• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying it's still valid, I don't know. But specific items were being added an exclusion list for the code, and I think RFA was one of the first items made exempt.
I think you're correct about RFA being exempt.
When I tried just with RFA in my cart, the error message says the code is invalid.
When I added an additional item (approx value $10) the error code changed to say it wasn't "valid right now."

It was worth a shot! 😎

amprsand11

Jan 12, 2018
Canada
I'm gonna return my Walmart copy of Pokemon after it gets delivered today. Does anyone want the preorder code I received? I'll give it to the first person to PM me.

edit: It's gone now.

Last edited:

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Any banks* doing that "open a new account, get [gift]" promo right now? I'm looking at switching banks, but want free stuff lol.

(*other than RBC)

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Best bank set up is:
Chequing/Credit Tangerine/PC
With Savings in EQBank (churn when beneficial)
Investments in Questrade (XGRO or VGRO only, unless you know what you're doing).

Other Credit/Chequing can be better depending on what you buy, and how much money you keep in your Chequing. BMO for example is better at 5000 plus in Chequing, but why not have that in savings.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Best bank set up is:
Investments in Questrade (XGRO or VGRO only, unless you know what you're doing).
I take out cash quite often, so Tangerine wouldn't work for me.

Scotiabank. $350 to open their ultimate package. Open their Scotia Gold Amex and spend $1000 in the first 3 months and get $250 worth of points. Ends December 31st.
hmm, this seems pretty good! I like the perks Scotia offers too, especially the unlimited free global non-Scotiabank ABM withdrawals, and no monthly account fee on a U.S. Dollar Daily Interest Account.

Last edited:

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Is there any sort of hitch with EQ? I'm looking over their website now, and it seems too easy/good.
Not that I've come across. My Accountant/Finance friends say literally everyone that deals with money in Canada uses EQbank for short-term savings. I know that is anecdotal, but they've been great for me.

Here is a review, it mentions a few downsides, but I don't find them very impactful.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
hmm, this seems pretty good! I like the perks Scotia offers too, especially the unlimited free global non-Scotiabank ABM withdrawals, and no monthly account fee on a U.S. Dollar Daily Interest Account.
It can also waive 3 credit cards namely: Scotia AMEX Gold, Momentum Visa Infinite and Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite.

Is there any sort of hitch with EQ? I'm looking over their website now, and it seems too easy/good.
Nothing. Or if being an online only bank matters to you. I also have an EQ account. They usually my go to savings account if other banks don't give more than 2.3% interest.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Not that I've come across. My Accountant/Finance friends say literally everyone that deals with money in Canada uses EQbank for short-term savings. I know that is anecdotal, but they've been great for me.

Here is a review, it mentions a few downsides, but I don't find them very impactful.
Dang. Sounds like a no-brainer. My only concern is that I get paid in both CAD and USD. I'm not very good with financial stuff, so I don't know how that would work out here. Right now I just have a separate US account, but ideally I'd like to be able to contribute money towards my savings from both accounts.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Dang. Sounds like a no-brainer. My only concern is that I get paid in both CAD and USD. I'm not very good with financial stuff, so I don't know how that would work out here. Right now I just have a separate US account, but ideally I'd like to be able to contribute money towards my savings from both accounts.
I'm not sure how that all works out. I'm not sure if it is the same for you but I'm an american citizen so I can't actually have a TFSA. Things get more complicated for me as a dual citizen, not sure how it works for you as a two-currency income.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Best bank set up is:

Other Credit/Chequing can be better depending on what you buy, and how much money you keep in your Chequing. BMO for example is better at 5000 plus in Chequing, but why not have that in savings.
If you know what you're doing, Wealthsimple Trade would probably be a better option due to the lack of fees for trading stocks/ETFs. Even if you don't and you're going with just the above recommendations, i'd still recommend it over Questrade since you don't have to worry about inactivity fees or the like.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
If you know what you're doing, Wealthsimple Trade would probably be a better option due to the lack of fees for trading stocks/ETFs. Even if you don't and you're going with just the above recommendations, i'd still recommend it over Questrade since you don't have to worry about inactivity fees or the like.

Did I fuck up by putting TFSAs in the Wealthsimple robotrader if I don't give a shit about making trades myself? lol

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Best Buy has the Xbox One X Star Wars bundle on for $150 off tomorrow. Anyone know if EB Games will be doing the same for Black Friday?

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, so it looks like my Pokemon order did go through, at least I can see it in my bank statement. However, I still have no email and no trace of it on Walmart's website. How am I supposed to find out where it was sent? I think I chose ship to store, but I don't want to go all the way out there and ask for it.

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I take out cash quite often, so Tangerine wouldn't work for me.

Are there not a lot of Scotia ATMs near you? I've been with Tangerine for awhile and never had an issue grabbing cash when needed.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile us backers are still waiting for our copies, like chumps...

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
They usually only have a limited supply of bonuses.
I've bitched at a manager before, and had them secure more from wherever. Took a couple weeks. But really, it's bullshit. Deliver what you sell EB.
Meanwhile us backers are still waiting for our copies, like chumps...
Remember when they promised that we'd get the first playable demo before anybody else? Developers don't give a single fuck about their backers. Shenmue 3 has made me retroactively dislike Shenmue 1 and 2. Yu Suzuki is fucking hack.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when they promised that we'd get the first playable demo before anybody else?

No, actually, I completely fucking forgot about that.

I am IMMEDIATELY flipping my copy on kijiji as soon as it arrives. I hope the game isn't shipped inside the kickstarter steelcase so I can keep that.

Also, how bad was the Canadian dollar when this kickstarter was closed? I backed for 60 USD at the time, but I doubt I'll get all that back

Status
Not open for further replies.