can't exactly be bothered that people got annoyed by the cancellation.

Obviously that doesn't justify harassing customer service just so you can squeeze some credit out of their comfortable coffers nor does it mean you should expect the next major blunder on Amazon to be honored but, again, it is understandable that people weren't expecting this since they used to be reliable when it came to not cancelling error-driven orders.

kreven

Oct 25, 2017
NB, Canada
That MUA3 $25 gift card from Walmart isn't of much use to save on the game when they actually have no stock online or in store...

My local store didn't get any, and none showed as coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.