• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokklyym

Oct 28, 2017
Success, finally found a switch lite today at shoppers. Also friendly neighborhood reminder, when you can, buy your video game systems from them!! I had two promotions on my account (5k points for every $20 & 100k points if I spend $400 by Oct 31) that could stack and I was able to net a whopping 163885 points in total (~$164 in points).

Would you mind sharing where? I looked all last weekend for a Switch Lite. We have a zillion points and I wanna spend them.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is now a bad time to trade in at EB? I want to get rid of all my physical games and switch to completely digital, life is simpler that way.
Also, on that note, anybody wanna buy Thimble Weed Park from Limited Run on PS4? Opened, but in perfect condition.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Is now a bad time to trade in at EB? I want to get rid of all my physical games and switch to completely digital, life is simpler that way.
Also, on that note, anybody wanna buy Thimble Weed Park from Limited Run on PS4? Opened, but in perfect condition.

I would wait to do any trades until they have a promotion on. They just recently did a minimum $10 credit for any game traded in on a particular day. I unloaded about eight $1 to $3 value games for $80 credit.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I saw they have a trade in promotion for trading games for credit like psn and Xbox

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
dude last year was standing by the line handing everyone a loonie to buy discounted cards packs for him lol.
It's become tradition for my spouse and his brother to give their dad these cards for Christmas, and his brother has more than him right now. It's unacceptable! (a friend just gave me 2 for free, so I'm feeling blessed)

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would wait to do any trades until they have a promotion on. They just recently did a minimum $10 credit for any game traded in on a particular day. I unloaded about eight $1 to $3 value games for $80 credit.
Hmmm yea that's true, a lot of my games are $2-$7 lmao
How the fuck is Forza Horizon 4 $33 tho
I think I saw they have a trade in promotion for trading games for credit like psn and Xbox
This would work nicely, I have to rebuy some of them, well most of the PS4 exclusives, and there's a Black Friday sale coming up...

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
It's become tradition for my spouse and his brother to give their dad these cards for Christmas, and his brother has more than him right now. It's unacceptable! (a friend just gave me 2 for free, so I'm feeling blessed)

That's really nice. Card collecting was awesome back in the 80's and 90's, totally a lost hobby that needs a comeback.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
DEAL

3 free chicken tenders with the purchase of a large drink at participating Ontario Popeyes locations on days the Leafs play at home. Today is one of those days.

1. Download the Toronto Maple Leafs official app
2. Click "Fans" at the bottom of the screen and find the promo under "Contests & Promotions"
3. When in line at Popeyes you enter a name and email address and wait for the cashier to watch you hit the submit button. If the cashier doesn't watch you do it then they can deny you the deal
4. Get the spicy tenders + blackened ranch dipping sauce or else MrNewVegas will yell at you

It ends up being about $2.60 after taxes depending on how much a large drink costs at your location.
The Raptors have a couple of different food deals this season also.

1) Free medium fries at McDonald's with a minimum $1 pre-tax purchase when you use the My McD's app the day after the Raptors score twelve 3's. Valid across Canada except for Quebec.

2) Free cheese or pepperoni slice at Pizza Pizza (🤢) with the purchase of any slice the day after the Raptors win at home while scoring 100 points or more when you use the Raptors app. Valid in Ontario only.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Are midnight releases still a thing for some new games? Wondering if any store is going to do a midnight release for CoD.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I almost feel like the allure of the midnight release has all be disappeared, but I have no idea. I wonder if they'll even bother to do one for the new console launches...

Tokklyym

Oct 28, 2017
I saw a few shoppers had like a small handful of units the week after launch but where I got mine (who had a good size stack and the most) was the Shoppers on King & Peter Street in Toronto.

Thanks a lot. I am going to be downtown tomorrow and I will pop in.

I think I went to 8 Shopper's stores last weekend and the closest I got was a place that had a bunch of empty boxes for the Switch Lite on display.

KLonso

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know what a realistic value for a PS4 Slim 500GB is (with a controller). Seeing prices from $250-350 on kijiji so I wanted to check before listing mine

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Suggestions for a cheap SFF emulation box? Only really want to go up to PSX. New, used, doesn't matter, just needs to be small and cheap.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Are midnight releases still a thing for some new games? Wondering if any store is going to do a midnight release for CoD.

I don't see them as much anymore in this era of pre-loading digital versions that you can play at 12:00 on the dot, or if you change your console's region settings, hours earlier.

Buying physical at midnight would definitely be a buzzkill to only come home and wait at an install screen for an hour. The GTA and COD midnight launches used to be a lot of fun.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Looks like you can get a GTX 1070 on eBay for about $35-40 more. I'd probably suggest doing that, the 1070 is quite a bit better than the 1060 (like 35+% faster)

Care to link me to one because I only see 1070s for near 400 after shipping. Just need something to replace my 670 until next gen and hopefully pc ray tracing cards mature a little.

Last edited:

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just won 14 Days of Game Pass Ultimate from McDonald's Monopoly. Hard deal to shop for really, but even if you're not "playing", make sure you pull those tabs.

Oct 25, 2017
Someone I know needs a TV, I told them to get 4k with HDR

They have netflix and maybe some gaming

Any budget beasts around? 43" or lower, don't need OLED or QLED

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Pretty sure vizios are just good for the price, I'd pay more for a Sony or a Samsung all day long.

Still loving my Sony x900E

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you can find a series 6 TCL tv, that's pretty great for the price too.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Best Buy shipped my Call of Duty on Wednesday, but Canada Post has the expected delivery set to Monday. Great, thanks so much. Really makes pre-ordering worthwhile, considering the closest EB is doing a 9pm release. At least mine's discounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.