• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
So if I sell my Pro + two extra controllers (considering they're not compatible with PS5) + a couple of games for ~$400 at least, I'd be paying about $350 including tax for a PS5. That's not bad at all.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I found a seller willing to part with their Gigabyte OC RTX 2080 for $730 on Kijiji. They claim they bought it 2 months ago and still have the receipt.

Is this worth getting now, or should I wait for sales for BF??

I wish there was an archive somewhere of old BF flyers so I could see if graphic cards had sales last year...

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I found a seller willing to part with their Gigabyte OC RTX 2080 for $730 on Kijiji. They claim they bought it 2 months ago and still have the receipt.

I wish there was an archive somewhere of old BF flyers so I could see if graphic cards had sales last year...
That...seems pretty good

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Found my old receipt a few weeks ago. Was something like get $200 trade in plus $50 off the price of a Pro. My final cost was under $250.

It was that as well as another promo that could be stacked where games would get their trade value bumped up to $20. I remember paying $150+tax when all was said and done.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
It isn't that much money. A lot of people would be interested on saving a couple hundred bucks on a couple hundred bucks.
Yeah, I think it does matter for some people.

For me, particularly with electronics, I'd rather pay more for the piece of mind (particularly after the Xbox 360 bullshit) but assuming people don't treat their tech like shit (admittedly there's no real way to know for sure) I can see how buying a used system for 100 bucks less than retail is a good deal.

That said, I don't think I could ever do it myself, although I'd rather buy a used console than say a used phone.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At this point, I'd rather save the 3-400 bucks and use it towards a PS5, which is gonna be (mostly) backwards compatible. If you've waited this long, what's 1 more year?

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
how do you think eb and the indie stores stay in business.

most people don't care about new vs used. 10% off is 10% off.

I watched a couple of millenials return a used ps4 for another used ps4 and destiny 2. They couldn't care less the system was broken and happily exchanged for another...and didn't know D2 was going free to play.

^general public

EB Games is advertising Destiny 2 for $10 in their latest flyer. People will buy it and won't know any better

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

You can already get a new 2070 Super (pretty close to 2080) with CoD for under $800 all in. May as well wait for BF.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are songs disappearing from Apple Music what the hell, "I Can't Give Up" by Foreigner is completely gone, no other versions of it remain...
This is some sad stuff, did they still not figure out the licensing privileges for streaming yet or what, this shouldn't be happening.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I got a promo code in the mail for Chefs Plate. Not sure if it can be used multiple times, but it seems to give just over 50% off if you sign up for your first box.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Deleted member 563

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the full game download codes packed with new XBOX 360 consoles expire? I found an unused Halo Reach code that i'm gonna try to sell, if able.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
The Source has a new coupon out for tonight only, OCT30, which takes $30 off $150. Notably, it works on video games (though apparently not gaming hardware). I used it on Collection of Mana and Ring Fit Adventure for Switch.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know where I can pick up a second switch dock? They are really hard to find, I went to 3 bestbuys and 4 walmarts. Nintendo's online store is asking for 120$ for one.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know where I can pick up a second switch dock? They are really hard to find, I went to 3 bestbuys and 4 walmarts. Nintendo's online store is asking for 120$ for one.
You can get a Refurb Dock for the weird price of $50.99, but you need to supply your own HDMI cable and Power Supply which they also sell refurbed for $25.99. So for $77 you can get basically a full dock set, you just need to BYO HDMI, which should be fairly easy/inexpensive.

For the record: I've bought a few refurb things from Nintendo before and have never been disappointed in the quality.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You can get a Refurb Dock for the weird price of $50.99, but you need to supply your own HDMI cable and Power Supply which they also sell refurbed for $25.99. So for $77 you can get basically a full dock set, you just need to BYO HDMI, which should be fairly easy/inexpensive.

For the record: I've bought a few refurb things from Nintendo before and have never been disappointed in the quality.
Thanks, did not know these existed. Rather go this route instead of the Insignia one that BestBuy sells, even though that BestBuy version has good reviews.

77$ is much more palatable. Can't see myself spending 120 for it at all.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else get an email from Walmart saying their Pokemon sword/shield double pack is gonna be shipped Jan 1 2020 since they ran out of stock?

😑

Supernova

Oct 10, 2018
Those of you who have played Shadow of the Tomb raider + season pass, i got the game on psn in a recent sale. Do you think i should wait for the free definitive patch to play the game in November?

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Did anyone else get an email from Walmart saying their Pokemon sword/shield double pack is gonna be shipped Jan 1 2020 since they ran out of stock?

😑
No. I got 2 emails. One saying the release date changed to 11/15 (which is what its always been), and my arrival dates will be between 11/18 and 11/20 (I guess that's ok). Then 5 minutes later another email saying my order is out of stock and will be cancelled in 3 days, lol.
Gmail also identified one of the emails as phishing email, even though it's not and it clearly came from Walmart.

Everything they email you is irrelevant and should be ignored.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
No. I got 2 emails. One saying the release date changed to 11/15 (which is what its always been), and my arrival dates will be between 11/18 and 11/20 (I guess that's ok). Then 5 minutes later another email saying my order is out of stock and will be cancelled in 3 days, lol.
Gmail also identified one of the emails as phishing email, even though it's not and it clearly came from Walmart.

Everything they email you is irrelevant and should be ignored.
Ignore any email walmart sends you
Okay hopefully that means everything is actually fine then

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

There's also this one.

Also, Best Buy's Insignia dock is apparently one of the only third party docks that is actually 100% safe to use...Ironically enough

I lol'd at first when I read your post.

but then come to think of it, it makes a lot of sense. Best Buy is probably Nintendo's biggest customer after WM and Target. Getting a piece of that sweet accessories market fits.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That skull and co one looks amazing for what it does. Lots of versatility.

Might just get one.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Physically installing or actually setting it up? It seems pretty plug and play, but I've only done it on laptops admittedly.

sorry just venting. I did 4 upgrades this week (for family and friends)

Some drives don't get detected until activated in windows manually. Then cloning works...sometimes. Then a final issue when a drive wasn't being detected because it was 1mm off in the port. Then some m2 ports only run at pcie 2.0 speed. Sooooo frustrating.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
sorry just venting. I did 4 upgrades this week (for family and friends)

Some drives don't get detected until activated in windows manually. Then cloning works...sometimes. Then a final issue when a drive wasn't being detected because it was 1mm off in the port. Then some m2 ports only run at pcie 2.0 speed. Sooooo frustrating.
Ah, yes. lol
I've had my computer constantly crash because the card was ever so slightly loose and move slightly from time to time but I couldn't figure out why. Very finnicky. lol

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
does anyone know if the ring fit has the same pricing error for 69 here as it does in the US?

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
If you like rhythm games and have a Switch, Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! is $26 on the eShop

This game is a staple of Japanese arcades. It's very Japanese btw. Menus are English but everything else is (delightfully) Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.