• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sept 18 McDonalds (Free*) Cheesburger Day

Spend $1, get free 🧀 🍔 app offer
Not sure what in-store offer will be
McDonalds cheeseburgers were my guilty pleasure for decades.

Their new "remastered" cheeseburgers are borderline inedible. I don't think I even want one for free.

I think I'd rather go over to A&W and try their new Beyond Meat burger (currently on sale for $4).

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You are going to have to explain this. They are barely different to me.
As I understand it, the old cheeseburgers fried the meat on the fryer, and then added toppings at the assembly stage (cheese, ketchup, mustard, pickles, and raw diced onions).

McDonalds decided to "boost the flavor" of their burger (apparently in response to the popularity of the new Beyond Meat burgers) by putting the diced onions directly on the grill, and then dropping the uncooked patty on top of the onions to let it fry that way. Instead of just frying the patty, the patty gets intermixed with sauteed onion.

I've basically never met a cheeseburger I didn't like. I could tell that the McDonalds cheeseburger was a low quality burger, but it was simple and enjoyable. I really liked it.

When I first had one of the remastered cheeseburgers, I thought that someone seriously fucked something up. But that happens, whatever. Next time I had one, it was the same thing. I figured they had some sort of incompetent new chef, and was thinking of not frequenting that establishment anymore. Next time I had one at a different location, it was still terrible (IMO).

A little while after that, I saw that McDonalds was advertising their new "remastered" burgers.

I tried ordering one with no onions, and that was an improvement, but it's still being negatively affected, probably because McDonalds has melted onion all over their grill now. Don't want it? Can't escape it.

McDonalds had dropped from #1 in my burger consumption to somewhere between last place and total disqualification.

Teejay

Oct 27, 2017
It's kinda weird seeing Amazon actually "promising" a release day delivery since all the stuff I preordered from them took a week to deliver. I wonder if they can actually deliver.

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for Release Date Delivery and has been upgraded to it at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening"
Estimated arrival date: September 20, 2019

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are those 8bitdo Bluetooth USB dongles legit? I've got a Wii U Pro controller I've barely ever used. I think it's compatible with PC too, so I could use that and my DS4's there as well. Anyone have one?

Did some research before ultimately opting for a dedicated 8bitdo controller. I hear good things about it, but you may also want to look at the mayflash magic-ns dongle as well.

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda weird seeing Amazon actually "promising" a release day delivery since all the stuff I preordered from them took a week to deliver. I wonder if they can actually deliver.

It took them a week to SHIP Destiny 2 after it released.

Not even get it delivered to me, but to literally change from shipping soon to shipped.

I trust Amazon delivery about as far as I can throw them.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Did some research before ultimately opting for a dedicated 8bitdo controller. I hear good things about it, but you may also want to look at the mayflash magic-ns dongle as well.
The Mayflash one is great so far with my Dualshock 4. Only downside is that it vibrates at max all the time.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Are those 8bitdo Bluetooth USB dongles legit? I've got a Wii U Pro controller I've barely ever used. I think it's compatible with PC too, so I could use that and my DS4's there as well. Anyone have one?
They're good, just a fairly short range on it, so be prepared to maybe sit closer or at a better angle for the Switch.

The PC portion of it is weird, because it's not a traditional Bluetooth adapter.

Apr 24, 2018
My Switch Lite and Links Awakening still say delivery date pending on Amazon.

Gamepass and PS4 will keep me busy, and if they end up being really late ill juat harrass Amazon for some credit lol.

Deleted member 26909

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone preorder Link's Awakening from Walmart? I had a pending charge on my credit card from Walmart for the preorder, and then a few days later, it disappeared. My order is still in progress, but no charge to my card. Anyone else experience this type of thing with Walmart?

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone preorder Link's Awakening from Walmart? I had a pending charge on my credit card from Walmart for the preorder, and then a few days later, it disappeared. My order is still in progress, but no charge to my card. Anyone else experience this type of thing with Walmart?

I have one of those orders, but it's the same order I ordered Gears 5 in, and I've had tons of problems with that. The release date came and went and they never shipped it. I contacted CSRs and was told to wait 48 hours. I recontacted after that time passed and was told to wait another 48 hours. This happened three times until last night I called and complained (calmly) about all of this. They... told me to wait 48 hours and said my case had been escalated several times, and that I just needed to wait to hear back.

This morning, I woke up to a random $40 pending charge on my CC, an email from Walmart telling me about a "new release date" for my items, and now saying Gears 5 and Link's Awakening are somehow expected to arrive in January 2020. I then got ANOTHER email about that same order telling me the items are unavailable and that the order will be cancelled in 3 days if the items don't become available by then. I contacted them again, CSR was clueless and said I should expect another update within, you guessed it, 48 hours.

My order now says "packaging your order" on the actual site though, so who knows!

Deleted member 26909

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I then got ANOTHER email about that same order telling me the items are unavailable and that the order will be cancelled in 3 days if the items don't become available by then.
Damn. Guess I'll be calling in sometime soon. I have gotten these cancellation emails in the past A LOT, but they never affected anything. At first they were startling, but now they are just annoying.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Not switching providers until they too offer gigabit service. Still paying $40 for it with Rogers.

BubbaGum

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else still have this Skyrim art book on pre-order on Amazon? Every time I look at it in my order history I get a good chuckle.
LjwKmEs.png

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure I'm too late but I imagine there's no way for me to get any of those Eshop vouchers thing by now right?

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone had their Zelda ship from Walmart yet? Still trying to make sure my order ain't busted. I have a random 40 bucks preauth on my card though!

Corey31

Oct 25, 2017
How does anyone make money on these deals? Not that I'm complaining.

This is eBay / PayPal themselves selling (the seller is PayPal.digital.gifts). They likely are breaking even or making a small profit. It could be used as a way to get people to make an account or use inactive accounts. Beef up active user counts as well as total sales.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
My wife's coupon code doesn't work for it either, so I guess they removed its eligibility. Insulting.

Ouisch

Oct 27, 2017

Lucky! I'm stuck with Sept. 24-26. Probably because my copy is one of the discounted 64.99 ones from E3.

Teejay

Oct 27, 2017
Lucky! I'm stuck with Sept. 24-26. Probably because my copy is one of the discounted 64.99 ones from E3.

Same with mine, $64.99 for Sep 20. I also have the Dreamer's Edition and that one's supposed to arrive (est) Sep 24-26. The LoZLA Amiibo is also Sep 20, it was weird because it was under $25 and I got free shipping with it.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
My friend who bought the PSN card on Tuesday still hasn't gotten his code yet.
Same thing happened to me last week and when I contacted them about it they said my order was stuck with some kind of error and they couldn't fulfill it and refunded me the money instead. It was disappointing.

Teejay

Oct 27, 2017
Same thing happened to me last week and when I contacted them about it they said my order was stuck with some kind of error and they couldn't fulfill it and refunded me the money instead. It was disappointing.

They didn't just manually send you the code or tell you to repurchase it?

Status
Not open for further replies.