• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amprsand11

Jan 12, 2018
Canada
Did you order it with a now expired card, and they charged your replacement card?
This one was with a valid card, but the last game I ordered from them (KH3) was also with a valid one and they never charged me lol.
Every game ordered with my now expired card has arrived free though. I guess that means I'm set for MP4 too, unless Walmart gets their shit together by then.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
I got Links Awakening Dreamer Edition and the amiibo today from Walmart, never received a shipping notice from them, the shipping box had a dent in it, and the outer box for the game is a bit banged up. They only put a single one of those air pillow things on the bottom so the game was being tossed around inside, never buying a special edition game from them again.

Deleted member 26909

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So I posted before about having a pending charge to my credit card for Link's Awakening disappear. I contacted Walmart and they said if its left pending for a few days, it expires (not entirely sure how that works). CS said that everything looks good on their end though. It shipped last night and my credit card hasn't been charged. I'm going to count my blessings on this one, but Walmart is really dropping the ball.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
DEAL - Links Awakening DX for $60

EB Games has a Trade 2 Get Links Awakening DX promo (game must trade in for $15 minimum)

Best Buy has Kingdom Hearts 3 and Dragon Quest 11 for $30 each and they both qualify for the trade 2 promo.
Anyone that wants a standard edition copy of Link's Awakening should do this. This is cheaper than WM's E3 deal.

Acevil

Oct 30, 2017
How are people getting notified that their order is being shipped or delivered? Walmart itself, or things like UPS/Canada Post that might be linked?

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, I looked up the last few packages, and the last solo Switch game I received weighted the exact same amount, so I bet this will just be Zelda :/ Something must be seriously wrong with their Gears orders! But their system in general seems borked, I didn't get a correct charge nor a delivery email for this shipment, I only know of it due to MyUPS. And hell, they literally just sent me an email a few days ago saying my Zelda order was OOS and now expected to arrive next year...

How are people getting notified that their order is being shipped or delivered? Walmart itself, or things like UPS/Canada Post that might be linked?

MyUPS itself (I'm registered with an account), not a peep from Walmart itself, and the order on the site says "packaging your order" still, even though it's out for delivery as we speak.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Welp, I looked up the last few packages, and the last solo Switch game I received weighted the exact same amount, so I bet this will just be Zelda :/ Something must be seriously wrong with their Gears orders! But their system in general seems borked, I didn't get a correct charge nor a delivery email for this shipment, I only know of it due to MyUPS. And hell, they literally just sent me an email a few days ago saying my Zelda order was OOS and now expected to arrive next year...

MyUPS itself (I'm registered with an account), not a peep from Walmart itself, and the order on the site says "packaging your order" still, even though it's out for delivery as we speak.

I think that's a sign, get Gears on freaking GamePass!

😜

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I think that's a sign, get Gears on freaking GamePass!

😜

But I wanna own it! And 16.99 a month is too much to me for the amount of games on the service I actually want (which is flat out Gears 5 only at this time- and that's one I like enough that I want to own!) None of the recent $1-2 promos have applied to my account for some reason, logging in always gives me full price.

These rental / subscription services are only good when there's a steady supply of games I don't want to buy but would like to check out. Game Pass ain't there yet for me, but it should be there next gen, given all the studio acquisitions.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
But I wanna own it! And 16.99 a month is too much to me for the amount of games on the service I actually want (which is flat out Gears 5 only at this time- and that's one I like enough that I want to own!) None of the recent $1-2 promos have applied to my account for some reason, logging in always gives me full price.

These rental / subscription services are only good when there's a steady supply of games I don't want to buy but would like to check out. Game Pass ain't there yet for me, but it should be there next gen, given all the studio acquisitions.

I get that, I like to own my games as well.

I think it's $11,99 without Ultimate for GP, so I might get that to play Gears within a month, even tho I like to take my time with my games.

ReddishGUI

Oct 25, 2017

The $1-2 promos are not eligible for QC residents if you are(like me...).

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Received Zelda, still no Gears 5. Walmart is an impossible hellscape of nonsense. Still not a peep from them about that, despite contacting them (and remaining polite) literally 6 times, and always being told to wait 24-48 hours, they still haven't fuckin' shipped the game! It's in stock too. Just ridiculous.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So my UPS delivery for Zelda is delayed to next week due to "Emergency or Severe Weather" =/

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I hate UPS for that. If the wind blows in a direction they don't like, they delay the package for another day.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Quick question, has anybody seen a switch lite at any Shoppers Drug Mart yet? I tried a few but no luck. Most cashiers just looked at the switch they had on the shelf and said that is it, only one said they got a package of stuff but the person who had keys was out and to come back later. I did see a few that had a bunch of Genesis Mini in. =/ (I have a spend $400 before end Oct, get 100k points app coupon, it also stacks with 20x points coupons).

My Zelda showed up from walmart via UPS. Surprised it's not Can Post, I though past ones were. =/

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
DEAL - Links Awakening DX for $60

EB Games has a Trade 2 Get Links Awakening DX promo (game must trade in for $15 minimum)

Best Buy has Kingdom Hearts 3 and Dragon Quest 11 for $30 each and they both qualify for the trade 2 promo.

That was really nice of you to post this, thank you. Was able to trade into old games for links awakening.

I got Links Awakening Dreamer Edition and the amiibo today from Walmart, never received a shipping notice from them, the shipping box had a dent in it, and the outer box for the game is a bit banged up. They only put a single one of those air pillow things on the bottom so the game was being tossed around inside, never buying a special edition game from them again.

Anything Collectors item try to get in store. Got a genesis mini in store because of this. That said, amazon shipped my FE special edition in a box mailer used for textbooks, really smart. Came in perfect condition.

Ordered the Eshop card, but wouldnt let me pay by paypal

Try using the ebay mobile app with your paypal linked within the app.

Finally, Sekiro dropped to a reasonable price. Six fucking months.

It was $49 a couple of months ago (WM?) but sold out pretty quickly as I recall. Even digital it's still like $60+ even with sales.

Anyways it's the best game of 2019. Well worth full price. $49 is a damned bargain.

canonj

Oct 27, 2017
Walmart did finally charge my credit card, but only after I had already received Zelda yesterday. So weird.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else's Zelda from WM not shipped or been charged or anything? No notification at all? Or am I a lone wolf
Zelda shipped fine, I got the notification a day after actually receiving it though.

I'm in that same boat for Gears though. It looks like sometimes they simply just don't ship games.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
I'm in the same boat as you. So you're not an anomaly.
Has your payment information changed since you placed your order or is everything the same?
Yeah, that Credit Card no longer exists so they can't charge me. Normally I get an email saying it shipped or they couldn't charge my card. I don't even care about trying to get a "free game", because its nice but I am not strapped for cash. I just don't want to have to buy another and end up with two as I don't have a car so returning/Kijiji can be a real hassle for me. Simply a notification of the status would be nice.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if anyone posted this appliances deal.

There's some sort of climate rebate thing going on and some appliances have 25% off at various retailers. There's an RFD thread about it.

Not gaming, but hey, everyone needs appliances.

I kind of ignored it until my washer died. Tons of deals out there right now.

eleuin

Oct 25, 2017
I've always bought my glasses in person, what are y'all experiences with Warby Parker? Or is there another online retailer that's good? Thank you!

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I've always bought my glasses in person, what are y'all experiences with Warby Parker? Or is there another online retailer that's good? Thank you!
The one thing I know is that you need to get someone to give you a pupillary distance number or measure it yourself (which may mean your glasses need adjustment if you don't get the number right).

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when I got my glasses from Clearly Contacts some years ago, the eye doctors (opticians, technically) were avoiding telling you your pupillary distance, because they were trying to use that as an edge to combat online sales, since they get kickbacks from the stores they're attached to.

But then I just got my eyes checked a month ago (from a place in Superstore) and they measured my PD and wrote it on the prescription. I'm thinking maybe they don't care anymore. Either that or my eye doctor was really cool this time (he also said that my current glasses are fine, and that I don't really need to buy a new pair).

Apparently the best value in glasses is to avoid anything that is owned by Lenscrafters. They're trying to buy up and monopolize everything having to do with glasses (from frame designers to lens manufacturers), to try and control the prices (for their own profit margins, obviously, not to try to drive the prices down for you). Clearly Contacts got bought up by Lenscrafters.

Costco is apparently a very good place to get glasses, but their selection of frames is incredibly spotty, and varies from location to location. Independent mom-and-pop shops are apparently also good. Warby Parker could easily qualify as an independent, I dunno.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when I got my glasses from Clearly Contacts some years ago, the eye doctors (opticians, technically) were avoiding telling you your pupillary distance, because they were trying to use that as an edge to combat online sales, since they get kickbacks from the stores they're attached to.

But then I just got my eyes checked a month ago (from a place in Superstore) and they measured my PD and wrote it on the prescription. I'm thinking maybe they don't care anymore. Either that or my eye doctor was really cool this time (he also said that my current glasses are fine, and that I don't really need to buy a new pair).

Apparently the best value in glasses is to avoid anything that is owned by Lenscrafters. They're trying to buy up and monopolize everything having to do with glasses (from frame designers to lens manufacturers), to try and control the prices (for their own profit margins, obviously, not to try to drive the prices down for you). Clearly Contacts got bought up by Lenscrafters.

Costco is apparently a very good place to get glasses, but their selection of frames is incredibly spotty, and varies from location to location. Independent mom-and-pop shops are apparently also good. Warby Parker could easily qualify as an independent, I dunno.
Yeah the whole PD thing is very weird. Mine just gave it to me at the last exam, but I had to ask for it to be included.
That said, I ended up buying at a shop anyway because I wanted a specific type of frame and lens that wasn't offered online.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
For those that are interested, BestBuy is selling a Mario + Rabbids AND Starlink combo for $40 0.0! Also, Rabbids still trades in for over $15 and work work for the LA EBGames promo sooooo...

Grabbed this on Thursday, great deal. I told myself I'd grab Starlink on Switch whenever it dropped to $20 again so I traded in Rabbids on Thursday towards a Dragon Ball Figuarts when they had the extra 50% trade towards loot promo. $20+$10 bonus trade credit, so Starlink was basically $10.

I have no idea why Mario + Rabbids has kept such great trade value for so long. I remember when Walmart first had that figure/game/dlc bundle on sale for $30 and I traded just the game in to EB Games for $30. The employees were even shocked it was worth that much.

Fairxchange

Oct 30, 2017
Was able to move two of my my E3 trade 2 games preorder credit toward Switch lite. Paid about 100 for the yellow Lite.

Harmonius

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if EBGames Is letting you do the transfer in store for the Switch Lite if you're doing the trade in? I'm on the fence about doing it and if they do then the Switch Lite is an auto lock for an upgrade/sidegrade for me

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Does anyone know if EBGames Is letting you do the transfer in store for the Switch Lite if you're doing the trade in? I'm on the fence about doing it and if they do then the Switch Lite is an auto lock for an upgrade/sidegrade for me
Yes. Not entirely in-store but someone mentioned that he transferred from OG to Lite by going to the mall's food court and came back to bring his OG switch.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
-.- still no luck finding a switch lite at shoppers. Has anybody seen one yet?

Very odd I did find one that had a hard case for the system but i'm guessing they got it a a week ago (saw hori screen protectors at eb a week early). Also finding tons of genesis mini that came out the same time.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is internet cheaper now?
My Bell Fibe was acting up so we called them, they had to lower our speeds from 75Mbps to 50Mbps just to get it to work again... even though it worked at that speed for 6 months since switching to it... We need TV for TSN/Sportsnet, so there's not many options.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
So is internet cheaper now?
My Bell Fibe was acting up so we called them, they had to lower our speeds from 75Mbps to 50Mbps just to get it to work again... even though it worked at that speed for 6 months since switching to it... We need TV for TSN/Sportsnet, so there's not many options.

Sadly no and I would say from when I tried bell gave me the best deal when getting internet for my in-laws. $50 a month for 500Mbps line w/ alt tv, rogers on the other hand told me I was a horrible person for not considering the $100 1GB line for my in-laws. If you got someone living with you that isn't on the account, maybe stop by a bell store and see what deal they could give you for opening a new account under their name.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sadly no and I would say from when I tried bell gave me the best deal when getting internet for my in-laws. $50 a month for 500Mbps line w/ alt tv, rogers on the other hand told me I was a horrible person for not considering the $100 1GB line for my in-laws. If you got someone living with you that isn't on the account, maybe stop by a bell store and see what deal they could give you for opening a new account under their name.
The hell, $50 for 500Mbps?? I used to have that amazing 2 year promo from Rogers for 1Gbps for $110 or something, good times.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
The hell, $50 for 500Mbps?? I used to have that amazing 2 year promo from Rogers for 1Gbps for $110 or something, good times.
Yeah, Bell is throwing some strong packages together to get people on Alt TV. Hell they gave me 1Gbps with Alt tv for around $80 a month after tax. I originally was migrating to 500Mbps after my building got fiber lines but when they offered me a deal with Alt they dropped my price a little and up my speed. For my in-laws the store tried to push the cost down as much as possible to $60 after tax and then gave me the direct line number to call afterwards. I called to cancel the order and the person tacked on another $10 deal.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Bell TV is better, their internet is as well if you're in a recently built home, or your building is part of their network. Dealing with billing and credit issues is a complete shit show, and magical price changes.

Rogers TV is complete trash. More accessible internet and most likely better speeds as well. At most, on Bell, if your home is older than what, 5-10, 15 years, you'll probably get stuck with something like 50MB down.

Probably find more deals with Rogers too.

Shit is all YMMV. I'm still paying $40 for Rogers gigabit. No one else comes close for me. Teksavvy, ebox, etc charge twice as much, for less.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
How bad Bell really is? I heard nightmare stories about their billing statement. I'm currently with Rogers and it's not as bad as people say about Bell though.
The problem with bell is how they do discounts. You're not being given a fixed price but a fixed discount on the base price. If the base price goes up so does your bill. Plus often some discounts are given x months expiration and when you call to get them back your results may vary.

On Rogers, for my cell service, Their prices are fixed so it tends to stay consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.