• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I got back to back emails from Amazon about my ff7 and now it looks like the order just doesn't exist, I'll be calling tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
So I ordered a Ps plus card from bestbuy last Monday.
1 week later I still haven't Recieved an email. The email is correct because I got bestbuy invoices for it.

I've called customer service 3 times already, and they just keep saying "we'll send an email to the seller and they'll resend the email".

Not sure what to do at this point. And before you ask, I've checked spam and I've checked trash. There is nothing there.

Ecks

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is what happened to me. It's just gone from existence.

They gave me $20 credit on my next Amazon order, but wouldn't give me my preorder back.

RIP June 2015 order.

Out of curiousity, did the order include other games or just FFVII?

Only reason I'm asking is because mine is still there (at 54.99 with another 30% reduction), and mine was ordered in November 2015 with Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3, which already shipped, so perhaps that's why it's not been deleted. Also makes the "stock" part seem like a complete and utter lie, not that we couldn't already make that assumption.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Out of curiousity, did the order include other games or just FFVII?

Only reason I'm asking is because mine is still there (at 54.99 with another 30% reduction), and mine was ordered in November 2015 with Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3, which already shipped, so perhaps that's why it's not been deleted. Also makes the "stock" part seem like a complete and utter lie, not that we couldn't already make that assumption.

It was with my preorder of Horizon (obviously long since shipped). It's still been wiped from existence (even the invoice doesn't have it anymore).

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Welp now I'm terrified. Time to take some screen shots.

Really sorry you're dealing with this. :/

Eh. I mean. I'm annoyed but I'll get it in some other fashion. It's just stupid. ~suddenly out of stock~, I'm like, surely it's been "out of stock" at some point in time over the past 5 years lol.

Ecks

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Eh. I mean. I'm annoyed but I'll get it in some other fashion. It's just stupid. ~suddenly out of stock~, I'm like, surely it's been "out of stock" at some point in time over the past 5 years lol.

Seriously. By all logic I should have been cancelled for that reason long before you should have. GG Amazon.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
They have 2 SKUs of VII R. The old one is probably getting deleted. I also have a 54.96 -30% order of it :(

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Amazon's phantom SKU removals for preorders they've price-matched with other retailers over the years have conditioned me to lock in backups for games I've highly anticipated. So I've got reduced price preorders of FFVII Remake and Cyberpunk 2077 at Best Buy and Walmart as well.

Not that those other retailers don't have their share of issues but at least I don't have to sweat my preorders of high-profile games being cancelled without my request or wiped from existence entirely.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
This is what happened to me. It's just gone from existence.

They gave me $20 credit on my next Amazon order, but wouldn't give me my preorder back.

RIP June 2015 order.

You're lucky that they gave you $20, I was dealing with Amazon CSR for over an hour about my cancelled FF7 order earlier this year and they didn't give me anything. From that day on, I decided that I was never going to preorder any games from Amazon ever again.

I'm just glad that it was a game that I don't care about that was cancelled, would've been really ticked off if it was something I wanted to play.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
You're lucky that they gave you $20, I was dealing with Amazon CSR for over an hour about my cancelled FF7 order earlier this year and they didn't give me anything. From that day on, I decided that I was never going to preorder any games from Amazon ever again.

I'm just glad that it was a game that I don't care about that was cancelled, would've been really ticked off if it was something I wanted to play.

Preorders from them can be a shitshow, yeah. Sorry you didn't get your $20 in difference from them. I didn't bother much with the CSR, talked to her for about 5 minutes and then asked for her supervisor. For next time 🤷🏻‍♀️

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Ordering games from amazon has always been terrible for me so I don't order through them anymore on principle. I definitely got some good deals (Xenoblade Chronicles X for 20$ at launch, I'll never forget) from them throughout the years but it's not worth the hassle and the deals dried up awhile ago anyways.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Ordering games from amazon has always been terrible for me so I don't order through them anymore on principle. I definitely got some good deals (Xenoblade Chronicles X for 20$ at launch, I'll never forget) from them throughout the years but it's not worth the hassle and the deals dried up awhile ago anyways.
$20?? Amazon gave it for $2.00 at launch!

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still have my amazon orders, one for me and one for my cousin.

Not gonna lie, hoping mine do get cancelled so I can get credited...I already preordered at walmart for 50 when amazon tried to jack up my preorder prices by 10 dollars each secretly (which has since been fixed) and for a situation like this...But now walmart won't let me cancel any of my orders sooooo....

Muaddib

Oct 25, 2017
Freedom coverage is fine in Vancouver with one major caveat: concrete buildings. signal drops out as soon as you go in
I have finally moved from Freedom precisely because of that. The fact that as soon as you enter any store/building you get no signal makes it so bad.

also, there are some spots that have "shadows" on the coverage. Broadway and Main was one that simply had no signal at all, but now it's crappy 3G

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
I have finally moved from Freedom precisely because of that. The fact that as soon as you enter any store/building you get no signal makes it so bad.

also, there are some spots that have "shadows" on the coverage. Broadway and Main was one that simply had no signal at all, but now it's crappy 3G

lmao - I go to the community centre gym at Main/Kingsway and the signal cuts out the moment I walk in. Only saving grace is the gym offers free Wi-Fi

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how people can prefer such shitty cell coverage to save like $30 a month, that's not even close to worth it. I lose my mind the twice a year when my normal cell service cuts out, I couldn't handle it on a daily basis

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I don't know how people can prefer such shitty cell coverage to save like $30 a month, that's not even close to worth it. I lose my mind the twice a year when my normal cell service cuts out, I couldn't handle it on a daily basis
I think it's a largely case-by-case scenario for people. If they happen to reside, work and travel to places where Freedom coverage is prolific, they're not liable to notice any deficiencies compared to a more robust network and the savings is clearly worthwhile.

Whereas if they happen to live where the signal is patchy, it's clearly not worth the hassle. I was on Freedom (well, Wind at the time) when I moved into my new apartment and I literally had no signal inside my apartment. I had to go outside the physical structure of the building to make calls. That was clearly ludicrous so I migrated over to Public Mobile. But circumstances are going to vary widely for each individual.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding from Staples popped up yesterday, and then today I got the shipping e-mail, haha. That new $100 deal is mighty tempting.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for a delivery via Canpar is frustrating.
Missed it yesterday as they unluckly show up to my apartment five minutes after I leave for work. Info-notice says they'll attempt deliver again today, but the tracking information hasn't updated at all since yesterday's failed delivery attempt. I'd like to go out a bit today, but I can't in the event I risk missing them again.

Oct 25, 2017
So, did you get your code from BB? lol

Would you imagine that I called them FIVE times.

Every single time they came up with a new excuse.

"Ohhh, I'll resend the reseller an email. Call back in 24 hours"
"Ohh, sorry they told you 24 hours. It's supposed to be 48 hours. Tomorrow is the weekend, so check on Monday"
"Ohh, its not in yet? I'll go into the system and reorder it for you"
"I see the problem, there were spaces in your email. It should be ok now"

Wednesday night, nothing. Called them again, asked to speak to supervisor. Told me "Did you check junk folder?"

Yes I checked the fucking junk folder!!!111111111 (Didn't yell, but I was getting pissed. I was getting their stupid best buy promotion emails and order receipt, so the email is fine and they asked me the same thing every time.)

Anyways, I told them this was the last time I was calling. Either they give me a refund or I'm doing a chargeback. "We cant do refunds on digital items".
I told them fine, but either I get it by Thursday night or I call Visa and get my money back. Then I hung up.

Then like magic, I got the code a few hours ago.

Staples code : 71103

$25 off $100 orders or more.

They can't keep doing this. My wallet!

Man, I'm not super complaining, but really poor selection overall. They have the high profile brand new games, but I was hoping for some older releases as well. Control, Sekiro, Vesperia, for PS4, etc. I could easily spend 100 bucks that way.
But with their selection, you pretty much gotta buy pretty new full priced games. It'd hard for me to get to $100 with that selection.

edit: Just saw, xbox has WAY more stuff. The hell?

Last edited:

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Would you imagine that I called them FIVE times.

Every single time they came up with a new excuse.

"Ohhh, I'll resend the reseller an email. Call back in 24 hours"
"Ohh, sorry they told you 24 hours. It's supposed to be 48 hours. Tomorrow is the weekend, so check on Monday"
"Ohh, its not in yet? I'll go into the system and reorder it for you"
"I see the problem, there were spaces in your email. It should be ok now"

Wednesday night, nothing. Called them again, asked to speak to supervisor. Told me "Did you check junk folder?"

Yes I checked the fucking junk folder!!!111111111 (Didn't yell, but I was getting pissed. I was getting their stupid best buy promotion emails and order receipt, so the email is fine and they asked me the same thing every time.)

Anyways, I told them this was the last time I was calling. Either they give me a refund or I'm doing a chargeback. "We cant do refunds on digital items".
I told them fine, but either I get it by Thursday night or I call Visa and get my money back. Then I hung up.

Then like magic, I got the code a few hours ago.

Man, I'm not super complaining, but really poor selection overall. They have the high profile brand new games, but I was hoping for some older releases as well. Control, Sekiro, Vesperia, for PS4, etc. I could easily spend 100 bucks that way.
But with their selection, you pretty much gotta buy pretty new full priced games. It'd hard for me to get to $100 with that selection.

edit: Just saw, xbox has WAY more stuff. The hell?

Haha, wow.. glad you got your code!

amprsand11

Jan 12, 2018
Canada
So, has anyone tried to update payment info with Walmart recently and been successful?
My CC is getting upgraded and changed to a new number and don't want to miss out on my $55 FF VII order. I've had mixed luck with Walmart just shipping regardless, but I don't really want to chance it.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
So, has anyone tried to update payment info with Walmart recently and been successful?
My CC is getting upgraded and changed to a new number and don't want to miss out on my $55 FF VII order. I've had mixed luck with Walmart just shipping regardless, but I don't really want to chance it.
yeah but not through their site. have to call it in and get support to do it.

I had to talk to two different people. first person said they can't change the card at all so the only solution was to fix any problems I had with the original card. second person said they can charge a different card in the "my credit cards" section. add a new credit card with updated shit and tell them to use that one when you call. should be good to go afterward

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
UPS was supposed to deliver a package yesterday from the US. There hasn't been a single update about its location or progress in the UPS system since Nov 30.

It says there was an initial scan in Ontario, CA... Aka, the city of Ontario in California. Rep on the phone assumed that was my location, then she quickly said "oh no that's where it was shipped from" when I corrected her about me being Canadian and not Californian.

....I'm not getting my package, am I?

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
UPS was supposed to deliver a package yesterday from the US. There hasn't been a single update about its location or progress in the UPS system since Nov 30.

It says there was an initial scan in Ontario, CA... Aka, the city of Ontario in California. Rep on the phone assumed that was my location, then she quickly said "oh no that's where it was shipped from" when I corrected her about me being Canadian and not Californian.

It's been a week lmao. Shit could take a week to clear customs. I had a delivery from LRG that hadn't had an update in 2 weeks until it finally checked into customs.

It sounds like it's either sitting in a larger hub in the states, or its stuck in customs. I've had a package stuck in customs for three weeks at one point.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Called UPS again, this second rep said it looks to her like it was never picked up in the first place (Ontario California being the origin and Ontario, Canada being destination is just a coincidence) but the package is still in cali. Told me to call the shipper again and have them resend it......

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
For those worried about FFVII orders on Amazon, I think they fixed it. My order now says arriving March 3rd if I attempt to track it (pre-ordered on the order page). It used to say some placeholder date, so I think they just woke up to the fact that they have two SKUs for it and that one was kind of abandoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.